Welcome to IMFDB
Before you do any editing please take the time to read the Rules, Standards and Principles. This is a very important document that explains how this website is setup as well as telling you what is and isn't allowed. If it is determined by an admin that you have not read these rules, your account will be suspended. Continued non-compliance may result in a permanent ban. After that you should also read the IMFDB Screencapping Guide and the IMFDB Style Guide to familiarize yourself with the image and formatting requirements for pages you create.
There are a number of pages that desperately need your help. You can find these Incomplete pages here.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them here but make sure to sign your post by typing --~~~~.
Finally, IMFDB has a forum set up here that is only available to registered members. There is lots of good stuff to see there. If you would like to join the forum, please post HERE and an account will be created for you.
"Something is going wrong with the Iron Sights picture"
I assume you're getting a message that says "failed to create directory." This is a known issue with our software when people attempt to upload files with certain combinations of numbers in them, the software just doesn't like it for some reason. Try changing the name of the file a bit. Evil Tim (talk) 08:17, 26 November 2017 (EST)
There were single shot VK-98s, here's one:
Oh, I understand, but in the case of the CSGO example you would never write it out that way when there are multiple types of 7.62mm rounds you might load into the magazine (pistol, intermediate and rifle, for a start). You don't typically need to inform soldiers how many rounds fit into a magazine because the follower has a habit of enforcing the correct number: even if you decided to do so, you'd put the "30" on its own line or write "30 rounds" and then the correct type of ammo to load it with.
I'd wager it's a typo by the texture artist, but there's no real way for it to be right, so we can say it's wrong.
Saying something is wrong isn't a condemnation of the work as a whole: we're certainly not saying we're angry at them for doing things this way just by saying it's not how things are in real life. And if it was never intended to be correct, then there's no problem with pointing out it isn't, surely?
If a creator decides to do something the real firearm doesn't do, that depiction is incorrect. That's not a value judgement, though: it might make for a really striking design to have parts a real weapon doesn't, or a really cool scene if a gunman fires fifteen shots from a six-shooter.
Besides, videogame developers are much too busy with fans threatening to murder them for nerfing their favourite gun to worry about us :P
The resources about gunworld
Uncharted 4 Galil/INSAS
Are you 100% sure is a Galil? Just because the Uncharted wikia show a Galil in their page doesn't mean that is a Galil in the game (beside the wikia is not very good for watching infos about the new games). So please make some photos of the rifles (and of the other guns if you can). If you read the IMFDB policy is that usually some pics of the guns IN THE MEDIA are required BEFORE id-ing a gun. No pics means that nobody can correctly identify them better. Shi she (hope is correct).--Dannyguns (talk) 03:58, 5 July 2018 (EDT)
- I'm pretty sure it's a Galil. I looked up some gameplay footage of the INSAS in multiplayer and it's got the Galil 7.62 magazine, the Galil selector switch, and the Galil bolt handle (also try this thumbnail image). The charging handle on the INSAS is very different from that on the Galil, located ahead of the breech on the left side, and has been compared to a HK charging handle. Sadly I do not have a PS4 so I can't provide any images. Also it's "xie xie". Thanks!--Wuzh (talk) 05:25, 5 July 2018 (EDT)
WIP vs incomplete
Incomplete is unfinished. No work is being done. People purposely creating incomplete pages is a pet peeve for me. The Rules specifically state quality over quantity, so users coming in and dropping an incomplete page is a problem. A first day incomplete is on the short list for deletion. WIP means some work is being done. WIP means a user is accountable. --Funkychinaman (talk) 08:17, 16 July 2018 (EDT)
- Yeah, WIP is when you're currently building the page, and you or some specific users are planning to finish it. The appropriate instance to use the "Incomplete" template is when a page has been made for a while (as long as it meets the minimal IMFDB standards) but has some worthy content missing. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 10:44, 16 July 2018 (EDT)
Changing "image" to "file"
Um, why are you doing that? It literally makes no difference at all. We don't have a standard and we don't need to change one to the other. Also could you discuss it on the Main Page talk page before you start doing something like that? Evil Tim (talk) 15:28, 29 July 2018 (EDT)
- OK my theory that it was interpolation was totally wrong and I ended up just taking a screenshot of it displaying correctly at full size and using that. Should start displaying properly on other pages when the server updates, but it's the right colour on the BF1 page now. Evil Tim (talk) 01:22, 31 July 2018 (EDT)
Re: Used file deleted
Sorry for delay, I was very busy the whole week and didn't visit imfdb. As I can see, file A280C.jpg is active, it is used on Talk:Star Wars Battlefront. And I don't see in file history that it was ever deleted. Greg-Z (talk) 03:33, 12 August 2018 (EDT)
LA-K12 Puma shotgun
Figured you might want this for your reference chart; it’s another shotgun housed in a QBZ-95 shell and seems to use Hawk magazines and might only be for export to the US and Canada. --AgentGumby (talk) 17:11, 21 August 2018 (EDT)
- In that regard, there are images of the OTs-38 Stechkin silent revolver and the Monolith Arms P-12. The RSA Kobalt, USFA ZiP Gun, Franchi SAS-12, Cosmi Lusso Deluxe, and Safir T-17 also have images, though they're not currently used in particular media pages so I don't know if you'd like to include them. The MG 39 Rh could also come in handy; it's currently on the MG 34 talk page, but if it makes an actual appearance it will probably have its own page. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 15:15, 22 August 2018 (EDT)
- Alright. Thanks. --Wuzh (talk) 21:08, 22 August 2018 (EDT)
- You are hereby ordered to stop taking things so seriously, on pain of having sharks thrown at you by bears. Evil Tim (talk) 07:52, 13 September 2018 (EDT)