An average gamer and internet enthusiast from China. Not an expert on firearms, but would liked to help with building the wiki by providing images or fixing typos.
Sorry for all the justifying edits in advance. I have problems with anxiety and sometimes takes things the wrong way.
F2P First-Person Shooters That Are Not Team Fortress 2
a.k.a. Online FPS.
Of particular note is a very interesting East Asian pattern for such games, featuring hefty doses of microtransactions and player customization, aesthetically atrocious weapon variants (were talking about slapping a 3D dragon on the side of a gold AK here), aesthetically atrocious everything, waifu bait, outdated engines, and are so oddly consistent you'll swear that they might be reskins of each other. Japan doesn't like FPSs, so Korea started it, China copied it, and now they're everywhere in Asia. They will be automatically added to this list if they are even tangentially related to Tencent, Nexon, or some other Sino-Korean gaming megacorp.
The Eastern European model is noted as being unusually hardcore.
There are a few more TF2-esque Western models down here though.
In no particular order:
- Alliance of Valiant Arms
- Arctic Combat
- Call of Duty Online (did you know that Tencent locked the first character with its own killstreak ability behind a loot box? The character can use the Sparrow from COD BO3, but you need to get loot boxin to get her, and it's not any loot box, it's Tencent lootbox. Time-limited loot boxes using Tencent's own Tencent funbucks.)
- Combat Arms
- Counter-Strike Online
- Counter-Strike Online 2 (Gave up. If you want to complete it you can do it by taking screenshots of videos of people demonstrating the weapons. Also here's a demonstration of all the weapons ported into GMOD. Except for the aiming down sights part and weird weapon FOV everything is as they were in the base game, including all the janky reload animations.)
- Cross Fire (AR-57 and RSh-12)
- Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault
- Operation 7 (2006)
- S.K.I.L.L - Special Force 2
- Warface (clean up mateogalaisms but cannot play game at all. AK-Alfa and some other stuff.)
- Contract Wars
- Dirty Bomb (done... mostly. Got lazy at the end.)
- Glorious Missions (Civilian version)
- Ghost Recon: Phantoms (third-person shooter)
- GunZ 2: The Second Duel (Korean Online TPS)
- Battlefield Play4Free
- Battlefield Heroes
- Heroes & Generals
- Ironsight (LWRC submachine gun, AR-57, training M4 extra weapon used when all weapons are broken)
- Metro Conflict: The Origin (closing in June)
Seburo & Posiedon things
Seburo (Japanese: セブロ) is a fictional arms company created by Japanese mangaka Masamune Shirow. The company and its products have appeared in multiple works by Shirow.
Despite being entirely fictional guns not based on any real weapon, the cyberpunk design of the guns were popular enough to inspire some "defictionalization" recreations. Dai-Nihon Giken Poseidon is a notable Japanese circle that produces airsoft conversion kits and model replicas for anime weapons, including Seburo weapons, as well as other Anime-inspired original creations, such as the CQB TYPE-0 "RAISEN" conversion kit seen in Battlestar Galactica: The Miniseries (2003) or the Seburo Type 06 IkaZuchi conversion kit that led to the creation of the Jing Gong Thunder Maul.
Some of the following products may no longer be available. Most are not available outside of Japan anyways.
Type 06 IkaZuchi
Grader Single Hand 2043
Earth Federation Force Standard Issue Pistol
Notes to self
- http://www.dogswar.ru/oryjeinaia-ekzotika/strelkovoe-oryjie/3910-pistolet-tp-82-kompl.html (Comprehensive TP-82 info)
- The Fliegerfaust can be seen in Gearbox's early footage for Brothers in Arms Furious 4.
- Stop forgetting to add an image to the category gallery when creating a new page.
- Guns for Depth and The Hunter.
- File:SATierOne.jpg is cropped from: https://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbcslyKz691qzibzio1_1280.jpg
- Clean image from wayback machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20121126085433/https://www.salientarmsinternational.com
- Tacticool Glock in latest H3VR update is a ZEV race gun http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/02/chris-dumm/obscure-object-desire-glockworxzev-g34-race-gun/
95 with rails
According to some Chinese forum sources, these modded 95s and 88s with rails are from Hong Kong weapon modder and weapon consultant Lei Gaa-hou (Li Jiahao if pronounced in Mandarin) (weibo). He originally designed the QBZ-95 with the lowered carrying handle, which was copied by Chinese mainland companies into an "original prototype design". He also designed the QBZ-95 RIS seen in the movie and the railed QBU-88. (Here's a summary article from Zhihu, Chinese Quora. The anime header is from Girls Frontline, a Chinese mobile game with moefied guns, the two depicted being QBZ-95 and 97.)