Welcome to IMFDB
Before you do any editing please take the time to read the Rules, Standards and Principles. This is a very important document that explains how this website is setup as well as telling you what is and isn't allowed. If it is determined by an admin that you have not read these rules, your account will be suspended. Continued non-compliance may result in a permanent ban.
There are a number of pages that desperately need your help. You can find these Incomplete pages here.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them here but make sure to sign your post by typing --~~~~.
Finally, IMFDB has a forum set up here that is only available to registered members. There is lots of good stuff to see there. If you would like to join the forum, please post HERE and an account will be created for you.
Adding pics to the Payday 2 page
If you can, try to centralize articles about guns, so to speak. You added a pic to the AMIR article, which as you probably know, i just a modified version of the AKMSU. The same split was between the MP5's until i changed it.
- True, although the AIMR was put there before by someone else. If you don't mind, I'll leave the formatting up to you or someone else :P but yeah the page has been cluttered up quite a bit. AgentGumby (talk) 16:59, 4 December 2015 (EST)
- imfdb seems to shit itself when you reformat, but i'll keep doing it--AnActualAK47 (talk) 18:19, 4 December 2015 (EST)
About yer pics on the BF4 page
- Edit: Do you mark the screenshots you replace with the "nuke" tag? As we have no need to keep them, we might as well get rid of them instead of filling up the site with unused screens.--AnActualAK47 (talk) 15:59, 7 August 2016 (EDT)
- I kinda like to keep the emblem as a watermark thing; I haven't marked anything to nuke either, I'll keep that in mind though.(I only replaced like two or three though, most of what I added was new content)--AgentGumby (talk) 18:31, 7 August 2016 (EDT)
"Aspect ration"... praise Gumby The Grammar Nazi!!! All jokes aside, it would take a lot of time to replace all the old screenshots of the page, but yeah if you don't mind that feel free to work on it. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 19:37, 8 December 2017 (EST)
- Hah. Expect more inane comments whenever that happens to me.--AgentGumby (talk) 14:11, 11 January 2018 (EST)
The reason I removed it is actually the opposite of what you said: the fact that much worse things happened wouldn't mean issuing expanding bullets to be fired at infantry as a matter of policy would be seen as a minor violation of the Hague Convention. But the actual point is that this was a weapon which was never supposed to be used in combat, and the choice of a round you couldn't legally fire at the enemy even if you wanted to is reflective of that. Hopefully the rewrite gets that across a bit better. Evil Tim (talk) 23:41, 7 May 2018 (EDT)
I'm not necessarily saying that it's incorrect per se; it's just a rather odd and inefficient way of going about charging the weapon. The charging handle is connected to the gas-trapping upper assembly, which is in turn connected directly to the bolt, so there's no particular reason not to pull the charging handle. It's a bit like when a game's empty reload animation for an AR-15-pattern rifle involves the use of the charging handle instead of the bolt release; it's not wrong, but why would you go out of your way to preform this action in an awkward, inefficient manner when there's a far better, easier way to do it? I hope that this clears things up. Pyr0m4n14c (talk) 17:15, 11 June 2018 (EDT) P.S.: Maybe I'm just bad at searching, but man, finding a video that actually shows off the empty reload animation of the "Goat II" was a pain.
RE: Rising Storm 2
Got it. Feel free to update them if you get the chance, otherwise I'll try to grab some replacements next time I'm in game. I've been finding it tough to get into a server running ARVN maps though. --Riverstyx (talk) 19:26, 18 June 2018 (EDT)