New Ad space
RE: 12,000th Page
- It's happening again. I can't edit any pages without having to go through a captcha challenge first. --Ben41 (talk) 04:38, 15 July 2013 (EDT)
People have been asking about the gaps at the top of pages when the infobox templates are used, and I know that the gap was put in to create space for the infoboxes. However, would just putting a <br clear=all> at the top of the page be a simpler solution? This way it only leaves the necessary sized gap for the add in question, and if somebody is using an adblocker or a non default skin it only leaves a single line gap rather than 14. I have tried mocking it up on my user page and it seems to work, but as I normally use an ad-blocker I don't know if this creates other conflicts or works for everyone, so wanted to check with you. --commando552 (talk) 06:16, 11 September 2013 (EDT)
- Throw it up! That's a great solution. --bunni (talk) 13:06, 11 September 2013 (EDT)
Any ideas regarding all the editing downtime we've been having recently? We've had 12+ hour blackouts where nobody could edit, login or upload images and we're kind of wondering what's going on. Seems uploads just went down again, too. Evil Tim (talk) 16:50, 9 November 2013 (EST)
- Still a slight issue in that it seems if you're logged out you can't view content pages that weren't edited today, I can get La Femme Nikita 1990 and Olympus Has Fallen but not Serpico, and as soon as I edited CoD Ghosts I could get that to load elsewhere (testing in Internet Explorer where I'm not logged in). Also the Vector skin is kind of broken, at least if you're logged out. Evil Tim (talk) 03:54, 10 November 2013 (EST)
Server Issues: Thanks
Thanks for your hard work and getting the site back up in such a short time. As for drive space, is there anything we can do as admins to clear out more space? What seems to taking up the most space? --Ben41 (talk) 17:59, 14 November 2013 (EST)
- I don't know if killing is the right word, but it's certainly in medically induced coma at the moment... --bunni (talk) 02:50, 3 April 2014 (EDT)
- I had started doing a post about Ronald Reagan, the only president with an IMFDB page, but I think my privileges changed. I couldn't upload any images. --Funkychinaman (talk) 02:55, 3 April 2014 (EDT)
Adding to welcome discussion page.
On the "Welcome" post to new users, I would recommend adding links to the IMFDB Screencapping Guide and the IMFDB Style Guide in addition to the Rules, Standards and Principles. Links to those pages might be good to add to the main page as well.--Ben41 (talk) 04:44, 20 May 2014 (EDT)
- Good idea --bunni (talk) 11:57, 21 May 2014 (EDT)
For some reason, the image quality on some of the images on several pages (NCIS - Season 1 and NCIS: New Orleans - Season 1) are starting to look a little blurry. Take a look at the SIG-Sauer P228 section in NCIS Season 1. --Ben41 (talk) 04:07, 21 November 2014 (EST)
If you look at the fourth screenshot in the SIG-Sauer P228 of NCIS - Season 1, these look significantly lower quality than the other ones on the page. These are all HD images originally. It's the image below that doesn't look good on the TV page. If I change the thumbnail size, it then seems to correct itself. I've looked at it in both Chrome and Firefox. --Ben41 (talk) 12:24, 21 November 2014 (EST)
Reported attack site
Forum password reset
It's kind of my own fault for forgetting my password, but the forum password reset function doesn't ever seem to actually send out a password reset email, I've tried a couple of times now and it never arrives. Evil Tim (talk) 19:10, 22 December 2014 (EST)
Heya, we've been having a few issues recently with the site going offline (Cloudflare throws up a 522 error with no cached page). Seems to mostly happen during the day GMT, which I guess is the early hours of the morning over there. Any idea what's happening? Evil Tim (talk) 20:34, 17 March 2015 (EDT)
It's been almost a year since any new Forum Requests have been processed. If you need someone to help administer the forum and forum requests, I'll volunteer. --Funkychinaman (talk) 01:29, 13 April 2015 (EDT)
- There's still about a year's worth of forum requests. I know you said that you're concerned with user's privacy, but as a forum admin, I'm already able to access private user information. --Funkychinaman (talk) 07:57, 18 September 2015 (EDT)
Main Page problems
There have been some problems with getting to the Main Page recently. If you try to access the main page by typing "imfdb.org" without being logged in, you get the "cached" copy problem screen. However, I have been able to get around this by typing "imfdb.org/forum" and then logging in. I have been using the Chrome browser. Have you seen this problem? --Ben41 (talk) 18:36, 31 August 2015 (EDT)
- I too have been having the same issue last couple of days - Going to the main page directly prior to long-in also hits me with the 'cached' problem screen. I've been able to circumvent by going to other pages on the site (usually the recent changes page for me) and logging in from there. I use Firefox. Figured I'd mention it just in case. StanTheMan (talk) 22:15, 31 August 2015 (EDT)
I think we have a dodgy ad
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Talk:Main_Page#Newsletter_notice Evil Tim (talk) 20:54, 22 October 2015 (EDT)
Any idea what this is about?
"Need to edit a page to test API functionality. Specifically with the images.
I'll be editing Excel Saga.
25 words total and then some."
Hey Bunni, how has life been? I'm just wondering when those free imfdb stickers you've been advertising will be sent out, I put out the form a few weeks ago, and I still haven't got one that I know of, thanks.--Alienqueen11 (talk) 16:57, 6 January 2017 (EST)
- Same here, glad to hear the stickers are being taken like hot cakes. Thanks for responding and letting me know.--Alienqueen11 (talk) 02:49, 8 January 2017 (EST)
Main Page not working?
There seems to be a problem when trying to access the main page before logging in. This happens both in IE and Chrome. Please take a look at the "Main Page Not Working" discussion in the Talk:Main Page section. --Ben41 (talk) 22:30, 17 June 2017 (EDT)
Please create a forum account for me, thanks! ;)
I would like to join the forum. I made a request now little, but I think I did wrong - Dillvasconselos
Not sure if this is the site or just new in Firefox
Had my 180-daily logout and Firefox warned me the login page isn't secure (not https and all). Didn't do that last time, not sure if it's something they've added in the meantime or something that's changed on our end. Evil Tim (talk) 12:01, 15 July 2017 (EDT)
- Chrome's going to start doing it too. Part of the push to a full https web. Nothing changed on our end. It will happen for search forms too.--bunni (talk) 12:04, 15 July 2017 (EDT)
Thanks for fixing my accidental blocking, Bunni! Have a good one!
Can't Sign In
- To be exact, this problem seems to manifest between roughly 5am to about 11am GMT: trying to edit during this period brings up the message
- "Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data. Please try again. If it still does not work, try logging out and logging back in."
- If you actually try this, you can't log back in: trying gets you a message saying that the site requires cookies to be enabled. In addition, during this period large pages do not fully load, and some pages display an error message when you try to look at their history. Evil Tim (talk) 13:43, 21 December 2018 (EST)
Hello, for the past few months, some users including me have been having a weird issue when opening this specific website on mobile, as discussed here. It usually happens only once per day (sometimes for the first time in a day, although it's not always the case). In my case, when I open the link to the IMFDB recent changes (regardless of whether I'm logged in or not), I automatically get redirected to "sslgateways.com" followed by a series of random letters and numbers, which itself proceeds to redirect me to strange websites including "tlgram.me" (although I always try to stop the loading process of such pages as fast as possible and reload the IMFDB link). Me and the other users who mentioned the issue are encountering this while using Chrome on Android devices (although it doesn't seem to be exclusive to Chrome, according to Lunar Watcher's last comment). Any idea what's exactly causing this, and if it can be fixed? --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 11:35, 26 February 2019 (EST)
- Android 8.0.0, and it's been happening on some Chrome versions including 71.0.3578.99 --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 18:38, 26 February 2019 (EST)
Can't Sign In (Again 05/2019)
Is it full again?
Hey Bunni, there's a small issue with all namespaces (main articles, images, templates) that have "John Wick" as part of their name. It appears that the ad showing up at the top causes most of the text to be squeezed to the left side (easily seen this article, and it's been discussed at the end of its talk page). Is there any chance of fixing it? It's strange, since there is also an ad with the same width there, and yet it's not causing any problems. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 18:14, 7 October 2019 (EDT) P.S.: The sslgateways.com redirects on mobile are now occurring again.