Welcome to IMFDB
Before you do any editing please take the time to read the Rules, Standards and Principles. This is a very important document that explains how this website is setup as well as telling you what is and isn't allowed. If it is determined by an admin that you have not read these rules, your account will be suspended. Continued non-compliance may result in a permanent ban. After that you should also read the IMFDB Screencapping Guide and the IMFDB Style Guide to familiarize yourself with the image and formatting requirements for pages you create.
There are a number of pages that desperately need your help. You can find these Incomplete pages here.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them here but make sure to sign your post by typing --~~~~.
Finally, IMFDB has a forum set up here that is only available to registered members. There is lots of good stuff to see there. If you would like to join the forum, please post HERE and an account will be created for you.
Hello, Dannyguns! I'm sorry, I have some question: as I can see, you make screenshoots by photographing the screen. This screenshoots usialy a bad quality. You may using key Prt Sc Sys Pq (Print Screen) to capturing the shot from screen. After that, you should opend the paint and press ctrl V to puts captured screenshot, that, usialy much more better quality. Pyramid Silent (talk) 11:32, 16 November 2016 (EST)
- Ok. Also, in Russian correct Spasibo, not Spasiba. Pyramid Silent (talk) 16:54, 18 November 2016 (EST)
Hello. About firearms of this case, it's currently not known exactly, but looks like, that the had used two Over-Under Shotguns and TT pistol , . Pyramid Silent (talk) 11:03, 21 November 2016 (EST)
While the original SIG-Sauer company is indeed Swiss, the Modern Firearms page for the MPX (as well as some other sources) state that it is manufactured in USA; same goes for the SIG MCX assault rifle counterpart. And regarding the Types 56, no, I find no mention of the real US Army using it. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 04:24, 30 November 2016 (EST)
I personally can't read Chinese, especially if it's simplified characters. You can upload the image and let other users take a crack at it though. We might be able to use Google Translate. --Funkychinaman (talk) 07:21, 4 December 2016 (EST)
- You can ask user Hkgunlover for Chinse translation. Pyramid Silent (talk) 11:35, 4 December 2016 (EST)
- Hey you can just show me the screenshots and I can translate them for you - you can trust me since my mother tongue is Chinese
RE: Beretta ARX
Tom Clany. boook
Chinese armed forces page
We've stopped making these pages, since no one is sure what the purpose is, and after all these years, none have been completed. And there's no reason at all to combine the PRC and ROC. --Funkychinaman (talk) 09:44, 21 January 2017 (EST)
- No, a PLA page was already deleted back in 2012. --Funkychinaman (talk) 11:23, 21 January 2017 (EST)
- I was reluctant to discuss this as my decision hasn't changed and I didn't want any response from me to be seen as part of a debate, but you sort of made my point for me. There's no oversight as to the content of these pages, so they're a mess, and as was raised when the topic came up in 2012, Wikipedia already does a better job of it. Without improvement or some sort of plan, none of the armed forces pages will stay for long. --Funkychinaman (talk) 12:19, 23 January 2017 (EST)
I noticed that you are looking for ID's on several guns used in Weaphones, is this because you intend on making a page for it? If so, don't, mobile games are banned under the Rules, Standards and Principles. --commando552 (talk) 13:25, 22 January 2017 (EST)
In all honesty, I'm kinda tired right now and thus not in a real state of identifying such images :P (they're pretty cartoonish, which is not my style anyway), so I'd recommend that you ask another user, preferably an admin. That said, I'll give it a try; I'd say that the first weapon is a VERY shortened SPAS-12 with some modifications. The second one, I don't know, try looking up weapons similar in design to the Skorpion and the Kedr PP-91. As for the revolver, the closest match that I could find for now is the Taurus Model 431, though it might not be 100% this one. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 17:41, 22 January 2017 (EST)
- If that was a real page you would have to add captions for the images and link to the correct pages. As for if this could ever be a real page, if it was offically released on Steam or similar it would potentially be eligible (however there is still a question of whether something like this is actually a "game"), however I can't imagine that this would ever happen, as the whole point of Weaphones is that it can be used with the touchscreen on a phone to simulate holding a real weapon. --commando552 (talk) 14:01, 5 February 2017 (EST)
Almost, stopped since 2012, althought I would like more a games section.--Dannyguns (talk) 08:55, 20 February 2017 (EST)
I known, I will do it, but firearms appeared more often in early part of serie cause now is considered in West as a cartoon so dont expect much recents pics. The games (particulary the 1st ones) are more serious.--Dannyguns (talk) 13:24, 20 February 2017 (EST)
- OK. And, please, remove the black bars in last screenshot. Pyramid Silent (talk) 13:31, 20 February 2017 (EST)
- The vertical black zones on the right and the left edges of screenshot. Pyramid Silent (talk) 13:43, 20 February 2017 (EST)
Umh sorry I m using a tablet so I cant do much, right now. Besides is just a talk page.
Kbs wz.96 Beryl
In response to your question to Tim, what you actually had to do is edit the Beryl redirect and change the link from AK-47 to AK-74; there's no use in moving the page itself. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 18:02, 14 March 2017 (EDT)
Thank you, bro! --Dannyguns (talk) 18:05, 14 March 2017 (EDT)
Ok. If you want, you may gave me your e-mail address to continy speech in e-mail. Also, I have a little bit of Polish descent, but I don't speak Polish at all, due I had never talk with the native speakers, so I can't answer in Polish. Pyramid Silent (talk) 04:12, 29 April 2017 (EDT)
Ohhhh boy. Yeah, I've seen that page before, and it's a doozy. If I find myself with some spare time, I'll take a stab at it. For the record, I do have mild OCD, and it doesn't offend me that you asked (with the way I edit, it's a pretty logical assumption to make). As for being friends, well, why not? (I was going to jokingly say "You know what? I think we're gonna be friends. Special friends.", but I'm not sure that that's a joke that you'd get. See you later, Danny. Pyr0m4n14c (talk) 15:49, 5 May 2017 (EDT)
It's very easy:
- Guns I fired
Walther P1 (Very bad quality Spanish replica made by Chica Corporation, now with broken barrell resembling a Walther P5)
Beretta 92FS (Various Airsoft replicas at various events stands)
Colt M1911A1 (Airsoft replica owned by friend)
- Guns I held
M1 Thompson (Non-firing replica maybe.Held during an event, this site doesnt allow to upload the pic)
M1 Garand (Ditto as M1A1 Thompson.)
Couple Sandbox Fixes/Help
- The derringer is the Remington 1866 Derringer.
- You can "customizable" the FAMAS, not "costumizable".
- The sniper rifle is spelled SVD Dragunov, not "Dragonuv".
- The CZ75 is actually properly referred to as the CZ 75 "Pre-B".
- "United States", not "United Stated".
Main page talk
- And they don't even have a full tally of the dead yet. So let's show some decency here. --Funkychinaman (talk) 14:40, 2 October 2017 (EDT)
Sorry--Dannyguns (talk) 07:54, 3 October 2017 (EDT) I was even drunk
Please stop taking photographs of your TV
- Yeah, you just need a USB memory stick or portable hard drive (your tablet might even work as one), then do this. Evil Tim (talk) 09:39, 17 November 2017 (EST)
Thank you, English is not my mother language. A lil' help is appreciated.
I believe any unused images there are a result of pages that got deleted. That page will become very overcrowded if we allow people to upload images of random variants that don't appear in anything, given how many AR variants there are. I'm just being consistent since I already told Treliazz777 not to do that. Evil Tim (talk) 15:17, 29 March 2018 (EDT)
- For other pages I'd be a bit more lenient, but the really big ones like that and M1911 I think we should only add new images that we actually need. Evil Tim (talk) 15:23, 29 March 2018 (EDT)
RE: Weapon IDs
Hey Danny, sorry for taking so long to reply. And thanks for the praise, though I can't help but feel it's a bit misplaced. Anyways, as for your guns, the shotgun looks most like a Benelli M4 Super 90, considering details like the design of the trigger group, magazine tube cap, front sight, pistol grip, and forearm (which has been altered into a pump handle), though the top-folding stock and heat shield almost makes it seem like they were going for a SPAS-12 lookalike. The SMG is a bit trickier. The overall form-factor looks a bit like a Kedr PP-91 or similar, but many of the features seem to be derived from a rifle, such as the FN SCAR. It's more or less completely fictional; the fact that the folding stock couldn't possibly fold with the charging handle in the way helps further support this idea. If I get any further divine inspiration I'll let you know, but that's all I can figure out for now. Hope this helps! Pyr0m4n14c (talk) 20:29, 29 May 2018 (EDT)
Nope, anyone can do it. Let's say we're trying to redirect, I don't know, "The Fellowship of the Ring" to "Lord of the Rings." here's what do.
First we go to
Then hit "create" at the top. Now in that edit window we type
#REDIRECT [[Lord of the Rings]]
- Oh, you can also make redirects to specific subsections of a page by going to that page (when you get there, click "page" at the top-left to make sure you're not getting an address from another redirect), clicking the table of contents link to the relevant subsection and copying the last part of the link in your address bar. For example, if you want to make a redirect that doesn't just go to Beretta 92 pistol series but specifically to the section for the 92F and FS:
- The address is http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Beretta_92_pistol_series#Beretta_92F.2FFS, so you want to cut off the Beretta_92_pistol_series#Beretta_92F.2FFS part.
- #REDIRECT [[Beretta_92_pistol_series#Beretta_92F.2FFS]]
- If you can be bothered you can clean out the underscores and such (Beretta 92 pistol series#Beretta 92F/FS) but the redirect doesn't care which way you do it. Evil Tim (talk) 07:07, 25 July 2018 (EDT)
Upon looking at the switching animation here (while watching at slow speed), I didn't see a flashlight/grip combination. Anyway, as I've stated when I made the change in the WW3 page, the stock is diagonal (it's visible in first person, but it's even more noticeable in third-person view here - it's the fifth weapon on the right), while on the PM-06 the stock is horizontal. There's also the fact that the charging handle is bent upward; this is seen on PM-98 submachine guns, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't the case for the PM-06. As for the rail, it seems to be a custom one; it's clearly different from the raised one seen on the PM-06. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 13:09, 5 September 2018 (EDT)
- One inch is exactly 25.4mm, half an inch is 12.7mm. Russia regards all rifles above 9mm as "large calibre," but it's still pretty far from being a 50 cal. Evil Tim (talk) 03:40, 11 November 2018 (EST)
SKS Entry in Squad Page
Hey man, is it alright if I changed the SKS entry back to its actual designation of SKS-45? We usually just refer to it as "SKS" colloquially, but -45 is the full designation adopted by the Russian military, and can also be seen in the 3rd and 4th image of this guide training manual for the 1949 pattern AK-47. - 22:05, 10 November 2018 (EST)
Well since most if not all the SKS in this page are simply called SKS. And you should not that not every SKS was made by Russia, there where copies made by China, Vietnam and DDR. So I think is more correct. And please sign your name.--Dannyguns (talk) 11:33, 11 November 2018 (EST)
Oh that one. Norinco made their own AK-74-styled Type 88 rifle based on their Type 56 rifles, while North Korea made their own AK derivative called Type 88 independent of Norinco. Because how Asian gun naming works, most of these guns have the same name style. (compare "Model" X for guns named in English) I think this should be one source about the Norinco Type 88, which was chambered in 5.45mm and had seen some exports to the United States. You can also try this site and this site. --Wuzh (talk) 02:10, 30 November 2018 (EST)
As far as I know, China does not make any Skorpion clones. As for whether or not China uses Skorpions, I've heard of rumors that say that the police academy for Special Police Units of the People's Armed Police use Skorpions, but I do not have any conclusive evidence to prove it or show it. --Wuzh (talk) 13:00, 9 April 2019 (EDT)
RE: IMFDB bug
Well yeah, it's working now, but you should expect the issue to happen again daily, during the same hours as before. I don't know how many days it will need to be fixed. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 12:27, 17 May 2019 (EDT)