Welcome to IMFDB
Before you do any editing please take the time to read the Rules, Standards and Principles. This is a very important document that explains how this website is setup as well as telling you what is and isn't allowed. If it is determined by an admin that you have not read these rules, your account will be suspended. Continued non-compliance may result in a permanent ban. After that you should also read the IMFDB Screencapping Guide and the IMFDB Style Guide to familiarize yourself with the image and formatting requirements for pages you create.
There are a number of pages that desperately need your help. You can find these Incomplete pages here.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them here but make sure to sign your post by typing --~~~~.
Finally, IMFDB has a forum set up here that is only available to registered members. There is lots of good stuff to see there. If you would like to join the forum, please post HERE and an account will be created for you.
Two Thumbs Up
Hello! I'm sorry, I have one question: do you planing to complite page Two Thumbs Up? If you will not uplouds gun screenshot at the a few resent days, this page will be deleted. Pyramid Silent (talk) 11:41, 13 July 2015 (EDT)
Please don't delete any information pertaining to actor usage. Sometimes, you can't get a screenshot of an actor using or handling a weapon, so the description is the only way we ever know. --Funkychinaman (talk) 13:21, 30 August 2015 (EDT)
Please STOP deleting any more information from any television pages or movie pages like what you did for Criminal Minds or Hawaii Five-0 (2010) - Season 5. This information is placed there to help a user know where a particular weapon is used in an episode or if any different character other than the regular cast uses one. You may edit to correct grammar or spelling mistakes or if the episode identification is wrong, but do not completely wipe out the information that is already there. If you continue to do this, you may be subject to more direct action such as suspension of editing privileges. --Ben41 (talk) 01:08, 6 September 2015 (EDT)
- You did this again on La Horde and the Glock 17 section for S1 of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (strange since you seem to have added details to several other sections on that page). I've reverted these edits. As you were previously warned about this prior, I strongly recommend for your sake you cease doing this going forward. StanTheMan (talk) 16:02, 7 June 2016 (EDT)
Hello, Hkgunlover! I'm sorry, have some request. May you ID actors in the movie Wolf Warriors. I see, you from Hong Kong, so, you understand this lagage. Thanks! Pyramid Silent (talk) 06:57, 12 September 2015 (EDT)
- Yes, sure. I would be very grateful! I don't speak chinese language (in Russia it's titled chinese, but I don't know English name for this language - Cantonese, Mandarin or other), so I can't do it. And IMDB information for this movie are incomplete, so it's doesn't contain this data. Many thanks for the help! :) Pyramid Silent (talk) 04:34, 13 September 2015 (EDT)
- Thank you very much! Great work! If you don't mind, I shall add this data to IMDB. Many thanks for the help! :) Pyramid Silent (talk) 09:44, 13 September 2015 (EDT)
Another actor ID
Hello, Hkgunlover! I'm sorry, have another request. May you help me to ID actor, who played Mr. Robinson the movie In the Line of Duty 4: Witness. At English wikipedia and IMDB he is uncredited, but he may be credited at some chinese language sourses. I see, you from Hong Kong, so, you understand chinese language. Thanks! Pyramid Silent (talk) 18:06, 18 September 2015 (EDT)
Agents of SHIELD
When creating a page for a new season of an existing series, please follow the formatting for the previously created seasons. The page you created for Agents of Shield was a different title than the ones previously created. It is best to take a look a previous season and then "copy and paste" the formatting of the previous page and then replace the code. Also, when adding comments in the discussion page, make sure you sign your posts with the "--~~~~" --Ben41 (talk) 11:31, 1 October 2015 (EDT)
Hello, Hkgunlover! I'm sorry, I have some request: do you know, what firearms uses Qing army during the Taiping rebellion. It's need to ID rifles in the The Warlords. Previosly, I think, that's snider, but another user thinks, that I'm wrong. Pyramid Silent (talk) 15:28, 4 October 2015 (EDT)
You wrote that an AKS-47 rifle appeared in an episode of CSI: Cyber - Season 1, but you didn't provide enough details about how the weapon was used or what episode this was from. If you want to make entries for pages and cannot contribute screenshots, please at least provide more details about where and what episode the weapon was used in. --Ben41 (talk) 21:00, 7 October 2015 (EDT)
In a few pages, most recently in the Die Hard and Point Break pages, you've been arbitrarily changing text in sections and making separate 'note' paragraphs. This is a bit of a problem. More than that, in doing these edits you have removed text and details, which is more than a bit of a problem (which you were warned about before). I myself don't see the necessity for these edits and as such I've reverted them. I ask that you refrain from doing any more such edits, or at least cease until the admins weigh in on this. Given that edits like these on another page were reverted by one admin and another admin already warned you about removing details, I imagine their thoughts won't be much in your favor. StanTheMan (talk) 23:27, 11 December 2015 (EST)
Sorry for annoying...
Well I buyed Far Cry 4 yesterday and I noted a Chinese writing. Piramid Silent said that I should ask at you for translation. Can I ask at you if I find Chinese writings?( regarding this site of course) (or maybe even teach me Chinese). Sorry for annoying. --Dannyguns (talk) 11:57, 4 December 2016 (EST)
- No problem, just show me
Ok, thanks. Aw fuck the in site pic havnt Chinese writings so I need to make a pic
- The two characters are just behind the charging handle. Evil Tim (talk) 11:38, 5 December 2016 (EST)
Dannyguns, I would say the characters has the meaning of "full auto" and "semi-auto" - yet, apart from the Chinese wordings (yes, the Chinese government employs these SMGs), they are also placed in a wrong position of the selector switch! hkgunlover (talk) Thank you, so is not a Type-something Chinese clone. I didnt knew that PRC use Skorpions. If you need translation with Italian,(usually mis-translated),Polish or to transliterate Cyrillic, ask me :) --Dannyguns (talk) 08:11, 7 December 2016 (EST)
Sorry to bother you again but... 1) I rode in McNab's Deep Black mention a MP5 made in Hong Kong. Is true? Hong Kong have gun factories? 2) While in other book Charles Herdenson's Marine Sniper, it mention a K44 rifle. It say is chinese but I cant find anywhere on net. Sorry just curiosity.--Dannyguns (talk) 11:23, 13 December 2016 (EST)
- 1) No, the MP5 is a German product, not Hongkongese (there are copies made in mainland China though). Real guns? No, we don't have any factories manufacturing firearms. Remember that Hong Kong is not China. Most of the firearms used by the law enforcement - like S&W and Glock sidearms - are imported. However, we do have plants makng airsoft ones, and citizens of the city are permitted to own copies with no more than 2 joules.
2) You're probably referring to the Mosin-Nagant rifle which was manufactured by the Soviet Union - they're called the "Type 53", not K44s, and used in WWII before being replaced by the SKS (with AKs) in the Chinese Army Hope this helps
- As I know a little about this I thought I would add that the K44 name is the designation that the type 53 (along with russian made M44s) was given by the North Vietnamese Army. The same rifle with a grenade launching muzzle was designated the AT44. As for the MP5s, it is also possible that an MP5 you found in Hong Kong would actually be a British one made under license at Enfield. There were a large amount of genuine MP5s in Hong Kong when it was handed back to China and people suspect that it was these guns that were reverse engineered into the Chinese clone.--commando552 (talk) 04:59, 14 December 2016 (EST)