Law & Order: UK
Nice, but where's the trigger?
This article or section is incomplete. You can help IMFDB by .
Law & Order: UK is the British adaptation of the long-running American drama Law & Order. Set in London, Law & Order: UK is not the first foreign adaption of the Law & Order franchise, but the first in English and the first adaptation of the original Law & Order rather than SVU or Criminal Intent. Every episode is based on an existing Law & Order episode, with slight changes to fit the characters, British law (no death penalty) and technological updates (CCTV). Like American versions of Law & Order, the signature "clang-clang" sound and opening voice-over are used (with Robert Glenister replacing Steven Zirnkilton.) Due to the nature of British television, each "series" consists of only six or seven episodes, and two "series" are combined to make an American "season" of thirteen episodes. Despite the fewer episodes (39 episodes in six series, compared to the 134 episodes the original series had aired in six seasons,) cast turnover has kept up, with only one original cast member remaining at the start of series 7.
Given tighter British gun laws and the fact that even most of the police officers are unarmed, there are far fewer guns in this series than its American counterpart.
- Detective Sergeant Ronnie Brooks - Bradley Walsh (Series 1-8)
- Detective Sergeant Matt Devlin - Jamie Bamber (Series 1-5)
- Detective Sergeant Sam Casey - Paul Nicholls (Series 6-7)
- Detective Sergeant Joe Hawkins - Ben Bailey-Smith (Series 8)
- Detective Inspector Natalie Chandler - Harriet Walter (Series 1-6)
- Detective Inspector Wes Layton - Paterson Joseph (Series 7-8)
- Detective Inspector Elizabeth Flynn - Sharon Small (Series 8)
- Senior Crown Prosecutor James Steel - Ben Daniels (Series 1-4)
- Senior Crown Prosecutor Jacob Thorne - Dominic Rowan (Series 5-8)
- Junior Crown Prosecutor Alesha Phillips - Freema Agyeman (Series 1-6)
- Junior Crown Prosecutor Kate Barker - Georgia Taylor (Series 7-8)
- Director of Crown Prosecution Service London George Castle - Bill Paterson (Series 1-4)
- Director of Crown Prosecution Service London Henry Sharpe - Peter Davison (Series 5-8)
The following weapons were used in the television series Law & Order: UK:
Heckler & Kock MP5A3
MPS armed police officers are armed with Heckler & Koch MP5A3 with weapon lights and EOTech optics.
CZ 75 "Pre-B"
A Makarov PM is the murder weapon in "Survivor" (S03E05) and is found with two schoolgirls. It is described as a "Baikal" (or rather, a BAY-kel by everyone at MPS) gas pistol converted to fire real rounds. (Converted Baikal IZH-79 gas pistols are apparently quite popular with British criminals.) In the original version, "Punk" (S09E08), the murder weapon was a Glock 19.
Rifles / Carbines
A gate guard is armed with an L85A1 in "Shaken" (S04E03). The bolt handle looks a bit flimsy, so it might be replica or an Airsoft.
Armed police officers are armed with X26 Taser in "Defence" (S03E03).