Please help ID
- It says "Z-M Weapons" on the upper receiver in the first pic, so it is probably a Z-M LR 300 with the stock removed --Warejaws (talk) 06:56, 11 November 2015 (EST)
- In the trailer there is what appears to be a cobbled together version of the time machine, so best guess is that they jump forward from the 80s to present day like in the Sarah Conner Chronicles. You also see that version of the Terminator with longer grey hair in the trailer, which is either from him in the present day (assuming that just Sarah and Kyle make the jump), or it is actually an old human that the template is based on but I am more inclined to think the former. I think therefore there are four different time periods: 60s where the Terminator rescues young SC, 80s from the original film, present(ish) day after the time jump, and the future. Speaking of the scene from the 60's where the Terminator is carrying the child SC, he is carrying what appears to be a Carl Gustav Recoilless Rifle. --commando552 (talk) 19:18, 5 December 2014 (EST)
- Apparently the EARLIER time jumps completely changed the world as we knew it. This is an alternate timeline. Thus anything could have happened. Now that they changed history all the way from the 1960s, many weapons which were just design ideas at the time, could have been instituted earlier. Time travel and history 'changing' is probably the ONLY time anachronisms can still be explained and fit in to the story. ;) But then this is just conjecture on my part and should be regarded as such. MoviePropMaster2008 (talk) 17:24, 15 February 2015 (EST)
I saw a scene where Sarah confronted the T-1000 disguised as Kyle. Her MP5K had a PDW stock and that scene was set in 1984. I can't remember but isn't the PDW stock not developed for at least another decade? Dangerman1973 (talk) 21:52, 1 July 2015 (EDT)
IMHO all this talk about anachronisms is no longer relevant, since the movie explains that the timeline was changed back when Sarah was a little girl. The entire timeline was changed in (1969) (not sure of the year or at least early 1970s) when more terminators were sent even EARLIER to kill her and her family. When this happened, ALL of human history was changed. Every one of those weapons advancements just happened earlier in their alternate time line :D MoviePropMaster2008 (talk) 17:16, 12 July 2015 (EDT)
- No it doesn't, only Sarah's timeline was changed, not the world's... Mr. Wolf (talk) 22:14, 12 November 2015 (EST)
Couldn't fit the justification in the edit box so will put it here: That launcher is not a Redeye but rather the later Stinger (or a convincing mock-up) for the following reasons:
- The sighting unit on the Redeye is slightly simpler looking being more of a solid box which is inline with the pivot point (example). On the Stinger the sight is offset on slanted brackets where it meets the rest of the launcher, and it is also more complicated in shape looking like there is stuff hanging under it (example), just like as seen in the cap.
- The movies launcher has the IFF antenna which was used on the Stinger and not the Redeye (the wire cage looking thing above the tube opposite the sight). Granted this is easily (and commonly) faked, so this is not deffinitive by itself.
- The bottom of the fire control unit appears to be squared off like on a Stinger, as opposed to on the Redeye where this is semi-circular.
- Both launchers have what is called an un-caging switch (this unlock the gyro-stabilised seeker in the missile allowing it to track the target by itself after a target is found and get a better lock, and also to keep a lock whilst applying lead and super-elevation) which takes the form of a rectangular rubber pad on the left side of the fire control unit. On the original Redeye this was long, mounted in the middle and relatively high, as opposed to on the Stinger where it was smaller and mounted on the extreme bottom front corner. It's had to tell for sure due to the lighting and the fact that the launcher has been slightly dressed up, but it appears that the switch is in the Stinger position.
From some promo images that have been release, it appears that the future weapons are actually modified real guns:
Both of them are AK type guns, Jason Clarke's appears to be an AKS-74U type (based on the mag well dimple and the top of the AKS-74U/AKMSU style front sight being visible, whilst Matt Smith's looks like a Galil MAR based on the distinctive rear sight. --commando552 (talk) 19:52, 5 December 2014 (EST)
Seen in the Movie
I just saw the movie and here are some of the weapons that I could make out.
Sig P226R E2
Z-M LR 300ML
Keltec KSG with a C-More Sight
M32A1 grenade launcher
M2 .50 caliber MG -cosmetically modified
Just saw the movie myself, and can confirm some of the weapons. Kyle uses a P226 E2, Glock 17, Revolver that may be a Smith & Wesson Model 15 or a Colt Trooper, i didn't get a good look. He also uses the Kel-Tec KSG and Colt M4's. Sarah uses a Desert Eagle, which we saw in the trailer, Browning Hi Power, P226 E2. They both also use the Remington Model 1100. Not sure if i should add any of this now or wait till we can get the screen caps. --Bauer2121 (talk) 16:31, 5 July 2015 (EDT)
- Looks like a giant prop mock up of a Smith and Wesson revolver, my guess is non firing. --RedRobinAlpha (talk) 22:25, 19 July 2015 (GMT)
- Here's the first video on Facebook since the article's gone for some reason: 
If you compare the two, both have the can-shaped thingy below the main tube, and a rectangular protrusion on the side. The Stinger has a box-like structure beneath the main tube. (Please excuse the super technical jargon.) --Funkychinaman (talk) 16:08, 12 November 2015 (EST)
- By comparing the two pics, I think it still looks like a Stinger with the IFF antenna missing. What look likes the BCU is seen. --Ben41 (talk) 15:32, 12 November 2015 (EST)
Sarah pulls it out of a hidden compartment in the truck they're in during 1984, and later holds it on Kyle when he takes the chip they plan to use to power the time machine --Bauer2121 (talk) 16:06, 12 November 2015 (EST)
I think it's two different guns. For one, the Remington 1100 is snapped over the terminator's face during their fight and the screenshots that follow are a different gun, possibly a Benelli M3. You can check IMDB for official screenshots.--Thomas (talk) 00:06, 7 December 2016 (EST)