I was wondering whether we should refer to the MSBS as the "Radon". As far as I know, it was a name that won a contest hosted by a Polish magazine (can't remember which), but the creators of the rifle never referred to it as such. Officially it's still the "MSBS 5,56", with Radon being a fan-made nickname. Tanaj (talk) 09:51, 20 March 2014 (EDT)
- It was "Strzal" magazine. You're right - "Radon" is not an official name for MSBS (though the contest was held with cooperation from FB Radom). Most gun magazines/portals, and FB themselves, refer to the gun as "MSBS-5,56K/B/R". "K" stays for "kolba" (stock) or "konwencjonalny" (conventional), "B" is for "bezkolbowy" (stock-less - bullpup) and "R" for "reprezentacyjny" (representational - variant for our honor guard). To add a bit of spice the 16" barrel variant of MSBS-5,56K is developed under military-funded program "MSBS", while short-barreled variant, LMG, DMR and MSBS-5,56B variants are developed under "MSBS-5,56 RAWAT" program funded by our Ministry of Science. "RAWAT" is made from words "Radom" (city of manufacturer) and "WAT" (Military Institute of Technology in Warsaw). MSBS-5,56R was private initiative of FB Radom and (oh irony!) have biggest chances to be actually fielded (our honor guards use 50 years old SKS rifles). Chris22lr (talk) 16:04, 27 August 2014 (EDT)
Also appear in Crossfire
- You can find Upload file in toolbox at the bottom left. IMFDB Style Guide contain useful advices on editing pages. Greg-Z (talk) 07:00, 10 November 2016 (EST)
Differences between MSBS and ACR
- Internally speaking, the ACR is akin to an AR-15 while the Radon is similar to a G36, they just happen to look almost the same but one can notice the various external parts, the MSBS has a different takedown lever and placement of screws AND charging handle (ACR = on the handguard, MSBS = on the reciever).--Death Shadow20 (talk) 08:30, 9 December 2016 (EST)
Call of Duty's MSBS
- you should probably post this on the CoD Chosts page and note here.--AnActualAK47 (talk) 11:01, 14 December 2016 (EST)
- No, here at IMFDB we only allow Fox only, no items, Final Destination. Evil Tim (talk) 17:30, 14 December 2016 (EST)
Over complicated name...
Not only the name changed from "Radon" to "GROT", but got a over-complicated designation sistem: C,R,B : classic,representative or bullpup 10,16,20 : barrel lenght G,M,PS: if is configurated as "grenadier",IAR or marksman rifle. FB: name of manufacturer Mx : x stands for number of series.
So in this case the name of standard MSBS-K become C16FB-M1.