Talk:Sons of Anarchy
Thanks for the spoilers all over this page assholes. I came here having seen every episode except for the last one of season 2, thinking there'd be no reason for any spoilers of that particular episode here, I mean what would be the point. What possible purpose is there of spoiling one of the finales on a gun documentation website. But no, once again imfdb proves it's made up of the best and brightest minds of our generation. And what is with the moronic commentary all over the page? I want to know what guns the characters used, not hear your shitty opinions on things.
- Well I'm sorry something got ruined for you. While I watch the show, I've never done any major work on the page, maybe minor edits. I'll see about removing the spoilers (which aren't allowed unless absolutely necessary) and dumb comments. --Predator20 19:32, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
- I understand your frustration, but please understand that IMFDB has a "no spoilers" policy (it IS in our rules). The reason those spoilers are on this page is because some anonymous user (like yourself) added those in without reading the rules first, and we didn't notice. There aren't enough Administrators on this site to monitor every page at all times, or the hundreds of edits made every day; we rely on the members to help enforce our rules. So I'd appreciate it if you refrained from acting as though "IMFDB" is responsible for the work of a particular anonymous user or users, especially if you're going to express your frustration with a profanity-laced tirade. It reduces any sympathy I might have had for your grievances. -MT2008 22:46, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
Could one of you guys that knows how to screencap good pics really well post some pictures on here. That'd be nice.
- Im gonna buy the season 1 dvd when i can, but you need to change the code for the pics from right to none. it'll make the page all pretty. The Winchester
Has anyone bought the season one DVD of this kick-ass show yet? Can't wait to see all the cool screenshots some of you come up with. Hope to see 'em on here soon.
On 10/13/2009, Jax is seen using what appears to be a customized M1911A1 in a shoulder rig. Does anybody know if this has become Jax's new weapon of choice?
- I have the first season so, if you want, I can cap as much as I can when I can as long as someone else takes care of the layout. Additionally, I do not think the .45 is Jax's new standard. Like most of the characters he seems to use whatever is handy and since SAMCRO has access to quite an extensive selection. Charon68
- Am working on capping as much as I can of season 1 and 2...if someone wants to organize them just give me a shout --Charon68 22:19, 1 November 2009 (UTC)
I think the custom 1911 we saw Jax carrying in the episode where he searched Weston's house is his new primary sidearm because it was also seen in the latest episode when he tells Clay to put a bullet in the back of his head.- ArmoredMason619
This are just the first caps. More will be forthcoming. --Charon68 15:33, 7 November 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for the kick ass screen caps man. I been waiting awhile for someone to put em up for my favorite show. Hope to see more!- ArmoredMason619
Added more caps and, in my own anal retentive tradition, organized the weapons by class and alphabetically. Got a few more on the way. --Charon68 11:05, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
Real nice job with the page man. It looks good and some good screencaps too.- ArmoredMason619
Anyone know what kind of guns Happy carries?
In the episode where Devil's Tribe crosses over he pulls two service size Glocks out of his vest.GaBoy45 19:03, 10 April 2010 (UTC)
I don't know what episode this is from, but he's certainly not holding a Glock. Between the sites and upper slide, I'm left with 1911, BHP, or something else...but certainly no tuperware. Which episode is this? It was in Fa Gaun
I have reason to believe it is a EAA Witness P 45
I think I saw exposed hammers on those two. Any other guess?
I stated that in the episode where the Devil's Tribe was patched over, Season 1 episode 4, Happy used two fullsize Glocks. The picture is from season 2. The picture is probably a 1911 of some sort.GaBoy45 00:43, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
Judging from the sights and from pictures on Happys face book page this is my bet http://tgscom.com/images/sharedimages/GunSourceFrontPage/Images/EAA/EAApistol.jpg
I removed the unidentified .357 from this page. I watched the episode over and over and my best cap allowed no clear identification of the weapon other than it may have had ivory grips and also the fact that it is never really seen clearly again but...you can be the judge. --Charon68 19:24, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
Looks a little like a Smith and Wesson k/l frame, short barrel revolver. Check it out, and hopefully you can find the right one. Cheers. - Mcain
The 1911 in SOA - most always used by Jax Teller in the second season - is in fact, a Springfield Armory 1911. I believe it to be either modified Mil Spec with Novak Sights, beavertail, flared magwell/MSH, etc, OR more likely, a Springfield Professional (judging by the slanted 'CUSTOM' stamp front right). 12:24, 1 December 2009 - MCain
I just made a few spelling corrections, putting SIG into upper case letters and the odd minor spelling mistake that I noticed. --cool-breeze 19:27, 5 July 2011 (CDT)
Anyone know what happened to Jaxs Glock?
I am going to assume they issued him the .45 to give him something distinctive like Clay's USP or Bobby's S&W the Glock being a little more generic than the .45. --Charon68 00:39, 5 December 2009 (UTC)
Guns from the Finale
In S02EP13, agent Stahl is seen using a black on black Kahr PM9 (not the CW9)after shooting Edmond Hayes.
You will also see Polly Zobelle running what looks like a Smith and Wesson 3913, in the same scene.
Also look for Cameron Hayes when he holds up Halfsac and Tara with a Sig 226(R) or 220. - Mcain
There were also a lot of Shotguns.
Jaxs season 3 gun
If they follow what they did last season they are most likely going to give a new gun. Any predictions? Also do you think they are going to get rid of his 45?
Moved from front page
It could very well be a Springfield but I could not quite make out the markings. Any assist would be much appreciated. --Charon68 09:27, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
I believe that its a modified Springfield/Colt M1911A1 the reason for this is because it could very likely be Jax's fathers service pistol from when he was in the military during Vietnam.
In a few of the last episodes of season 2 you can clearly seeit is marked Kimber. It looks like it may be a Kimber Royal II 45 ACP ;)
Sorry but in the last few episodes, specifically the episode when Jax goes into Weston's house only to find his children, you can see the markings on the 1911 very clearly. The marking on the back of the slide is that of a Springfield Armory. The marking on the font of the slide, if you're a Springfield fan, you can tell that it says Springfield Custom. Jax uses a Springfield Armory Professional Model 1911-A1 Springfeild Custom. Springfield uses clear lettering on their pistols whereas Kimber uses custom cursive, kind of italic.
FRom the Looks of it, i think its a Springfield Armory Professional Model 1911-A1 Springfeild Custom. I can tell you that its not Jax's Dads Service Pistol form Vietnam because of the sights on the weapon.
it's very clearly a Springfield Armory Professional Model 1911-A1 the address... http://airbornecombatengineer.typepad.com/photos/weapons_fireams/springfieldarmoryprofessional45.jpg
again as i say its possible that is john tellers service pistol considering springfield suppilied the goverment with 45s during vietnam
To whoever is saying that it could be John Tellers service pistol you are dead wrong. And even more wrong about Springfield supplying firearms to the govt in the VN war. Springfield Armory, Inc. didn't exist in any capacity until 1974. That style of 1911 wasn't popular until at earliest the mid 90s and Professional model 1911s are custom built, you can not send them a gun and have it turned into a professional model.Ranger01 14:38, 20 March 2010 (UTC)
Springfield Armory has been around long before '74; however, it was not the company that it is today. Though circulation was one of the lowest - along with US&S - the Springfields were around. In the case of Jaxs, it is agreeably a SA Professional straight from the Custom Shop. Same features, along with the 'CUSTOM' rollmark posted front-right. Great weapon choices for the characters -- I especially loved Clay's Expert.
The Springfield Armory has been around since 1777. Production stopped in 1968 and it was converted to a museum and National Park. Prior to its closure it made Springfield rifles like the M1 Garand. They never made 1911 style pistols. The did however service them and maintain them. They also tested and "proofed" them. Most of the 1911 pistols used by the military prior to WW2 were made by Colt. After WW2 most were made by a company named Remington Rand with some made by Colt and other smaller companies. I work very close to the Armory Museum and visit it often. The current Springfield Armory purchased the name rights in the 1970's and purchased the rights originally for just the M1 rifle designs. They import the components for the 1911 pistols from parts manufactured by a Brazillian company called Imbel. One interesting thing about the current company is that one of the original gunsmiths in the SA custom shop was Les Baer who makes, IMHO, one of the best semi custom 1911 pistols on the market today. None of this has anything to do with Jax's 1911. --Ram229 09:38, 15 November 2011 (CST)
Season 3 trailer
Just saw it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmuLQVetvyg Anyone care to screencap?
Season3 so far.
Can anyone please update this page for season 3?
- I could but, frankly, there is not much new so far. Maybe a few new weapons but nothing major thus far. --Charon68 22:36, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
We really do need to update this page.
If no one minds I will cap the current season when it ends. I just find it easier to do it all in one shot. --Charon68 21:56, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
Good to know. SAMBAMA
Evils (Possible) Smith
Look at the image below, this could very possibly me a Smith 6909, like shown. But there is something about the shape of the slide and possibly the size, that leads me to think otherwise. Also, the writing on the slide is much thicker, Possibly a different producer of the same model. Any-one else?--Jackie.45Cal 22:10, 1 October 2010 (UTC)
I'm thinking more along the lines of a S&W CS9 (Chief Special 9mm)...??
Looks more like a 3913 Tactical to me. Notice the writing on the side of the slide and the round trigger guard in the screen cap. Looks like this one to me.
[IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/ram229/3913.jpg[/IMG] --Ram229 23:49, 17 November 2011 (CST)
Hell Followed arsenal
Anyone know what guns that were on the table?
The only ones I could make out with any degree of certainty was a pair of Mini Uzi's. Opie was handling what looked like a Mossberg 590 or 500 with ghost ring sights.GaBoy45 13:03, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
The season will be over soon so I can start capping things. As an FYI I can tell you that, among other weapons making an appearance this season are HK MP-5Ks (both the standard and PDW version, HK-91/G3s and M-249 SAWs. Be another week or two but I will have them up ASAP. --Charon68 23:54, 20 November 2010 (UTC)
Good luck and be sure to througroly cap it. Also can we please update this page and organise it?
The guns they deal
Besides the Aks, what other guns do they deal?--SAMBAMA 19:08, 4 December 2010 (UTC)
Glocks and M4's on pilot.--Spades of Columbia 19:41, 4 December 2010 (UTC)
Ok, anything else?--SAMBAMA 21:43, 4 December 2010 (UTC)
1911's in the bikerolls that they run through Cali. --188.8.131.52 01:57, 5 December 2010 (UTC)
Ok. There were also in the last episode KG-9s, what appeared to be Mossberg M500s, MAC-10s, Remington M870s, and in Patch Over Mossberg M590s.--SAMBAMA 03:27, 5 December 2010 (UTC)
There were also MP-5s, also I have another question, how come they only sold M4s in the Pilot and sold AKs in the rest of the series?--SAMBAMA 03:55, 5 December 2010 (UTC)
Well the M4s were a custom order from the Niners. The shipments they were getting from the Irish were all AK's so thats what they had to deal. The MP-5's were what the Triads were importing. I would say that they were also dealing Mac-10s also because they had some of those in the warehouse that blew up. GaBoy45 00:53, 13 December 2010 (UTC)
- I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but wouldn't reading the page answer this question? -MT2008 15:18, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
Generally yes...but...since this is a show with dialogue...the characters might have talked in script about guns they are dealing...without actually showing the firearms they are dealing. This site only displays the guns that are actually shown and used in the viewing.--Spades of Columbia 16:53, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
Well, in season 4, they show a selection of guns they're dealing to the Cartel, and Jax lists each one by name. So in season 4, they're dealing AR-15s, SIG SG 551s, KG-9's, and Glock 17s. DKS01 17:07, 21 September 2011 (CDT)
They are also dealing FN-57s as well.
- The rifles that Jax refers to as "SIG 551s" in Episode 2 are actually 552s (the barrels are too short for 551s), so that's a mistake on the part of the writers (or maybe the armorer just brought different guns to the set than were specified in the script). Although in tonight's episode, Jax himself used an SG 551. Also, the guns that Jax calls "AR-15s" are actually full-auto M16s. -MT2008 23:15, 15 November 2011 (CST)
Does anyone know if AJ Weston is ever seen with a gun? I'm sure he must have used one at some point, but I can't recall. Westernman1987 10:17, 8 February 2011
- He used a SIG Pro SP2022 when he shot the immigrant workers in the season finale. -MT2008 23:18, 15 November 2011 (CST)
Season 3 Update
When is this page going to be updated for S3?--SAMBAMA 08:42, 30 May 2011 (CDT)
-- I try to update this page, as fast as possible --Swagher 01:28pm, 14 Nov 2011 (UTC)
Splitting into seasons
I am going to start a new page for Season 4. This page is sadly lacking in quality (and I know that I have no right to complain without having done much work myself), but I am going to insist that we start splitting it up because of the sheer number of guns that have been on the past 4 seasons of the show. -MT2008 14:21, 4 January 2012 (CST)
- Is that necessary? There's been a lot of guns on the show, but when a lot of them are the same MODELS of guns it doesn't mean the page itself would be that big. I mean, yeah, a lot of characters carry guns, but when half those guns turn out to all be Glock 17's or whatever, it doesn't really warrant splitting the show into seperate pages I don't think. I mean a larger *variety* of guns appears in Kick-ass and Underworld, yet those pages didn't need to be divided up... DKS01 14:39, 4 January 2012 (CST)
- I have addressed this argument many times. The issue is not that the same models of guns get reused, but rather that multiple characters/actors handle them across seasons, so trying to document them all would make the pages too large. Not to mention that there are lots of variations of the same gun (i.e. blued vs. nickel SIGs or 191s). So, thank you for your input, but I already went ahead and gave Season 4 its own page. -MT2008 18:37, 4 January 2012 (CST)
- And the point of this site has never been to document every single instance of the SAME GUN in a series or movie, it's been to identify guns. If 20 dudes wield a Glock 17, you don't need pictures of each of the 20 dudes holding the Glock. Giving season 4 it's own page is unnecessary and pointless, and I encourage anyone adding guns for season 4 to add them here where they belong. DKS01 23:03, 4 January 2012 (CST)
- Yes, in fact, if 20 "dudes" who have IMFDB actor pages have handled a particular gun, we try to document it. Our goal is to document which actors have used what guns in whatever movie/TV series, not just the presence of the firearm in the show. Anyway, you're basically asking our members not to do something that we already agreed to do a long time ago. You can't encourage everyone to ignore the rule now that it exists. When a show has run for more than two seasons and guns are a major part of the plot, it gets split into seasons. Sorry, but it's policy, not an option. -MT2008 16:53, 2 April 2012 (CDT)
- Yeah, you document those 20 dudes on THEIR OWN ACTOR PAGES. You don't document each of the 20 dudes on the SHOW OR MOVIE PAGE. If some movie has 20 gang bangers holding Glocks, each individual gang member doesn't have his picture with the gun posted on the movie page. Now, if any of the guys who played the 20 gang bangers have their own pages, you document each of them as using said Glock in said movie on their actor page. As for this "policy" business, why is this (edited) stupid "policy" not enforced on like, oh, most of the shows on this site? I'm not encouraging people to ignore a "rule", I'm encouraging people to do WHAT THEY ALREADY (edited) DO FOR THE MAJORITY OF THIS SITE. DKS01 03:10, 3 April 2012 (CDT)
- First of all, you are (A.) talking disrespectfully to one of the site's Administrators who is merely enforcing rules that were agreed upon, and (B.) using profanity on the main site (which is also something we've since agreed not to do). Please refrain from both. Second, no, we do not only document which actors used the weapons ONLY on their actor pages. Obviously, if it's just extras (which would characterize the scenario you described), then we don't want to do that - and most of said actors would probably not have actor pages, anyway. But if it's a TV show where most of the main cast and a number of guest stars have used the gun, it's much easier to split into seasons. The Sopranos is a very good example of what happens in such scenarios. Anyway, it's all moot because we have already agreed that we will split shows into seasons from now on. Obviously, it hasn't been done for all TV pages yet, but it's something we are setting out to do. It's a rule now, and you cannot openly defy admins and encourage people to break the rules. -MT2008 08:33, 3 April 2012 (CDT)