Samozaryadnyy Okhotnichiy Karabin, obrazets 1994 goda «Vepr» (Self-loading Hunting Carbine, model 1994 - "Wild Boar") is a series of Russian semi-automatic hunting rifles based on the RPK light machine gun and produced by Molot-Oruzhie from 1994.
The Vepr I was based on the RPK and had a heavier receiver and a thicker barrel than the surplus AK rifles. It also had the original offset adjustable notch-and-post iron sights that could be dialed from 50 to 1,000 meters and adjusted for windage. It was designed to take proprietary polymer magazines rather than surplus Milspec or commercial Saiga-type models.
The Vepr II was an improved version created for Wolf Performance Arms in 2012. It had a phosphated finish, higher-quality machining, and a hammer-forged barrel. It also had a redesigned spring-loaded firing pin and redesigned notch-and-post iron sights. The hooded blade front sight was moved from the end of the barrel to in front of the gas block. The notch rear sight at the front of the receiver is a flip-up version calibrated for either 100 or 300 meters. The russet-colored polymer magazines were repainted black to match the new darker finish. Left-handed thumbhole stocks were available by special order.
The American government placed a ban on their direct importation from July, 2014 due to the political situation with Russia. This was expanded on June 19, 2017 by a specific Treasury Department ban on the importation of Molot firearms for their knowing involvement in a scheme to use their company as a front for Kalashnikov Concern arms sales.
(1994 - Present)
- Type: Rifle
- Calibers: 7.62x39mm, 5.45x39mm, .223 Remington/5.56x45mm NATO, .308 Winchester/7.62x51mm NATO, .243 Winchester, 7.62x54mmR, .30-06 Springfield, 6.5x39mm Grendel. There were a few early models of the Vepr SUPER (VPRS) offered in .222 Remington and .35 Remington. There is also a "paradox" model chambered in .366TKM.
- Weight: 9.5 lbs (4.3 kg)
- Length: 36.8 in (93.5 cm)
- Barrel length: 16.5 in (42 cm)
- Capacity: 3, 5, 7, 10, 30 round magazine
- Fire Modes: Semi-Auto
|How I Ended This Summer||Sergei Puskepalis||Sergei Gulybin||SOK-94 Vepr||2010|
|The Old Man (Shal)||Poacher||SOK-94 Vepr||2012|
|The Punisher||7.62mm Assault Rifle||select fire (semi-auto or 3-round burst)||Robinson Arms Vepr-K||2005|
|Escape from Tarkov||Vepr Hunter/VPO-101 7.62x51 carbine||5 and 10-round mags, Dovetail mount, TT01 Rearsight Weaver Adapter, Rotor 43 muzzle brake, SVD style stock|| VPO-101
added in the v0.11.7.2979 patch (2019)
- Molot-Oruzhie - A list of all firearms manufactured by Molot-Oruzhie.
- Saiga rifle series, similar Russian AK-based civilian rifle series