Welcome to IMFDB
Before you do any editing please take the time to read the Rules, Standards and Principles. This is a very important document that explains how this website is setup as well as telling you what is and isn't allowed. If it is determined by an admin that you have not read these rules, your account will be suspended. Continued non-compliance may result in a permanent ban. After that you should also read the IMFDB Screencapping Guide and the IMFDB Style Guide to familiarize yourself with the image and formatting requirements for pages you create.
There are a number of pages that desperately need your help. You can find these Incomplete pages here.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them here but make sure to sign your post by typing --~~~~.
Finally, IMFDB has a forum set up here that is only available to registered members. There is lots of good stuff to see there. If you would like to join the forum, please post HERE and an account will be created for you.
Hello there. I noticed that you identified the Alpha AK in Sandstorm as MDC Project Alpha AK. However, when I was checking what MDC Project Alpha AK is about, I don't think that the in-game Alpha AK is from the MDC considering the "Alpha AK" is an umbrella term of modified AK configured & used by Russian Alpha Group, while the in-game gun model has markings "PATENTED U.S.A. MADE" on the dust cover & "Model AK-104-A CAL 7.62x39" on the receiver. Also, the gun image of it was taken by Vickers himself when he was visiting Russia to meet Russian Alpha Group operators which can be checked here. AgentHotel (talk) 09:50, 17 February 2020 (EST)
Please don't add gun images unless they are needed for actual pages. This is Internet Movie Firearms Database, not a base for all firearms of the world. Lists of firearms are only auxiliary materials and not the goal of the site. Thanks. --Greg-Z (talk) 02:53, 24 April 2020 (EDT)
World of Guns: Gun Disassembly
Hey, I see that you've been working on World of Guns: Gun Disassembly; I also have this game (and the unlock all guns DLC), though currently I'm busy with the Firearms Source project. If you need any extra help with the page just give me a holler. --Wuzh (talk) 06:46, 15 June 2020 (EDT)
- Oh, that's great, since I almost made all the free weapons that I had. --Pustelga7 (talk) 15 June 2020
One more thing, you shouldn’t put links to the WoG talk page for the gun pages. You should always link to main pages and not talk pages. You should complete as much of the WoG page as possible, move the draft to main, and then put links on the gun pages.--Wuzh (talk) 21:44, 23 June 2020 (EDT)
Replacing existing gun images
You added the incomplete tag to Reef Break. Actually that page is complete. The series only ran one season and every gun from each episode is listed. MoviePropMaster2008 (talk) 04:18, 23 December 2020 (EST)
- I thought so because of the short description, for example "Various characters use...". If this was originally intended, then I apologize --Pustelga7 (talk) 23 December 2020
RE: User sandbox
As far as I know, there's no particular limit as long as it's only on your sandbox page. Although ideally, if you're gonna add a lot of weapon sections in it, I suppose it's best for the limit (of screenshots per weapon) to be approximately the same as the regular media pages, to avoid taking up too much server space. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 15:28, 8 February 2021 (EST)
I notice that you recently claimed the PM in Tarkov is modeled off an airsoft gun, and were confused when someone reverted it; generally, if you want to make a claim like that, you should provide some evidence/reasoning. What about the in-game Makarov makes it look more like an airsoft gun than a real one? I mean, it has modeled internals and everything. Pyr0m4n14c (talk) 13:13, 14 March 2021 (EDT)
- Ok, my bad. Information about the validity of the identification of the gun was taken from the official Russian Tarkov forum. I leave all the links here. I will also add notes about this to the Tarkov page. Thanks
- P.S. I'm not sure if it is possible to leave a link to a specific message, but just in case, the necessary message at the end of the page. Pustelga7 (talk) 07:39, 15 March 2021 (EDT)
Hunting Weapons Pack AR-15
The Walking Dead Season 11
- I don't remember exactly whose account it was, but I still have an image in one of the social networks. I'll add this to the Season 11 discussion. Pustelga7 (talk) 13:34, 27 July 2021 (EDT)
- I found the IG of the stuntman, could you give me the link to the post where he confirms the gun? ig: https://www.instagram.com/hondo.meraz/ Insert name here (talk) 14:45, 29 July 2021 (EDT)
Re: Screenshot tag for promo photos
Well, the problem is that we have no special category for promo images. Behind the Scenes Image category is different, it contains the images of the filming, or of the film armorers with guns and so on. So I generally tag all promos as screenshots, in the absence of a more suitable. Maybe it would make sense to create a separate category for this case but this issue need a broad discussion, not a strong-willed decision of one person, even an administrator. If the vote would be to add such category, I see no problem to re-tag these ones. As for now, OK, I may just leave promos uncategorised, it's not a problem. Anyway, categorising of each and every image on out site (which I think is necessary to keep things in order) will take a veeeery long time. :) --Greg-Z (talk) 12:14, 24 December 2021 (EST)
- I think this is a useful and necessary category, but it will take a lot of effort to find all the previously uploaded promo photos. Pustelga7 (talk) 12:40, 24 December 2021 (EST)
Moon Knight - Please crop your screenshots
- I didn't do it just because these are screenshots from the trailer, which will be replaced by actual screenshots from the series anyway. Pustelga7 (talk) 03:14, 20 January 2022 (EST)
Hello! Excuse me, I have some question: is the nessessary to remove & delete this two images of MP38? Yes, both images isn't a good quality, but, the remains one show only one side of the gun. I guess, that at least one image, that show another side of the gun is nessessary, as the gun, that appeared in the media may be seen only from those side. Pyramid Silent (talk) 16:07, 27 January 2022 (EST)
- Yes, I decided to do a little cleaning of unnecessary images, which have accumulated quite a lot (photos with different mods, etc.). Based on other pages, I can say that the situation with two images from different sides is not common and therefore I think this is not necessary. But if you want to leave it, fine, let's leave it. Pustelga7 (talk) 16:34, 27 January 2022 (EST)
I ask you to suspend the marking of gun images for deletion. We need to consider each case. Even if an image isn't used on any page, it still may be useful for the purpose of identifying. Thanks for understanding.--Greg-Z (talk) 10:40, 29 January 2022 (EST)
Re: Flintlock Pistol ID
You made a mess on the site. If you already edit something, sort everything alphabetically. For example. Why did you change the name for (Bergmann MP18 / I) Previously I had it done to MP18 / I Bergman which is also correct, considering the rest of the weapon names on the site. Why did you remove the direct redirect to the given model? In some cases, it redirects to the main page instead of the weapon model, which is wrong. Here is one example. Enlisted # Dyakonov_Grenade_Launcher. Mosin in this case has no reference. Please make changes wisely. How do you change the name of a given weapon. Then sort it alphabetically. Thanks in advance for your help with the site.
An example of a bad redirection is M2 carbine. If you click on the link, you will be redirected to the main page instead of the Model M2. please fix it.
- I used those designations that are considered common for the site (for example, carcano m91). As for m2, this is the problem of a broken redirect: after adding m2a1, the title of this section was not changed. You don't need to specify such a detailed link, like MP40#MP40|MP40, a simple model name is enough. I'll double-check the links and arrange them alphabetically later. Pustelga7 (talk) 06:11, 21 February 2022 (EST)
Black Widow deleted
- This is not necessary if the weapon appears in only one episode, which is ALREADY indicated in the description. Pustelga7 (talk) 12:57, 13 April 2022 (EDT)
"How to move the page without creating a redirect?"
Regarding your question: alas, it's impossible. The checkbox "Leave a redirect behind" is available only to admins. For other users, the redirect is left automatically. --Greg-Z (talk) 14:39, 24 May 2022 (EDT)
Thank you for moving that page!
RE: H3VR Spoilers
Yeah, it's still a spoiler - the specific weapon being added isn't mentioned in the day's patch notes, since it's set up as an advent calendar; some people can't play it every day/early in the day, so seeing it beforehand kinda spoils the surprise. Plus, Word of Dev says that they're spoilers - official boards for the game specifically prohibit posting the guns added that week without proper spoiler-tags, so I'd figure we should stick to the same standard. Pyr0m4n14c (talk) 19:36, 1 December 2022 (UTC)