Talk:Lock 'n Load With R. Lee Ermey
This on the run documentation is kicking my ass. My internet crapped for a second too, which was very inconveniant. Commercials help much for me. Episode one is almost done, then I do Episode two. Then after I finish, I'll give the page proper formating touch ups. - Gunmaster45
- I guess episode two is ALL field artillery, which I don't document. I don't know it well enough anyway. I'll rewatch episode 1 at 1:00 to double check my work. - Gunmaster45
- I have the first episode of Lock N Load, but I like to tell you Gunmaster that if you see 5 M16A1 throughout this series, you put all the caps in on section not make 5 different sections like you did for Mail Call. I was looking through that and I lost count how many times I saw M1 Garand. Excalibur01 04:10, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- I will definately buy this on DVD whenever. - Gunmaster45
It's The KING!!!!!!
Say hello to the king of imfdb. See Right now Mail Call is on 98 It's been two episodes and it's already half way to beating that 3 more episodes and it could be the king. Drjuki 18:26, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- Well it is a show pretty much about just gun and other munitions-S&Wshooter 01:34, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- Mail Call's not really on 98 since I repeated lots of guns in seasons, so in reality this show's probably beat it by now anyway. But this show is all guns anyway, so it's no surprise. It was foolish of me to ever make a competition out of page making, so let's stop that king crap right now. I'll scour the Earth for this show on DVD though, I really wouldn't mind doing it. - Gunmaster45
- Alright, when I have a LOT of time, I'll do the caps. I have all the episodes SO FAR! Excalibur01 05:06, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- An update on what I want to do here. I have the latest episode, but I'm just being a bit lazy to cap all of them. It's a lot of guns. Excalibur01 17:13, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
- When they show the Glock 18C shooting in slo-mo, it looks like its about to fall apart in Gunny's hand-S&Wshooter 01:38, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
Rearrange page to categorize by type of gun? Or keep it the way it is? User: Ben41
If someone has the patience to do that, go ahead. I've had to rewatch 3 episodes of the Gunny loving the sound of his voice to get these caps. Excalibur01 02:21, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
The Gold Cup?
- I know it says there was a box showing the name of the gun. But I cannot see said box in the screencaps. So I am wondering how it was identified as such. Just going form what's in the 'cap, it's lacking the sight rib (characteristic of the Gold Cup), has aftermarket trigger, rear sight, and has forward side serrations, ambidextrous safety, and lacks the guide rod under the barrel. Not saying it isn't possible those are mods done to a Gold Cup, but going from what's in the cap I couldn't positively Identify it as such. Not saying anyone's wrong, but it defeats the purpose if you say there's a box identifying the gun if you don't show the box don't you think?RedJedRevolver 22:26, 24 November 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, looks alot like a Kimber Custom II to me - Nyles
- Actually, it looks more like a new model MEU-SOC
- Yeah, looks alot like a Kimber Custom II to me - Nyles
http://www.berryhillguns.com/images/stories/meusoc_new/meusoc5.jpg --Jan 01:04, 27 September 2010 (UTC)
I took the liberty of editing it. It was originally classified as 500. A decent look at the mag tube end-cap shows it's a 590.
In all fairness, I'm sure this page was exhausting to set up though. But no one can do it all, so I try to help where I can. Great job on the page in any case. ;) StanTheMan 03:59, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
Does anyone happen to have any good stills of the rings Mike Tristano wears while he's on the show?
M1 Garand Picture
Just thought I should let everyone know I changed the picture of the M1 Garand because R. Lee Ermey definately didn't use a Tanker Garand. Feel free to change it back if necessary. Chris_Hun7er 02:39, 30 April 2010 (UTC)
- I don't see how it's a Tanker Garand. Excalibur01
- It's not, that's why I changed the picture... The previous picture showed a T26 Tanker Garand while R. Lee Ermey used a full-sized Garand in the show. Chris_Hun7er 05:33, 30 April 2010
- How do you mistaken a full length Garand with a the shorter variant? I would think they should have implemented the shorter variant to the military during WWII because the full length is heavy as hell. Excalibur01
- I think the Grand was only "heavy as hell" to us 21st century whines. How many WWII Veterans have you heard complain about how "heavy" the Grand was? I hear most soldiers from the Iraq war say that the 2 pound M9 is "too heavy" or is "heavy as hell". :\ - Mr. Wolf 23:17, 28 September 2011 (CDT)
Not an AKM
I just rewatched the "Rifles" episode and noticed that the "AK" that was used had full circle front sights. So shouldn't it be labled as a Norinco, rather than an "AKM" ?
It has the underfolding bayonet and a smooth dust cover, too. It does have the AKM-style compensator, though. --Don Bigles 20:58, 5 May 2012 (CDT)
M4, not M4A1
Since we're dealing with actual military personnel here instead of actors with movie guns, wouldn't that make the majority of "M4A1s" on this page, M4s instead? Spartan198 (talk) 20:24, 15 September 2012 (EDT)
Gunny's way of holding a rifle
I happened to notice that in a number of cases, when he's firing a rifle, Gunny can be seen holding it in an unusual way. Being a right-handed shooter, his left hand is holding the forestock but it is turned, with his thumb not (as one would expect) on the left side of the forestock, but rather on the right (see below screencap).