SM-15 Machine Pistols and the Watson Autoshotgun
In the Xbox Version of FEAR, as well as in FEAR Files, there are machine pistols called the SM-15's that are primarily based of the OA-93, but they bear a bigger resemblance to a shrunken HK416 with an undermounted flashlight. In addition to the SM-15's, the PS3 version of FEAR (As well as a few Instant action and Multiplayer levels of FEAR Files) has its own exclusive weapon: The Watson Autoshotgun. Now, I don't own a capture card, so someone with said card will need to screencap these and post it on this page. I get the distinct impression that if I update the article without photos, my changes will get deleted before the end of the day. GamerfreakB7
Needs some work
This page needs some work with ingame pictures of the weapons.
btw the USP40 can hold 13 rounds.--FIVETWOSEVEN 02:22, 29 March 2010 (UTC)
- The USP40 can hold 16 rounds with HK's extended floor-plates. :P - Mr. Wolf 17:41, 23 April 2011 (CDT)
I think it is a USP 9mm. It doesn't do a lot of damage and it has a high capacity
- Too bad the texture says .45. Just played it this weekend.-protoAuthor
The model is a USP .45. you can tell because the USP .45 has a slightly extended finger rest on the end of the magazine, where as the USP 9mm/.40 s&w dont. pics for comparison on this page:http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg11-e.htm - V1scera
- HK's extended floor-plates also look like that on the USP9 and USP40's magazines, which holds 18 rounds and 16 rounds respectively. - Mr. Wolf 17:41, 23 April 2011 (CDT)
So it could also be the 9mm. The problem is because this is in a game and since the developers don't say which caliber, it could be either the 40 or the 9mm. And for pics to compare, you should have just directed us to the actual USP page on the site Excalibur01 22:00, 1 November 2010 (UTC)
- Just played it last night, It's diffidently a USP45, If you look closely you can make out "HK USP .45 Auto" on the right side of the slide. :) - Mr. Wolf
G3 or SL8?
Actually, the G2A2 rifle isn't SL-8. The receiver is totaly diferent, eg. the cocking handle is'nt on its top, but it's on the side. I think it's something like G3 (referred in the name of the gun) fitted with SL-8 stock and handguard. oh, and just I added some ingame pics. --Silver Eagle 17:32, 6 April 2010 (UTC)
- The lower reciever does look more of a mash between a G3 and a G36. Excalibur01
- This gun is whole a mash, indeed. You can see it on those pictures. Everything exept upper receiver looks like taken from an SL. It's possible that Armachan bought some older G3s or G33s (or a license to produce them) for Replicas, and upgraded them to be more ergonomic (or just more "cool") using kits from SL-8. --Silver Eagle 20:31, 6 April 2010 (UTC)
You mean G36 right? Cause the only gun that's a G33 is a Glock. And the developers most likely just mashed together guns for the hell of it. Excalibur01
- No, i meant HK33 :) - a G3 reworked for 5,56 x45 ammo.
I know what the HK33 and 53 are. They don't have a G in front of them Excalibur01
Sub Machine Gun
Wow really? I disagree. MP5 with the surefire light fore-end. Since the MP-10 is a crappy knock off how can the SMG be based only of that one and not the original? 18.104.22.168 07:22, 19 June 2010 (UTC)Furious Oyster
-Agreed. It's based on an MP5 with a Surefire flashlight fore-end. It has little resemblance to the MP-10.
-Take a good look at the more angular shape, the appearance of the receiver, the shape of the weapon entirely; It's too squat to be an MP5, and while it does bear SOME resemblance, it's far closer to looking like an MP-10 than an MP5.
EDIT: And let's be fair, I never said the MP-10 was crappy, just a knock off. GamerfreakB7
5/9/2011 - IT'S NOT AN MP5. I see the bits and pieces, yes, but it isn't an MP5 with MP10 Parts; if anything, it's the other way around! I appreciate the attempt at improving the page, but that doesn't change the fact that it's wrong. I plan on changing it back, however I will note the MP5 parts that are mixed in. GamerfreakB7
- Fine. I personally still see it as more of a futureized H&K MP5, but whatever. - Mr. Wolf 14:41, 10 May 2011 (CDT)
- Yeah, I'd disagree too. It's a futurised MP5, it's no closer to the MP10 than it is to the MP5. I must say I'm loving that magazine, too; does the mag have a 45-degree bend at the very top to actually get bullets to the chamber? Evil Tim 14:49, 10 May 2011 (CDT)
Should've included an extra period at the end of the page title...I'm going to redirect it to this page unless you can somehow rename this page 22.214.171.124 23:16, 12 August 2010 (UTC)
- I just noticed that. Why is there no PERIOD at the end of R. Excalibur01 23:24, 12 August 2010 (UTC)
I have added some screenshots, the grenades and the new weapons in the two expansions. Now the page should be complete. --bozitojugg3rn4ut 13:28, 20 February 2011 (UTC)
And I have taken all the stuff that AREN'T based on real world weapons. A Laser gun isn't a firearm. A portable turret isn't a firearm unless we see a gun that is based off a real gun attached to it Excalibur01 17:11, 20 February 2011 (UTC)
- Okay so You say that a minigun, a rocket launcher or that assault rifle with the red scope is NOT a firearm. How come the AVP2 page has a flamethrower, a fictional minigun, a turret and other stuff like that? Or the electric gun and other unrealistic weapons in Crysis 2? Just sayin...
- The AVP2 page has those weapons because some of them (such as the rocket launcher and flamethrower) are plausible in real life. The others, such as the minigun and turret, have been used in movies before and have had actual props built for them. --Mazryonh 17:17, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
Because there are more consensus with the mods. For a film, we can bring up weapons like that flamethrower because it is real. A game based on the film's weapon might count. Also there aren't a lot of mods here to go deleting fictional weapons Excalibur01 03:53, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
- You could at least move them to this page not to delete them... it took me three days to get the screens/upload/edit them... :( --bozitojugg3rn4ut 10:08, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
Effort is noted but wasted. Putting guns that aren't really guns on a site about guns and images based on real guns is pointless. Moving them here doesn't mean a thing. What? Are people actually wondering if the laser rifle is a real gun? Excalibur01 03:27, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
- I think (and this is only my opinion) that if Black Ops can have knives and a tomahawk on the discussion page, then F.E.A.R. can have a minigun or a lightning weapon. At least these have a trigger... --bozitojugg3rn4ut 16:02, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
Your opinion is noted, but we here on this site rather do things professionally. For a game that no one else but me pays attention to, I say no. There is no point in putting these things here either. In Black Ops even those knives exist in the real world and even though putting them on the main page is stupid, putting them as trivia or in the discussion page works. Putting the fictional guns of FEAR here is stupid. We've also been making an effort in taking off knives and swords from the site too. It takes time. Excalibur01 17:03, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
- I very much like the F.E.A.R. series too, that's why I did my best to improve the page. :) - Mr. Wolf 17:46, 23 April 2011 (CDT)
Also what assumptions made you think the VES Advanced Rifle would later become the Patten PK470 Assault Rifle? They look nothing alike. Is the only assumption is because they are both assault rifles? Excalibur01 17:05, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for the nice words. And as You probably know there is a "history" button on the top of the page. If you press it you can see who made changes to the page. Wonder what username will be right before this text: (10,620 bytes) (→VES Advanced Rifle) (undo)
- BTW Perseus Mandate was made by TimeGate Studios during the time Monilith was busy with F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin. The VES AR and that other XM8-look-a-like rifle in F.E.A.R. 2 have nothing to do with each other, I just don't delete things someone else wrote on this page or any other. --bozitojugg3rn4ut 17:35, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
You're arguing with a mod here. I decided what goes on here. I delete things that are a waste of space. Excalibur01 22:57, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
So... Should I remove the fictional weapons from this page? - Mr. Wolf
I don't see a point. I'm not dissing the game. I have them all, but these fictional weapons really don't belong here. 04:38, 24 February 2011 (UTC)