|Join our Discord!|
|If you have been locked out of your account you can request a password reset here.|
Talk:Angels & Demons
I very much doubt that they were FN SCARs, more likely Sig SG551s or SG 552s. The Swiss guard actually use Swiss issue weapons.
- Yeah they were not SCARS --AdAstra2009 07:50, 12 December 2009 (UTC)
I coulda sworn they were SCARs when I saw them at the movies. I even saw some in tan Excalibur01 04:43, 16 December 2009 (UTC)
- What scene did you see it? --AdAstra2009 01:13, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
- The Armory scene. I coulda sworn they were SCARs...Oh well, better get my eyes check and watch the movie again. Excalibur01
- I saw this movie recently, and I think you might be right, Excal, they looked like SCARs to me. Or something similar. -MT2008
- Was this in the beginning of the film right before they meet with the Head of the Swiss Guard or after? --AdAstra2009 02:42, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
Is this the clearest shot in the film of it?
--AdAstra2009 03:07, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
- There was a clearer shot later in the film, but I can't remember where exactly. -MT2008 03:14, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
This right here?
--AdAstra2009 03:28, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
- Nope, still not quite. It was a close-up of either Tom Hanks or Stellan Skarsgard or some other actor with the guns closer in the background. I seriously wish I hadn't lost my access to this movie before I had a chance to find out. -MT2008 03:36, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
Hows this? --Crazycrankle 11:57, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
- Yep, that's it! Nice job, Crazycrankle. Those do look like SCARs...unless my eyes mislead me. -MT2008 15:31, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
Finished the page up, removed the incomplete template and comment. --AdAstra2009 07:50, 12 December 2009 (UTC)
- Nice job, it looks great. Only thing is, I'm not sure that sniper rifle is an MSG-90. It doesn't seem to have the right type of scope mount. Knowing the way Hollywood works, it's more likely to be a regular G3A3 (or something similar) that's been mocked up to look like an MSG-90. I'll get back to you on that. -MT2008 14:32, 12 December 2009 (UTC)
[moved from main page]
- Actually, isn't this a Heckler and Koch G3/SG-1 (or at least an attempt at one). It does not have a bolt-closing assist on the receiver (as the MSG-90 does), and it appears to have just a raised cheek-rest, as opposed to the adjustable one fitted on the MSG-90. Another item to take note of is the folding under-handguard bipod. This is commonly fitted to the G3/SG-1, but is more rarely fitted to the MSG-90 series (as it is not adjustable and really not that useful for the types of situations the MSG-90 would be called into use for).SAWGunner89 04:16, 14 December 2009 (UTC)
- It has the wrong flash hider for an MSG90A1, too. As I have said, it's probably a regular G3 or HK91 mocked up to look like an MSG90, which is fairly common for Hollywood's armorers. -MT2008 03:38, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
Yeah I'm definately leaning towards a G3 looking at the fore-end of the gun and the bipod, also it looks like it might have a collapsable stock on the end of it.
- After looking at the screenshot and the photos of the other guns, I'll have to say a G3/SG1 would be more likely.--Wildcards 20:51, 25 April 2011 (CDT)