MP or MR-444 Baghira
Please contact the creator of the page Orca1 9904 for what the page title should be. I moved the page because I saw that the Wikipedia page also had the title of MR-444. --SB2296 14:55, 25 November 2009 (UTC)
Can't believe you actually read the crap on my user page
Well, where to start? The M4 Super 90 is a semi-auto SG so showing it in semi-auto mode won't be "rare", yet showing it as a pump-action shotgun would be wierd, and it would probably appear under the "Goofs" section on IMDb. And the M16A2, I wrote it because those are more common (even in films taking place during the present days) than the A4. Most people don't even know the difference and call both "M16's". If you want the audience believe that it is a M16A4, you must either show extreme close ups or put sights onto the rails. And lastly, I live in Slovakia where police forces use the Vzor 58 Samopal, Skorpion (vz. 61) and Makarov PM (*sadface*) or rarely the MP5A2/3. If I ever get to make a movie, I will be able to choose between lame and even more lame guns. Showing an M16A2 (or A4) in burst mode and an M3S90 in semi-auto is on my bucket list, but like I sad, I will probably never get to cross out that dream because I'm surrounded w/ cheap AK-clones and other "masterpieces" of Czechoslovakia. (Although I saw a B&T MP9 in a Hungarian TV show once, was probably airsoft.) --bozitojugg3rn4ut 16:24, 17 August 2011 (CDT)
P.S.: There is no shotgun or assault rifle in my current screenplays (yet).
While he shouldn't be saying idiot or lacking chromosomes. It's not all that vulgar. As far as his edits go, I don't follow video games and read that much into them. I'll send him a message though. --Predator20 14:38, 25 August 2011 (CDT)
- GM45 has been off and on here. I've slacked off here too (same with other mods as well). Orca is a gamer but he's sometimes not around either. Ben41 is probably the most active mod here. But I try to check in at least once a day, so if you send me a message I can get back to you in a reasonable amount of time. --Predator20 15:23, 25 August 2011 (CDT)
It's basically case law
There isn't really a standard at this point, rather just the result of a series of discussions; we definately put weapons in classes with pistols first (this supercedes older pages which were done chronologically), but I don't think there's a precisely set order. We don't use the label PDW because it's confusing and ultimately useless. --Evil Tim 08:41, 13 October 2011 (CDT)
Re: Beretta 92A1
Hi. It's actually not that I prefer the 92FS, I just simply like it more. The rounded trigger guard of the civilian Berettas looks weird and stupid like RIS on an AK-47. The 92A1 is a very fine pistol tho. Has lesser recoil than a water gun, and holds 17 rnds by default. I would trade my service Glock 19 for a Beretta anytime, but unfortunately I can't. The company I work for made a deal with Glock Gmbh to use Glocks and Glocks only. (It's a good thing Glock makes only pistols, LOL) All in one, Beretta makes quality guns and they are and will be my all-time favorite and preferred guns. --bozitojugg3rn4ut 15:07, 21 October 2011 (CDT)
- Beretta's "Storm" family looks promising and is really well-made (at least the Tx4 is, can't speak for the others). I really love the futuristic design of those weapons. Plus I really hope those guns will be used by police and other law enforcer agencies in the upcoming years, and not just appear in Ghost Recon video games. :) --bozitojugg3rn4ut 09:35, 23 October 2011 (CDT)
Hi. First of all, many thanks for that site, they really have some amazingly detailed pictures of Russian guns, which are the best on the world :). It is questionable at the moment, what kind of customization options will appear in GRO. (The Beta is on, but only in France, Germany and USA.) So far, it looks like the Groza is the -02 variant with a cheek riser and some weird handguard. Maybe there will be an option to change it into a different variant. It's really hard to tell. (Fortunately Tom Clancy games are starting to discard the noob tube.) What I have seen so far in GRO, is that you usually get to choose optics, buttstock and change the barrel length. If there will be 2 or more variants of the Groza, I will remove the last number. I planned that.
I didn't know about the different name the 7.62 variant has. GRO is the first and only game so far to use the 7.62 Groza on imfdb. (The Grozas weren't even distinguished until I changed the page.) You can change the name on the page if you want to. --bozitojugg3rn4ut 14:26, 2 November 2011 (CDT)
- Good job on the Groza page. Now all we need is a good pic of the 7.62 variant, showing the differences in the magazine shape. --bozitojugg3rn4ut 05:40, 3 November 2011 (CDT)
- (LOL we were writing at the same time)
Re: Weapon Naming Question
I'm inclined to agree with Evil Tim on the SVU issue. Leave it alone. --Predator20 11:24, 13 November 2011 (CST)
Re: Some good M1911 9mm models
Hey, thanks for the advice. Sorry for the ridiculously late reply. I must seem like an ungrateful idiot. Real life got in the way from being on the site. --GunEnthusiast 04:30, 7 December 2011 (CST)
Re: "Ukrainian Produced/Filmed" category
Hi. To be honest, I have no idea how many entries must a category have before it can be created. Maybe we should wait for at least one Ukrainian movie to appear on the site. Until then, Cryostasis was published by a Russian company, so it can have the Russian Produced/Filmed category.
Unrelated to this, but I gotta ask. What do you think of the KBP page I made. I hope I didn't left out any gun. As far as I know they didn't manufacture any important WW2 gun, right? --bozitojugg3rn4ut 05:46, 25 January 2012 (CST)
- Thanks for the info. I never knew what was the difference between the OTs-03A and OTs-03AS. And by the way, you were right when you said the "SVU Dragunov" is a stupid name. KBP and TsKIB never mention "Dragunov" on their sites. The wikipedia page of the SVU is titled "SVU Dragunov", but in the text you will never find "SVU Dragunov" again, only "SVU" or "OTs-03". "SVD Dragunov" is borderline redundancy, as Izhmash also never mentions it, only "SVD" OR "Dragunov sniper rifle". >< --bozitojugg3rn4ut 07:57, 25 January 2012 (CST)
Hi. I am gonna need a little help. I am working on a page for TsNIITochMash. Wikipedia says they don't manufacture the VSS, or AS or Vikhr. Now, we know how reliable wikipedia is when it comes to Russian guns, right? You also think they don't manufacture these guns? (I think they do otherwise they would not list em on their website.) Thanks in advance. --bozitojugg3rn4ut 10:29, 16 February 2012 (CST)
- Cool. Thank you very much for the quick response. To be honest, it is kinda weird that TOZ manufactures the SR-3 but not the SR-2. Now I only have to figure out the exact date of the foundation of the company. Is it mentioned on the Russian website? On the English they don't mention the date anywhere. --bozitojugg3rn4ut 11:17, 16 February 2012 (CST)
- Thanks again. --bozitojugg3rn4ut 11:41, 16 February 2012 (CST)
Thanks for the heads up. I corrected the article. --bozitojugg3rn4ut 07:10, 3 April 2012 (CDT)
Please do not troll talk pages with unhelpful political commentary which has nothing to do with improving the page in question. Evil Tim 09:19, 14 April 2012 (CDT)
- You're not the target of anything, I haven't banned you or suspended any privileges. I deleted a one-line comment which added nothing to the discussion and was designed purely to get a rise out of the person you were talking to. Nobody on that page has done that but you.
- Edit: I didn't mean to delete the second comment and have restored it. Evil Tim 09:30, 14 April 2012 (CDT)
- The issue, as I said, was that the comment you added was an unhelpful single-line statement that seemed purely designed to get a rise out of people; it did not add anything to the ongoing discussion (which shouldn't really have been there anyway, and I have made a note to that effect), nor did it have anything to do with improving the page. Unless you can provide a solid argument why your specific comment was not trolling (which would be hard, because it was) or why it belonged on a talk page, then you don't have a case.
- Also, please don't reply to me on MPM's talk page, do it on mine. No point jamming up someone's talk with a discussion that is no longer about them. Evil Tim 09:44, 14 April 2012 (CDT)
- In priciple the statement you made is actually true, but "American media companies are too eager to avoid censorship in China" is hardly the same as "America trembles before China." Do you see what I mean? Previous posts might have been making points and stating opinions you didn't agree with, but stating your points honestly is different to deliberately wording them to rile people up. Evil Tim 09:56, 14 April 2012 (CDT)