Talk:Messenger of Death
It seems to me that Willis Beecham has Model 73, not Model 92. The second and third screenshots in Winchester section show detales of the rifle that differs from Model 92 and looks more like Model 73. Note the position of the front sight and the shape of connection between barrel and tube. I made a collage on which these detales can be seen.
- Greg-Z 04:31, 6 June 2012 (CDT)
- If you look at the last couple of caps you will see that there is a step half way along the bottom of the receiver, which is present on the 92 but not on the 73. Granted the position of the barrel bands and sights are different, but I imagine these can vary from gun to gun (they could even be interchangeable between different models but not sure), particularly considering the fact that these could be modern reproductions. --commando552 08:10, 6 June 2012 (CDT)
- Yes, the men on two last screenshots use Model 92, I agree. But I still doubt about Willis' rifle. Its receiver and stock is never seen well, only barrel. Maybe Willis' rifle is the only 73, and the other Mormons has 92s? Greg-Z 08:19, 6 June 2012 (CDT)
I'd put my money on a Beretta Cheetah or Tomcat. Fixer
- It cannot be Tomcat, because the movie is 1988, and Tomcat started in 1996. Cheetah fits well for me. Due to the round shape of trigger guard it may be 84BB or 87, right? Greg-Z 11:14, 6 June 2012 (CDT)
- I looked the scene again, and there isn't any better view at the cylinder release. But really it looks more like Colt DS. Greg-Z (talk) 12:32, 29 March 2013 (EDT)