Condemned: Criminal Origins
Condemned: Criminal Origins (known in Asia as Condemned: Psycho Crime and in Australia as simply Condemned) is a psychological survival horror video game. The game was developed by Monolith Productions (F.E.A.R. and Project Origin) and published by Sega. It was released in 2005 for the Xbox 360 and in 2006 for Microsoft Windows. A sequel titled Condemned 2: Bloodshot was released in 2009.
The following weapons appear in the video game Condemned: Criminal Origins:
- The game is a survivor horror FPS which focuses mainly on melee combat. That is why there are about 30 melee weapons (pipes, boards, shovels,...) but only six firearms in it.
- The firearms cannot be reloaded. When pressing "R", the good old reload key on the keyboard, the player's character will check the weapon's remaining ammo. (This animation is almost always unrealistic: For example looking at a shotgun's ejection port will not reveal the amount of shells inside the gun in real life.) This is the only time the number of remaining ammo appears on the HUD.
- Spare ammunition cannot be carried since the guns cannot be reloaded.
- When a firearm runs empty it can be used as a melee weapon, but will unrealistically break after a few hits.
- The player can carry only one weapon in the game.
The M1911A1 appears as ".45 Cal" in the game. Holds an erroneous 9 bullets. The standard issue handgun of the FBI CSU (Crime Scene Unit) and also the most common weapon in the game. Many thugs carry it, can be found in almost every level.
The "Submachine Gun" in the game seems to be a Carl Gustav M/45 / M3 Grease Gun hybrid. This weapon has a rather high magazine capacity of 20 bullets, allowing the player to kill several enemies with it before it runs out of ammo. This makes it the longest lasting firearm in the game. Like the handguns, the "Submachine Gun" is useless in melee combat.
Smith & Wesson Model 29
The Smith & Wesson Model 29 appears in the game simply as "Revolver". This revolver is slightly less accurate than the Colt, but also does more damage. Two shots to the chest will kill most enemies in the game, allowing the player to kill about 3 enemies before the 6-round cylinder runs out.
The Ruger AC556 Carbine appears with a 10-round magazine (although the model itself is a 20-round one), shortened barrel and in semi-automatic mode only. The best firearm in Condemned, but unfortunately it can only be found in the last three levels of the game. Referred to as "Rifle".
Sawed-off Over and Under Shotgun
The Sawed-off O/U Shotgun is one of the rarest weapons in the game. Not just the barrels, but also the buttstock is shortened. Due to the sawed-off's low ammo capacity, there's not much point in carrying it around, although it can be useful to quickly pick it up, blow away an enemy or two, then discard it. Like the pump-action shotgun, the sawed-off makes a decent melee weapon, but breaks after several hits.
Winchester Model 1897
The Winchester Model 1897 pump-action shotgun appears in the game. Called "Pump Shotgun" and has a shortened barrel, rifle sights and 5-round capacity.