|Join our Discord!|
|If you have been locked out of your account you can request a password reset here.|
Welcome to IMFDB
Before you do any editing please take the time to read the Rules, Standards and Principles. This is a very important document that explains how this website is setup as well as telling you what is and isn't allowed. If it is determined by an admin that you have not read these rules, your account will be suspended. Continued non-compliance may result in a permanent ban. After that you should also read the IMFDB Screencapping Guide and the IMFDB Style Guide to familiarize yourself with the image and formatting requirements for pages you create.
There are a number of pages that desperately need your help. You can find these Incomplete pages here.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them here but make sure to sign your post by typing --~~~~.
Finally, IMFDB has a forum set up here that is only available to registered members. There is lots of good stuff to see there. If you would like to join the forum, please post HERE and an account will be created for you.
Now, HAPPY EDITING! bunni (talk) 14:22, 26 December 2018 (EST)
Hey, thanks for your contributions to the H3VR project. I was wondering whether or not I'd be able to add the in-game names of all of the weapons, so I'm glad that someone else is helping. Keep up the good work! Best regards, Pyr0m4n14c (talk) 16:51, 2 January 2019 (EST)
First off, I just wanna drop another big "Thank you" for your help getting screenshots on the H3 page. I don't think the page would've ever gotten finished without your help. Thank you, man.
That being said, would you mind screenshotting/recording a few more things? I'll understand if you can't, but I'd really appreciate the help. I've got a list of a few things to help finish off the page - things that weren't shown in devlogs, things that were changed later on, etc. Pyr0m4n14c (talk) 18:15, 25 February 2019 (EST)
what are those things that you need? TheExplodingBarrel (talk) 02:16, 26 February 2019 (EST)
- I've got a list here, but you can choose to get whatever caps/footage you see fit, on this list or otherwise. This is just what I think would be good to add to the page.
- Colt Defender .45 - the trigger is now visible.
- Glock 17 - I'd heard heresay that the textures had been changed.
- M1911A1 Dillinger - I'm fairly certain that the sights got changed at some point.
- M1911A1 Operator - like the Defender, the trigger is no longer stuck in the magazine well.
- Beretta Model 38A - the safety no longer breaks when you disengage it.
- H&K UMP45 - the integrated foregrip is gone, leaving just a standard railed handguard.
- PP-19 Bizon - the permanently-affixed rail system was removed.
- Remington 870 DM (the in-game "CQB" model) - a set of sights were added to the receiver.
- Beretta Cx4 Storm - the foregrip was removed, as was the rail system that it was attached to.
- H&K SP5K - the "A2", "A3", and "Folding" variants of the SP5K pistol (which all have different stocks) aren't present.
- Błyskawica - we don't have shots of the stock unfolded, or of what the sights look like.
- B&T MP9 - we could use a shot of the stock folded on this one, too.
- Cobray M11/9 - we don't have a shot of this thing's sights.
- CZ Scorpion Evo 3 - we don't have a shot of this one's stock folded, either.
- H&K MP5/10 - a bit redundant, but there isn't a shot of the "A5" version with the collapsible stock.
- M1928 Thompson - we don't have any shots of the sights, or of the selector's markings.
- M3 "Grease Gun" - there's no shot of the stock extended.
- MP40 - same as above, since it was fixed in place when the gun was first added.
- Mossberg M590A1 - we don't have a shot of the magazine tube being loaded.
- Galil ARM - we don't have a shot of the stock being folded.
- Thompson Carbine - a little redundant, but it couldn't hurt to have a shot of this one's sights, too.
- Gatling Gun - there are a few of these in the Meatmas Snowglobe scene that are visually different from the standard ones - I'm pretty sure that they're the same model colored red, but it'd still be nice to have a shot of.
- H&K HK69A1 - we don't have shots of the stock extended, or of the leaf sight flipped up/being used.
- H&K M320 - there's no shot of the stock being extended.
- M1A1 Bazooka - primarily because it's so damned big, we don't actually have any side-on shots of this thing.
- Panzerschreck - same as the Bazooka, it'd have to be set on the ground for a side-on shot.
- Sturmpistole - we don't have any shots of the sights in use, or of the folding stock (though I'm not actually sure if it does fold in-game).
- M67 Grenade - we could use a shot or two of the "M25 Jingler" version added back in the first Meatmas update.
- Hidden in the Meatmas Snowglobe scene (and occasionally available as a rare spawn in Take & Hold, though I wouldn't count on it) is a gold-plated M1911A1 with a ridiculously long slide and barrel called the "Floppy McLongflopper", and I think it's definitely worth documenting.
Curiosities/Misc. (lower-priority than the rest, but would still be nice to have)
- French UNION - maybe showing off how you can attach two or more of these together through the magazines (hang them off of each other like in the last picture in the section, then attach another gun to the hanging magazine).
- Some of the instruction panels have unique guns that they use as demonstrations of how to use a particular type of firearm - among the ones we don't have were a Browning-style over-under shotgun and a full-length 870 with an extended mag tube - there may be more I haven't seen.
- Bergmann MP18 - for the sake of demonstration and comedy alike, it'd be neat to have a shot of the MP18 with a standard 8-round Luger magazine loaded into it.
- Cobray M11/9 - perhaps you could show off how stocks and other attachments are attached to the Cobray - maybe even make some ridiculous Black-esque tacticool abomination, just for the hell of it.
- H&K MP5A1/SD1/SD4 - same as above, it'd be worthwhile to show off how the endcap stock attachment works, preferably with something ridiculous, like the stock from the C96 or the Artillery Luger.
- PPSh-14 - the futuristic PPSh, if I recall correctly, has a unique blue muzzle flash that'd be worth showing off; it might be necessary to do so in a dark area.
- MP-155K - I've heard somewhere that there's a rail under the carrying handle, and that you can force attachments onto it, making the handle disappear (sorta like the L85A2 when you attach a SUSAT to it).
- AK-101 - I'm curious to see whether or not the stock folds, since it does on the real steel.
- AKS-74U "Tactical" - same as above, since they actually have the same stock.
- AR-10 - apparently, the AR-10 added in the Meatmas of '18 can use the same carry-handle scopes as the M16A1.
- The "Turburgerts" (hamburger-shaped turrets) found in Return of the Rotweiners and Take & Hold: Containment have guns on them that I've never been able to see very clearly, but I could've sworn that they looked like Micro Uzis, and a closer shot would really help in confirming/denying this suspicion.
- M1 Garand - there's a unique 1-power prototype optical sight for the Garand - I think Anton showed it off in one of his devlogs, but I'm not 100% sure, and I'm too lazy to re-watch them all to find out.
- Winchester M1873 - a shot of the shortest version being flip-cocked would be a nice addition.
- Milkor MGL - I'm curious as to whether the stock on this thing can be adjusted; also, if this trick still works, a shot of you spinning it like a revolver would be a very funny addition to the page.
Like I said, there's no pressure. Work if you want, at whatever pace you desire - after all, this is a volunteer-run site, so all the work is voluntary. Also, I have a tendency to forget important things, so I might add to this list later; if I can remember to do so, I might cross off/delete things as they come. But, still, it's up to you. Pyr0m4n14c (talk) 16:38, 26 February 2019 (EST) P.S.: It's a bit of a minor thing, but when someone asks you something on this site, it's standard practice to respond on their talk page, rather than yours. It's not the biggest deal, but it sends them a notification so that they know that you've replied, and they won't forget about the issue altogether. Just a little heads-up.
- DAMN do you work quickly. Thanks a million, Barrel. I'll be adding these to the page over the course of the next week or two. Have a great one! Pyr0m4n14c (talk) 16:46, 27 February 2019 (EST)
Sorry, the past week's been pretty busy for me. I'll get back to work on the page later today, but as of now, it's on a "can-do" basis. It's unfortunate, but it really do be like that sometimes. Pyr0m4n14c (talk) 06:45, 9 March 2019 (EST)
I've created a forum account for you. Your user name is the same as the one here, and your temporary password is Abc123. Please log in and change your password immediately. Thanks. --Funkychinaman (talk) 10:46, 6 May 2019 (EDT)
HL2 Colt Anaconda
Hi. I added an in-game screenshot of the Colt Anaconda's third-person model to your sandbox for Half-Life 2 (if you don't mind), since I noticed that this section exclusively had the game files' render instead. If by any chance you want to replace it by a full HD screenshot (without having to spawn the gun with console commands – and without having your character automatically pick it up when found much earlier), the revolver can be found in the last floor of this building in "Anticitizen One". Naturally, I had to carry it with the "use" key and drop it outside for better lighting. --Ultimate94ninja (talk) 16:43, 30 March 2021 (EDT)
You can make a page. I will not disturb. :)--Emto_PL (talk) 06:03, 8 May 2021 (EDT) Are you still working on the website? --Emto_PL (talk) 14:06, 9 June 2021 (EDT)
Thanks for the assistance with Cowboy Bebop (2021). I am 'somewhat' familiar with firearms, mainly just the ones I own though. I'll be adding a bunch more when I get time. --aswiftverdict (talk) 13:59, 29 November 2021 (EST)
@TheExplodingBarrel, I guess no one is gonna Colin and identify the firearm in the photo I upload and added to the SWAT Season 6 Article. What do I do now?--DJBrimstorm (talk) 17:10, 20 April 2023 (UTC)