Watched this on DVD the other night and noticed that the ACOG on Briggs' MP5 is shown with a nightvision mode. Is this an actual feature of the scope or Hollywood embellishment? (Not all that familiar with ACOGs to be honest) DeltaOne 03:38, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
- No, though you can buy a night vision device that you can use with an ACOG. - Nyles
Can anyone ID the make of the tac vest that Maj. Briggs is wearing in the MP5 picture? --NMOne 12:21, 1 May 2010 (UTC)
if I'm not mistaken that is blackhawk with pouches tacked on http://www.blackhawk.com/product/STRIKE-Commando-Recon-Chest-Harness,721,83.htm http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Lightweight-Commando-Recon-Chest-Harness,1484,2.htm can't be sure waiting for release on DVD to see the movie --drakus 20:00, 4 May 2010 (UTC)
I was watching this last night on DVD and I swear that when Miller is being interrogated at the end the rifle one of the men has pointed at him changes from a Type 56-1 to a genuine AK. The sight goes from hooded to unhooded in one of the shots, I'm almost certain of it.
That easy to own a Beretta M9?
At the end battle, the local informant Freddy took out his Beretta from under the seat of his car and used it to kill the General. May I ask since only the US are trading in these weapons and only to its own Army, where and how did Freddy get a Beretta? It is impossible for him to get it from any US Military Personnel since the closest person he knows, Roy Miller, never trust him.
- First, please sign your posts. As for Berettas, the US is hardly the only source of Berettas in the world. Beretta is an Italian company and we have no control over who they deal with. And the US has been at war for years, so it's not hard to imagine arms being lost, or picked up from dead bodies. --Funkychinaman 09:44, 2 November 2011 (CDT)
- My apologies. Noob not getting use to post and discuss. Just learnt how to sign. Thanks. - S9771773G
Also, Iraq did have a licence built version of the Beretta, the Tariq, as it's main army sidearm. Titchikov 15:33, 18 June 2012 (CDT)
- I'm pretty sure the Tariq was a license built M-1951.--Mattatack92 04:17, 19 June 2012 (CDT)
- It was. It's likely that they just gave Freddy a plain-Jane 92FS. Those are easy enough to come by no matter where you are. --DeltaOne 15:22, 19 June 2012 (CDT)