Whitney Kennedy Rifle
In 1880, Samual V. Kennedy and Frank W. Tiesing redesigned the 1878 Whitney-Burgess rifle to accept the popular .44-40 Winchester Center Fire cartridge.
The first Whitney-Kennedy was shipped in March 1880.
Estimated dates of production: Early 1880 to early 1886.
Total production was approximately 23,500. .45-60 cartridge. Frame becomes slightly larger. F and G range the loop lever was introduced. .45-75, .40-60, and .38-40 rifles were introduced. .50-95 and .32-20 were made in late production.
(Information courtesy of The Eli Whitney Museum and Workshop website)
|Tombstone||Buck Taylor||"Turkey Creek" Jack Johnson||1993|
|Tombstone||Peter Sherayko||"Texas Jack" Vermillion||1993|