User talk:Funkychinaman/Archive 1
If you have caps, go for it, man! I don't have the DVD anymore, as I was borrowing it from a friend.-protoAuthor 16:50, 26 June 2010 (UTC)
I read your preference for SA/DA pistols over striker fired and DAO guns. I myself firmly hold this belief and strongly dislike the way most new guns are adopting the striker system, especially in the law enforcement market. Though I have to say I have a far stronger dislike for hammerless revolvers regardless of their superior snag resistance. -Anonymous
Thanks for responding to my post. With regards to law enforcement sidearms I think agree that liability probably plays a major role in their weapon selection but personally I still don't think that explains their choices. A Glock or similar pistol with a light trigger pull and no manual safety is a Plaxico Burress situation waiting to happen. The New York City Police solution, modifying DAO weapons to have 12 lbs triggers, seems like a real dumb idea as that can't be good for accuracy, something I would like to think police have mastered. The only reason I can think of why Striker guns are good from a liability standpoint is drop safety, but modern hammer guns are just as safe in most real world senerios so I still don't understand the striker craze.
Also, I did screen cap alot of Archer episodes that featured realistic weapons right before I found out that the article already existed and had been deleted. If you wanted to see how good their quality was so as to make a case for an Archer article being allowed I would be happy to post some of my screencaps.
P.S. The Bersa Thunder 380 is an amazing little gun, though you are right .380 ACP is almost impossible to come by recently. Most stores in my area get 2 or 3 boxes a month which quickly get sold for close to double what they used to cost. -Anonymous
I noticed you're comment about the .25 Chekhov mentioned in Archer. This is a somewhat esoteric joke about a literary technique known as the Chekhov's Gun, which refers to a seemingly minor object mentioned early in a story turning out to have a major impact on the plot later on. Here's a link that explains more about it.  Toward the bottom of the page it even specifically mentions the example from Archer. -Anonymous
Of the reality shows, things like Pawn Stars and American Pickers make sense as they involve historical artifacts, however, Ax Men, truckers, and that new swamp show don't belong at all. As for Arms and Armor, I've never even heard of that show (probably before my time). What I miss is Conquest, there used to be reruns on History International but they've stopped. -Anonymous
I've never heard of that show either. I think 30 min was too short for Conquest as well. More running time would have made the show alot better. Other improvements would have been to use different people each episode (like Fear Factor or Dog Eat Dog) and change some of the final challenges like those in the Pirate and Ninja episodes which were clearly staged and fairly corny. -Anonymous
The feeling that History has completely abandoned its initial mission statement is very pervasive. TVTropes.com also has several articles that mock the History Channel, though admittedly not in flowchart form. I've always loved Cracked.com, very insightful information presented in their endearing snarky, jackass tone. The worst show imaginable on that list is Ancient Aliens where people who seriously must functionally retarded try to rewrite history in the most asinine way possible (Noah's ark was a DNA Bank, Gold eating aliens founded Babylon, the moon is a hollow space station monitoring earth, and ancient aliens in bronze age India fought wars with atomic bombs). THIS IS NOT HISTORY. Technically neither is Top Shot but as a gun enthusiast I'm willing to look the other way ;). -Anonymous
What I found more interesting than the HD WWII documentaries was a mini-series they did several years ago called WWI in color. It was an actual documentary series with each episode exploring a different topic (trench warfare, the birth of Aerial combat, the eastern front, the war at sea) but augmented the historian and veteran (they actually found a dozen WWI vets) interviews with colorized footage from the front lines. Color footage of WWII may be rare but it's unheard of for WWI. Also, the show didn't entirely rest on the color footage but simply used it to supplement a good documentary. As for a show about horsemanship, it sounds interesting if they could encompass things from the entire history of mounted warfare. Have the contestants use javelins, lances, bows, swords, and guns, from horseback, chariot, camel, possibly even elephant. Unfortunately with the way the history channel has been headed it would probably end up less like Conquest and more like Deadliest Warrior. -Anonymous
I think asking people trained in modern riding styles to ride without stirrups may be asking too much. -Anonymous
A little while ago you sent me a link to a cracked.com article about the history channel. I just found another article on Cracked I believe is written by Gunmaster45. I found it very amusing and thought you might enjoy it . It lists 10 overrated, impractical guns including a tactical double barrel shotgun. Let me know what you think. -Anonymous
Jamie Bamber did use the Colonial pistol. Take a look at the 2nd screenshot under the Colonial handgun entry. --Ben41 04:47, 11 June 2011 (CDT)
...We're not compiling an official Navy listing here, we're just using Lt. as a shorthand for "Lieutenant" in the same way "Mr." is a shorthand for "Mister." It doesn't really matter what service the pretend people are part of, and Jessica Biel and Josh Lucas aren't Lieutenants. I might agree if we were talking about real pilots here, but we're not. Evil Tim 14:38, 8 July 2011 (CDT)
- Either is correct, but Lt. is better for readability. "Lt." is always short for lieutenant regardless of what else might be; US Navy lieutenants are officially listed as "LT," but that's just an administrative choice, it doesn't change the entire rest of the English language (any more than Capt. stops being short for "Captain" if you happen to have joined the Army). It's about people understanding what you're using it as a shorthand for, not about using a term that will have the uninitiated wondering what "LT" is an acronym for because there's no full stop after it to say it's an abbreviation. Evil Tim 14:54, 8 July 2011 (CDT)
- I don't know, if you're trying to educate people there's no point being correct if nobody understands you're correct; the first time I saw someone allcaps'ing rank names I just thought he was being a moron (in my defence, he was a moron in a multitude of other ways). The proper abbreviation only helps in differentiating ranks if you already know that's what it is; it's a little like "Hg" is only a useful shorthand for "Mercury" if you already know the periodic table well. It's much easier to tell they're Navy airmen by the fact that there's an aircraft carrier in the movie. Anyway, I'm just going to change it to the full word. To show there's no hard feelings, skip to 1:30 to see what it looks like when an M167 VADS is actually firing. I laughed. Evil Tim 00:09, 9 July 2011 (CDT)
- Well yeah, but we explain which variant is which. What I mean is that it's useless using a shorthand if it won't help people get it, since the purpose of a shorthand is to say something quickly in a way people can still easily understand. As for a videogame, it's called Ace Combat :D Evil Tim 01:11, 9 July 2011 (CDT)
- I dunno, I guess it just bugs me because it doesn't look right. And yeah, I'm annoyed at the wait too, much as I was annoyed that AC6 was 360-only. Still, I've got the three PS2 games lurking around while I wait for a next-gen one I can actually play or a HAWX that doesn't suck. What were they thinking with those point-and-click UAV missions in HAWX 2? Evil Tim 02:02, 9 July 2011 (CDT)
Hey, wow, chill man. I only changed them because (a) the Navy ranks looks stupid on the page (no offense) (b) they are harder to read (c) the Average Joe won't propably understand the rank, and is most propably unwilling to spend 5 seconds on Google to find out about them, and (d) there's no rule or regulation the ranks should be presented in their absolute correct from, since we see the other ones more frequently.... --Warejaws 20:24, 12 July 2011 (CDT)
- Well, I guess there's no harm in having the "correct" abreviatons. Heck, maybe I'll even learn them someday. Altough, I'm still a bit torn on this but we might as well go with your way. Sorry if I offended you btw, I've always been pretty straight-forward... --Warejaws 05:55, 13 July 2011 (CDT)
Yeah, don't mind that, I only uploaded it when it looked like I wouldn't be able to find an F88S and would need to use the .22 version as a reference image. Evil Tim 11:37, 13 July 2011 (CDT)
Army of Two
Thanks for screencapping Army of Two the 40th day. I just got the game and hadn't gotten a chance to aquire everything in the game to screencap it. I can now cross another page of my to be done list. Rockwolf66 13:23, 15 August 2011 (CDT)
- If you are going to get a picture of the 870 MPS in Masterkey configuration do you think you can get the image of it mounted on the M32? Rockwolf66 21:47, 15 August 2011 (CDT)
Reply to: H:LotS
You're welcome. I've been watching the show from the start, and I could make out a lot of guns on the show. Though I'm still trying to ID the revolver that Det. Bolander (Ned Beatty) carries. - 500Magnum
- You only see Bolander's gun a few times, but I remember him pulling it out and holding it behind his back, though it's hard to make out due to the angle. And there are moments where you get a look at Howard's Colt DS, and it didn't look like a 1st Generation Colt, the grips and the barrel looked more 3rd Generation. I also noticed in the first season that Bayliss had a Beretta (IDed from the grips) and not a Glock at first. - 500Magnum
Yes thank you for that. I leave for 5 minutes and look what happens. --Predator20 21:44, 2 September 2011 (CDT)
Hey, it's Jazz. What happened with my page? I saw that you undid someone else's change to my page, and I was just curious what happened.----JazzBlackBelt-- 21:54, 2 September 2011 (CDT)
- Alright, I was just wondering. Thanks for deleting that.----JazzBlackBelt-- 23:25, 2 September 2011 (CDT)
Something to say
If you have something to say please say it to me instead of going to the blogs.--JD0556 21:25, 8 September 2011 (CDT)
Yeah thats what I thought now go run and hide in the blogs because you know that I can't say anything there.--JD0556 21:36, 8 September 2011 (CDT)
RE: AIM photo
How do take/upload screenshots?
Ok thanks.--Yo dawg 111 18:02, 29 September 2011 (CDT)
Thank you sooomuch for doing the alien girl...not to mention in such a timely fashion, looks great.--Spades of Columbia 16:34, 2 February 2012 (CST)
I figured that out in the end
See, it's not so much writing it down as just having a list of passwords scattered over a dozen sheets of paper, very few saying what they're for. It turns out I was using the right one, but when you enter a password for a new account it's logged all in lowercase, even though the enter password screen is case-sensitive. So, you're fumbling around trying to remember where the shift characters were when they're all gone from the actual password. Evil Tim 18:30, 18 October 2011 (CDT)
You are welcome. You helped me with some stupid vehicles in Ghost Recon so now we are even :) - bozitojugg3rn4ut 10:57, 27 October 2011 (CDT)
I wouldn't know, I don't have a TV license. I figure that I can just rent or buy £140 worth of DVDs in a year and watch more things I want without paying the BBC to employ Jonathan Ross. Evil Tim 08:53, 1 November 2011 (CDT)
I suppose because British and French is a general term the Netherlands. But we don't call the British movies English. I know that Holland is one of the provinces in The Netherlands and Dutch is the language, but for reasons that i can't really explain i preferred to use the name of their country. Even though dutch would work. --Jcordell 19:11, 16 November 2011 (CST)
Re: Approval of a new page.
Hi Funkychinaman, I am also a Taiwanese, currently studying in Singapore. There is a Taiwanese drama, TV series, called Rookies Diary 新兵日記. I am not sure if you know about it but it is filmed by Formosa TV, on aired from 2010 July 2nd to 2010 September 16. There are two seasons in this series. First part is about teenage boys serving their national services and underwent military training and second part is about joining the Special Forces. called 新兵日記之特戰英雄. I am not sure if I am able to publish it since it did not fulfill the imfdb Rules as it is not recorded in IMDB. Please help me have a better check. Thanks :). -S9771773G
Oh okay. You are quite right actually, maybe I should start on something easier first. Thanks very much. I would inform the admins about this issue. By the way, I owe you one. --S9771773G 00:06, 24 November 2011 (CST)
- I have registered it, but may I know how it worked and how can I put that up? --S9771773G 10:09, 26 November 2011 (CST)
Hi Funkychinaman It shows these below when I want to post new threads. Can you help?
1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
--S9771773G 11:00, 28 November 2011 (CST)
The general rule for aspect ratios:
500px - Films or TV shows that are presented in the square 4:3 format, the 1:85 to 1 format (older films like Predator 2 were shot this way) or the 16:9 widescreen format (for newer shows like Chuck). Sometimes, picture quality of the media featured would suggest either lowering it to "400px" or raising it to "600px".
600px - Films and media that are presented in the super widescreen format of 2:35 to 1 (most feature films today like Captain America: The First Avenger or Inception are released this way). Sometimes, if television screencaps are in HD, they can be bumped up to 600px because of the greater detail.
--Ben41 18:44, 2 December 2011 (CST)
You're killing my actors!
Hi, it's funny how we are cooperating. I am creating actor pages for The Dukes of Hazzard (Best series ever!) and here I am getting all these messages from you saying that the actors have all died. Hahaha! I will check IMDB for further new actor pages, don't worry, --PeeWee055 16:05, 22 December 2011 (CST)
- I know what you mean about the cars, I used to think that it was cool to see cars being wrecked, but now that I have a car of myself I freak out when I see pigeon poop on the hood hahaha But don't you just love the show for the 80's timewarp, the stupid haircuts and did I mention Daisy Duke? Take care, --PeeWee055 16:35, 22 December 2011 (CST)
Okay that's fine. I was going off the movie credits.--Jcordell 17:40, 22 December 2011 (CST)
Just want to say
You do good work with these spammers. Thank you. Evil Tim 00:59, 23 December 2011 (CST)
- By the way, I found something interesting while trawling through old revisions of FN Herstal's website on Archive.org: . This is from 2007. Click "Unique Opportunity to See FN HERSTAL's Products in Latin America" and then follow the link to the F2000. From the wording there it seems the FN EGLM / GL-1 didn't actually have an official name in 2007 and was considered part of an "integrated weapon system;" the name "FN40GL" only starts turning up on their site after a redesign in July 2008. I'm not really sure which name came first, but since the Mk 13 was entered for the EGLM requirement and had no official name, I guess that's how we ended up with FN ELGM. Evil Tim 01:33, 23 December 2011 (CST)
Thanks for correcting my error with the FN Herstal page. That was definitely a mistake on my part. Thanks! --Zackmann08 18:11, 23 December 2011 (CST)
I hadn't tried that. Thanks for the tip! --Zackmann08 11:41, 26 December 2011 (CST)
- Just out of curiosity, how certain are you about the Luger not being the basis for the Ruger Standard? Ive read that "Ruger decided to incorporate the looks of the German 9mm Luger and the American Colt Woodsman". Then again, my source is Wikipedia, so you cannot possibly dispute me... (sarcasm...). I'm just curious what you've read that I missed. Thanx! --Zackmann08 00:18, 29 December 2011 (CST)
- Oh yea?! WELL.... yea i got nothing... lol. I bow to your superior knowledge. thanx for the info! --Zackmann08 00:35, 29 December 2011 (CST)
Thanks for all your help in converting the pages to the table format, as they look much better now.
For gun pages, if you click the picture of a gun, you can see what pages they were used in and this would be helpful in determining what media they were used in. If you're considering cleaning up the Remington 870 page, I would recommend creating tables for each different model as it would very labor intensive to list it in the "Notes" column for each variant. It probably should resemble the Glock or the M1911 page. --Ben41 17:51, 28 December 2011 (CST)
- Thanks on updating the actors with the new table format it looks much cleaner now. I will try to update more of the show I posted to this format. --phoenixent 11:55, 29 December 2011 (CST)
Sorry, IMDb is wrong naming him as "Sergey". Wikipedia is more correct: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Garmash. It can be seen that all Russian persons with this name are "Sergei", not "Sergey": composer Sergei Prokofiev, poet Sergei Yesenin and many others. Greg-Z 13:44, 29 December 2011 (CST)
- As for myself, I count Wikipedia a more reliable source then IMDb. But I'll follow the rules and laws... so let it be. Greg-Z 14:05, 29 December 2011 (CST)
- >In Russian, are all Sergei/Sergey's supposed to just be "Sergei?"
- Yes, it is so, there is only one form of this name in Russian. Its final letter is always "short i". The same is with other similar names. Greg-Z 00:55, 30 December 2011 (CST)
Yes, please put the earliest titles first. --Ben41 02:02, 2 January 2012 (CST)
- Ah crap... really?! I've done like 100 of these in the last few days all in descending order... I just assumed since that's how IMDB does it... o well. Sorry! thanks for the heads up. --Zackmann08 17:45, 3 January 2012 (CST)
- Yea. Good point. I really don't feel like going back and reversing the order... --Zackmann08 19:09, 3 January 2012 (CST)
Hi, me again. Thanks for the revision of the Kampfpistole section, it looks all complete now; good work! Allow me to check with you for two small remarks.
(1) Could you please revise the pagename from Kampfpistole Z to Kampfpistole (without 'Z'). See below for the logic. I don't know how to do that...
(2) While you're at it, could you add a few lines to your original text on the page to reflect my above explanation. Please see below suggestion. I can also do that if you want.
The Kampfpistole (“battle pistol”) was an adapted flare pistol used by the Germans in WWII that could also be used to fire explosive charges at lightly armored targets. The adaptation stemmed from a desire to have a more accurate delivery of explosive rounds than from a regular flare pistol. For this reason, a flare pistol (the ‘Leuchtpistole Modell 1934’) was equipped with a grooved barrel (grooves = ‘Züge’ in German) and the naming was changed to Kampfpistole ('battle pistol'). This model has the alternative name ‘Leuchtpistole Z’ and it has a ‘Z’ painted on the left side of the chamber.
Sorry to bother you but I hope that all will be clear now. Yes, us Europeans like to keep matters complicated :-), --PeeWee055 16:36, 3 January 2012 (CST)
Hey no problem, it's nice when they give good close ups. The other one is likely a Series 70, judging by the grips. But they can easily be swapped though. --Predator20 22:53, 9 January 2012 (CST)
Dude. Take a breath. I'm working on the page right now sorting stuff. I'm doing it a step at a time. --Zackmann08 16:26, 13 January 2012 (CST)
- No worries. Sorry to jump down your throat I was literally working on it when the message showed up so... yea. Any way, I'm just about done and would love a second pair of eyes to look it over and catch any typos I inevitably made if you are interested. :-) --Zackmann08 16:46, 13 January 2012 (CST)
You put that Downfall was a Russian co production. There seems to be no evidence of that at all. NONE of the production companies associated with it were Russian. All of them were German according to online info. Just filming in Russia doesn't make it a Russian co production. But if you have other info to the contrary, let me know :) Thanks. MoviePropMaster2008 12:17, 15 January 2012 (CST)
Sorry but Merely filming in a place doesn't make it a co-production. That interpretation is new. The intent of that category was to recognize the actual film industry in different countries. Just going there to film something doesn't make it partially theirs. If we listed EVERY country that a movie was filmed in, that would make every multi-country movie a co production of that country. Which is NOT TRUE. Look at the 007 Movies. Those movies are filmed all over the place. We don't list every country as a co producer of every movie. The category is meant to read Produced & Filmed by ..... MoviePropMaster2008 03:45, 16 January 2012 (CST)
- We need to clarify the category since this type of confusion can occur. But the rule is: The movie MUST be done or partnered in a major way with an ACTUAL production company from that country. I can film scenes of my movie in Sri Lanka. Doesn't make it an example of Sri Lankan cinema. Per your logic, all of the James Bond movies would have to list ALL of the countries they filmed is a being CO-Producers of the movie. Thanks for your understanding. MoviePropMaster2008 15:01, 18 January 2012 (CST)
I verified the link worked when I corrected the edit. Now please quit acting like a kid picking at a scab and leave it alone. I am not in a good mood and do not need someone bitching at me about inane nonsense like this. Orca1 9904 03:33, 18 January 2012 (CST)
until a more refined definition can be made for the category. I SAID before, that the category should be redefined more formally. STOP pushing the issue. If you took the time to check you'd see why DOWNFALL fell out of the category you listed. QUIT trying to turn this into a debating match. I (and many of the other mods) don't have the time to endless debate a topic. I never expected someone to make it an issue, but it has. the James Bond example should have put an end to this discussion. Obviously it has not. You completely ignored it and the reasoning behind it. I'm not going to go into an endless debate with you on this. MoviePropMaster2008 00:24, 19 January 2012 (CST)
Thanks for the help
Just out of desperation, how do I upload the images to my talk page? Thanks once again. --Taurus96 13:21, 23 January 2012 (CST)
Tae Guk Gi
That's the one time IMDB is putting the US DVD title first. That's an error. The standards are if the film gets world wide recognition from it's original title, then that title stays (in the rules) so the original title stays. This film was famous world wide BEFORE some American/British marketing guy added the "Brotherhood of war" tagline. :) MoviePropMaster2008 15:43, 11 February 2012 (CST)
- Actually you are right. A careful reading of the rules indicates that the American title, does take priority. Disregard what I said. MPM :)
Don't create a page til you got the caps
I'm gonna put this on a bumper sticker. LOL. But any empty page gets deleted. It looks bad. So have caps ready to go before you make a page. MoviePropMaster2008 13:34, 18 February 2012 (CST)
I actually was going to delete it, but I'm currently halfway through a very needed spring clean and it kinda got forgotten. MPM's said before that summaries plagarised from wikipedia aren't allowed. Evil Tim 15:50, 25 February 2012 (CST)
Thanks for the Tips
Thanks for the tips on screencaps.--Yo dawg 111 08:51, 26 February 2012 (CST)
I'll agree with you on one thing... A lot of the games on here are pathetic... I just think its bad to encourage this type of page... --Zackmann08 22:35, 12 March 2012 (CDT)
- Fair enough. :-) --Zackmann08 10:26, 13 March 2012 (CDT)
- EXACTLY!!! WTF?! THIS PAGE NEEDS TO DIEEEEEEEEEE. --Zackmann08 16:59, 13 March 2012 (CDT)
- Yea... I know... It just irritates me. O well. I will say this, at least the guy is trying to make the page organized and stuff, I just wish he'd put that energy in to a better game/show/movie. --Zackmann08 17:12, 13 March 2012 (CDT)
- EXACTLY!!! WTF?! THIS PAGE NEEDS TO DIEEEEEEEEEE. --Zackmann08 16:59, 13 March 2012 (CDT)
UGH! That page makes me want to cry... O well. Different strokes for different folks I guess. --Zackmann08 17:28, 13 March 2012 (CDT)
- Okay. It is hard to follow him at times isn't it?--Jcordell 19:36, 15 April 2012 (CDT)
- Yeah I was thinking the same thing. One of the reasons why I brought it back. --Jcordell 13:00, 16 April 2012 (CDT)
Frank & Jesse
Thanks for adding pictures to Frank & Jesse. I would only ask that you don't replace my pictures unless they're the same shot. The closeup of Rob Lowe holding the pistol was made because I needed a closeup shot for his actor page. I've reverted that one, but you can upload it as a different screenshot. --Ben41 15:06, 20 March 2012 (CDT)
Sure. I didn't realize that I had locked it. Sorry. --Jcordell 03:03, 30 March 2012 (CDT)
I do not want me to. As the game comes out it, and so all the screens are changed. So why change it now? --Mateogala 13:05, 15 April 2012 (CDT)
It's not my fault. Screens were cut from the movie on youtube. in this movie were so they are. As the game comes out you probably will find here screenshots from full screen to replace all this. --Mateogala 13:24, 15 April 2012 (CDT)
Cold Zero.: I removed to this page because you do not already have this game. Reinslat system. A party in this state it is, is not suitable for presentation. --Mateogala 13:26, 15 April 2012 (CDT)
Trusting this to you
If Cheywoodward2's bot starts making edits again, tell any admin who's on to temp-ban it for 24 hours. I've no idea how it operates and if it turns on without him being present it's just going to mess up things even more. Evil Tim 16:49, 17 April 2012 (CDT)
- I've made a topic on the forums and sent Bunni an email, and there's a message left on Cheywoodward's talk page. That should be enough, but I figure since you're good at keeping a lookout for this kind of thing you're the best person to leave this with so I can go to bed and grumble about the bot not knowing that "aluminium" is a word. Evil Tim 17:04, 17 April 2012 (CDT)
I use Fast Stone to sharpen the pics a bit, and sometimes add a little gamma to brighten the image, but that's about it. --Ben41 01:57, 28 April 2012 (CDT)
thank you for fixing the page i am forever gracefully --Bigd2818 20:36, 03 May 2012 (CDT)
- It's up to you, but don't worry about it if there's not much of a difference between the screenshots. --Ben41 15:27, 29 April 2012 (CDT)
Actually you could get PSP screenshots from the old models (not the Vita) since the older PSPs have an AV out which you could plug into a capture device. And the Vita has a (really awkward) screenshot function built in. Of course, since I think I'm the only person on IMFDB who has one and I don't have an old PSP, that probably doesn't help that page any. Evil Tim 02:52, 17 May 2012 (CDT)
I'm reverting the page for the actor Shing Fui-On due to his original name and not the IMDB name for the same reason the site uses for Chow Yun-Fat. While the name Yun-Fat Chow is the name listed on IMDB, he is almost never credited in this manner. Usually, I check the actual credit in the film to see how the actor's name appears if there is some controversy. --Ben41 02:10, 20 May 2012 (CDT)
- I concur. IMFDB already has long established that we do NOT list names like IMDB. We list the names as they are credited, NOT, in the traditional Chinese manner of family name first, given name last. In that respect, just like the titles always defaulting to the English Language title, unless there is no translation possible (like a proper name), IMFDB does things differently than IMDB. Actually I'm glad we do. I always found IMDB's way, though more technically accurate, also very confusing. MoviePropMaster2008 02:44, 20 May 2012 (CDT)
- OUCH. Man you need to invest in a new monitor! Seriously! I feel ya though. I often forget that not everyone is working at 1920 x 1200. On my screen what happened was the note column looked just like it does on your screen but the other columns were way spread out. Any way, no worries! But seriously... Go on Amazon and buy yourself a used monitor. you'll thank me. :-) --Zackmann08 19:02, 22 May 2012 (CDT)
- Well you have my sympathies... --Zackmann08 22:13, 22 May 2012 (CDT)
I've deleted all I'm going to delete. If there's something you just got to have deleted take it to another moderator and plead your case. If the page is only lacking screencaps, has well written descriptions. It deserves to stay in my opinion. Then all someone has to do is screencap it and the page is done. The first step is already done and no unnecessary time is spent writing descriptions or even to identify a weapon. (Rather than the page be deleted and that work is done again for a second time.) Some of those pages had screencaps but no descriptions. Hey sometimes you can't get both out of the user. --Predator20 17:56, 23 May 2012 (CDT)
"The "A" doesn't have to be moved" rule and other movies.
Thanks for correcting, I somehow missed this rule. So I have a question: some time ago I've made page for the movie Man from the Boulevard des Capucines (Chelovek s bulvara Kaputsinov), A. Does this name also need to be moved with "A" in the beginning? Greg-Z 10:48, 27 May 2012 (CDT)
Act of Valor
Well technically no... But I may have other sources which allow me to have a copy of it on Blue-Ray a little early... ;-) --Zackmann08 17:29, 31 May 2012 (CDT)
- It's not a bootleg. Its a screener. I know someone who is a member of the academy. But if you're gna make a stink about it I'll just wait 4 days until it comes out on video. --Zackmann08 17:50, 31 May 2012 (CDT)
- You're right. I'm sorry. That was uncalled for and I apologize. The rules are there for a reason and should be followed. Thanks for keeping me honest. --Zackmann08 18:18, 31 May 2012 (CDT)
Yo. Just wanted to apologize again. The more I thought about it, the more I felt like a dick... That's not the way I like to act around here. Sorry again. --Zackmann08 11:55, 1 June 2012 (CDT)
Not a gun expert. If you say it's redundant, then perhaps it is. Not going to argue it. I didn't upload it for the Sterling page anyway. And the pic of it found there wouldn't be nearly as suitable for the page I'd originally intended that pic to be part of. Frankly, I couldn't care less about the Sterling page.
Good day sir!
I had her breast blur as a children's faces in the Italian newspaper:) What's the embarrassment? Madonna in Istanbul yesterday showed the same thing and nobody was hurt ...--Pandolfini 18:14, 11 June 2012 (CDT)
IB is your work? O. K. What is "Worksafe"? Those of the U.S. political-correct things I do not understand. In Europe is one country, where a children's faces may appear in the press only blur. It's just Italy. Something similar is at you with naked women?
Very nice work, I have not a copy of such quality. With Ulla it's problematic - she starred in the Italian B movies and it is sometimes quite hard. In the U.S. it's considered porn, in Italy it is soft.--Pandolfini 18:45, 11 June 2012 (CDT)
Me, too Tarantino and his style very like! He cheers for the old European classic films. In last week British movie "Modesty Blaise" with Monica Vitti I´m search, how he according to him did a re-make.--Pandolfini 19:02, 11 June 2012 (CDT)
I change the sharpness of VLC by going to the "Effects & Filters" in the "Tools" column at the top. Clicking "Video Effects" window and checking the "Sharpen" box will allow to sharpen your picture image before screencapturing. --Ben41 20:48, 11 June 2012 (CDT)
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Woah woah woah. Just to be clear, my pissed off comment about learning to capitalize was NOT meant for you... It was meant for the guy who created the page! Sorry about that. I get what you're saying but also, redirects take up like zero space. I mean a single image takes more space then 100+ redirects so there's no harm in having them. Plus, I'm sure that Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter will eventually have a good page on here, though I doubt this guy's version will last the day. Sorry again! --Zackmann08 10:24, 25 June 2012 (CDT)
- Gotcha! Just so you know, there is only 1 dead redirect on the site right now according to Special:BrokenRedirects. I check this page every few days along with Special:DoubleRedirects. --Zackmann08 10:35, 25 June 2012 (CDT)
First off, I CANNOT BELIEVE the Abraham Lincoln page actually turned out good?! HOLY COW! Second, I saw you added the AR Template to the Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf page. Thanks for that. If you are interested in and willing to work on this template, I would LOVE the assistance! --Zackmann08 13:27, 26 June 2012 (CDT)
- And in response to your message, YES I DID!! lol. Thank you much. I promise to only use my powers for good... :-p --Zackmann08 13:30, 26 June 2012 (CDT)
- I agree. I don't like the precedent either, but yea, whats done is done. I know what you mean! It has taken me a LOT of trial and error to figure this stuff out. How about you just do it in a list format. You know more about guns than I do and I've got a bit of an edge when it comes to programming. If you wanted to do something like:
- I can then take that and convert it to the right format. Your knowledge of how to organize and divide the stuff would be super helpful tho! You can just post it on the template's talk page. This is only if you are interested in doing this tho... --Zackmann08 13:41, 26 June 2012 (CDT)
If the redirect is the FIRST thing, it works. --Zackmann08 13:56, 26 June 2012 (CDT)
Generic Placeholder Picture
I'm all for your idea! Preferable something funny that tells users to look at the Rules before creating a page. Any interest in making it? --Zackmann08 20:23, 26 June 2012 (CDT)
Good thinking! Hows that? :-p --Zackmann08 10:00, 28 June 2012 (CDT)
- haha!!!--Zackmann08 11:16, 28 June 2012 (CDT)
Nice to know I'm not alone... Thanks buddy. --Zackmann08 23:22, 28 June 2012 (CDT)
Yo! So I just added a nifty little bit of code that will allow for collapsible tables! Check out the See Also Templates. All you have to do is add class="collapsible" to the table parameters! If you want the table to start out collapsed, you can add class="collapsible collapsed". This could come in VERY handy for the templates. :-) --Zackmann08 09:54, 29 June 2012 (CDT)
- So does that mean you like it? :-p I've been doing some digging around with the coding side of things lately. I'm in the process of launching my own wiki for the company I work for so I've been trying to do some experimenting with additional features. I'm about to make a post in the forum so leave your thoughts. Oh and btw, I will be traveling for most of the day today so if I don't reply thats why. Flying home for a little vacation. :-) --Zackmann08 10:01, 29 June 2012 (CDT)
I got a project for ya if you are interested... The Pistol page needs to be cleaned up a bit. There are some guns in the "Compact" section that belong in the "Sub Compacts" and Pocket pistols that are really Sub compact, etc. etc. Wanna help me come up with a standard? For example, Pocket Pistols are 2 inches or less. Sub compacts are 2-3 inches. Compacts 3-5. etc. Something like that?? One thing to note, there is at least one gun listed on that page that no longer has a page on the site (Chiappa Double Eagle Derringer). Lets go ahead and leave the image up since it is already there. It will help identify the gun if it is used in the future. Also, I think maybe we should separate out the Derringers and the pocket pistols from eachother. Let me know your thoughts and we can work on this together. :-) --Zackmann08 20:16, 8 July 2012 (CDT)
- Sounds good. I just thought we could do something like what we did on the 1911 Gallery page. When you look at the subcompacts on that page it says "The 'sub-compact' section contains all 1911's with a barrel shorter than 3". " --Zackmann08 20:39, 8 July 2012 (CDT)
You're welcome :) I'll try to identify the actors. Bednardos 09:20, 10 July 2012 (EET)
I thought the intention of the upcoming banner is to display that a film has not been released in theaters yet. Perhaps a clarification in the banner is needed. --Ben41 01:16, 15 July 2012 (CDT)
- Your points are taken and it's the admins' responsibility to monitor screenshots. It's just confusing to say it's a "unreleased" piece of media when it's not clear what that means. Have to be taken up in the forums. --Ben41 01:34, 15 July 2012 (CDT)
Well let me know if it happens again. He's earned himself a day long ban. If it happens again, I will perma-ban him. --Zackmann08 12:28, 19 July 2012 (CDT)
- Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up. I decreased the ban because I was anxious to get his response but you make a good point. --Zackmann08 13:50, 19 July 2012 (CDT)
Hey man. I know you can't edit the Rules, Standards and Principles page yet, but when you have a minute will you read the stuff I added about Redirects and tell me what you think?? Thanks! --Zackmann08 16:49, 19 July 2012 (CDT)
Periods after gun image text
Why did you put periods after all of the gun image captions on the 71: Into the Fire page? The captions (generally) aren't sentences so a full stop shouldn't go there. --commando552 06:56, 20 July 2012 (CDT)
- Two things. One, I agree with commando. A caption shouldn't have a period at the end of it so for example "M1911A1 - .45 ACP" not "M1911A1 - .45 ACP." if that makes sense. Second, I took care of that guy with 2 accounts. If you see any other accounts doing that, let me know and I'll take care of it. :-) --Zackmann08 08:21, 20 July 2012 (CDT)
- Right on man. No worries. I took care of the third username as well. --Zackmann08 10:10, 20 July 2012 (CDT)
The man with many names (Michael myers, leavemealone, etc)
Keep me posted if you see this buffoon again. I will keep shutting him down. The really annoying thing is that 99% of his edits are useful but his inability to understand the decimal point thing is just too freaking annoying (plus the fact that he keeps abusing multiple accounts). --Zackmann08 10:27, 23 July 2012 (CDT)
- Don't get me wrong, the guy deserves to be banned. Its just too bad that he can't listen that that ONE thing cause the rest of his stuff is helpful. --Zackmann08 12:42, 23 July 2012 (CDT)
Where do you see an "About" link?? I don't see it on any of the pages... --Zackmann08 19:27, 23 July 2012 (CDT)
- You are good... It was the skin that made the difference. I will look into it. I'm talking to Bunni right now. --Zackmann08 19:43, 23 July 2012 (CDT)
Any interest in writing an about section for us?? I'm not so great with that stuff... I restored the old version but it'd be great if you could spruce it up. Once you are done, let me know cause I want to lock it. --Zackmann08 23:14, 23 July 2012 (CDT)
- Good thinking. The Wiki page didnt really work out but you can see it HERE. --Zackmann08 23:46, 23 July 2012 (CDT)
- With great power, comes great responsibility... GO GET UM! --Zackmann08 19:24, 24 July 2012 (CDT)
I know. I did it, but no change to the set. I guess it does not work, unfortunately--Pandolfini 10:20, 27 July 2012 (CDT) Aha! I had no idea. Thanks for the advice.--Pandolfini 10:29, 27 July 2012 (CDT)--Pandolfini 10:29, 27 July 2012 (CDT)
Screenshots for "The White Buffalo"
Yes, I plan too. I just recently copied it from the DVD to my computer and I'm gonna use Windows Live Movie Maker to get snapshots (pictures) of the scenes where the guns can be clearly seen.
--"I let my Colt do the talking."-Jared Chastain 08:33, 28 July 2012 (CDT)
Thanks. By the way, I just read your user page and I figured I'd tell ya I'm a fan of revolvers too. My top favorites are the Colt Single Action Army, The Smith & Wessson .44 Hand Ejector (I prefer the First Model "Triple Lock") and the Colt New Service. I like pretty much all of the antique revolvers though. What are your favorites?
--"I let my Colt do the talking."-Jared Chastain 08:40, 28 July 2012 (CDT)
Okay. Thank you. I will be sure to do that from now on. --"I let my Colt do the talking."-Jared Chastain 12:50, 28 July 2012 (CDT)
Suppressed pistol in The Shock (Le Choc)
You have changed Michel's suppressed pistol from Walther PP to FN Model 1910. I agree that Walther was my error but it seems to me that FN Model 1910 is also incorrect identification. On the third screenshot a rear part of the pistol can be seen: it has a rear sight unlike Model 1910 (only Model 1922 has a rear sight) and the shape of the pistol is not rounded like FN pistols but sloped. There is one more intriguing moment: on the second screenshot the suppressor is fitted in different way then on the third screenshot. What do you think about it? Greg-Z 09:22, 30 July 2012 (CDT)
- I looked again this scene in slow motion. The shape of the pistol is more rounded then it looks like in third screenshot, so it can be MAB or FN 1922. Rear sight can be seen only in this moment. So I altered the text a little. It's still a mystery, but maybe it will be resolved sometime. Greg-Z 10:53, 30 July 2012 (CDT)
Frommer STOP is also from fabrik Femaru - http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/hu/frommer-stop-e.html Here missing this middle model of Femaru pistol - http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/hu/femaru-29m-e.html Femaru 37M is Frommer 37M - 
Well that's the thing about Netflix. I don't use it, and I'm not going to subscribe to it to do one movie or even make an account and end up finding Netflix doesn't have it.
Heck, the movie might not even be on DVD. I know the movie Claws doesn't (Watched a legal version on Youtube, it wasn't great anyways). I know it is on Discovery Video or whatever its called (Because that is what my English teacher used). But that also requires an account (And it is going to be something I will use like 1 time. And that for me is a waste of time.
Besides, I'm busy getting screencaps for Airplane II (Colt New Service), The Grey, and the first three Wrong Turn movies (WT 4 doesn't have any guns *sadface*).
But yeah, for me it is a hassle, and I'm off to college in 24 days. So I really can't be wasting money. - User:1morey July 30, 2012 6:27 PM (EST)
Airplane II, I have on DVD, same with The Grey and the Wrong Turn movies (I own like 78 different movies that I personally bought). I'm a movie/video game/gun buff. - User:1morey July 30, 2012 6:43 PM (EST)
Revolver in The Hunted
He's using a Miroku. Miroku made several variations of this revolver from the late sixties to the late eighties. There were both five shot and six shot models with 2", 3" and 4" barrels. The design was based on Colt's DA revolver. The company never got the police market in Japan so the revolvers were shipped to the United States where they were marketed as the Miroku Liberty Chief. I believe that in addition to .38 Special there were also models made in .38 S&W. --Jcordell 10:37, 1 August 2012 (CDT)
- Glad to help out. Fortunately I'm married and have kids because otherwise I wouldn't have a life. Only a hardcore gun-geek would know about obscure Japanese revolvers. --Jcordell 17:08, 1 August 2012 (CDT)
Hey can you rename the Macbeth page so the "(1998)" isn't there. I'd do it myself, but I can't figure out how to rename it. - User:1morey August 1, 2012 12:04 PM (EST)
You are correct. I missed that. Thank you. I am looking into it. --Zackmann08 17:42, 1 August 2012 (CDT)
- I think it looks perfect. It is important that they are the same size. It looks weird otherwise. You could have both the "Unknown" and "NowShowing" template on a page at the same time. If so you want them the same size. Its just easier. --Zackmann08 18:40, 1 August 2012 (CDT)
Dividing Up Law & Order
Just wanted to say good job on continuing to provide id's for Law & Order. Now the tough part: would you consider dividing up the pages by season? I know it's twenty seasons and Netflix only has 7 seasons available for streaming. I can help with dividing up the pages, but I can't provide any more screenshots for the series. Perhaps we could split the duties? --Ben41 19:48, 6 August 2012 (CDT)
Hi there, thanks for the quick correction on this movie. It's kinda late over here, but could you let me know what's the visual difference between a Remington 700 AICS and a Accuracy International Arctic Warfare? You're probably very right but it has me puzzled. Cheers, --PeeWee055 16:38, 7 August 2012 (CDT)
Actually I thought he might be that Gunner95 guy who Zachmann banned for making lame pages for German horror movies the other day, but I guess it could be the Chris guy too. Either way, he's either a kid, a troll, or stunningly stupid. Evil Tim 08:25, 8 August 2012 (CDT)