Quotes from Television Shows
What do you all think about putting quotes from television shows? Unlike films, it's very hard to determine where the quote comes from since you're dealing with possibly several seasons' worth of shows. Should the episode name be included? Should they be removed? --Ben41 22:39, 3 December 2010 (UTC)
Reason> Nothing to do with guns and just looked sort of stupid with the "(with Auto-9 drawn)" explanation --AdAstra2009 02:45, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
Candidates for deletion
Carrying on from the thread in the forums regarding inappropriate language content in quotes that are seen on the main page via this template (that's a mouthful!); I'm placing the quotes that have been deemed objectionable here so we can vote on whether they should be kept as they are, censored, or removed entirely for the reason stated.
Place your votes in the "votes" section underneath each quote.
- The Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger): Twelve gauge autoloader.
- Pawn Shop Clerk (Dick Miller): That's Italian. It can go pump, or auto.
- The Terminator: The .45 Long Slide, with laser sighting.
- Pawn Shop Clerk: These are brand new; we just got them in. That's a good gun. Just touch the trigger, the beam comes on and you put the red dot where you want the bullet to go. You can't miss. Anything else?
- The Terminator: Phased-plasma rifle in the forty watt range.
- Pawn Shop Clerk: Hey, just what you see, pal.
- The Terminator: Uzi nine millimeter.
- Pawn Shop Clerk: You know your weapons, buddy! Any of these is ideal for home defense. So...which will it be?
- The Terminator: All.
- Pawn Shop Clerk: I may close early today. --The Terminator
Agreed. It's long and, with two speakers, is somewhat hard to read as a result. Delete. --MattyDienhoff 03:10, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- Delete --AdAstra2009 02:33, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
- Eddie (Nick Moran): They're armed.
- Soap (Dexter Fletcher): What was that? Armed? What do you mean armed? Armed with what?
- Eddie: Err, bad breath, colorful language, feather duster... what do you think they're gonna be armed with? Guns, you tit! --Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
I don't consider this to be offensive. Keep. --MattyDienhoff 03:10, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- Profanity... tit? I wouldn't consider tit profanity. Keep --Predator20 05:53, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- I originally put this as being possibly profane, but I don't have that big of a deal with it Don't care --AdAstra2009 02:33, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
- - Even if it is considered profane, one profane word isn't enough to get rid of it entirely. You could just censor it if it's really a problem. Otherwise - Keep. --StanTheMan 00:57, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
- Dog (Frank Harper): What the fuck is that?
- Mickey (Ronnie Fox): It's me Bren Gun.
- Dog: Couldn't you have thought of something more practical? --Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Not excessive, in my opinion, I'm open to the possibility of censoring "fuck", because it wouldn't alter the meaning. Either way, though, I think the quote should stay, I like it. Keep. --MattyDienhoff 03:10, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- I'd agree with just censoring "fuck" but the quote isn't even all that gun related or recognizable Delete --AdAstra2009 02:33, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
- Yuri Orlov (Nicolas Cage): Of all the weapons in the vast Soviet arsenal, nothing was more profitable than Avtomat Kalashnikova model of 1947. More commonly known as the AK-47, or Kalashnikov. It's the world's most popular assault rifle. A weapon all fighters love. An elegantly simple 9-pound amalgamation of forged steel and plywood. It doesn't break, jam, or overheat. It'll shoot whether it's covered in mud or filled with sand. It's so easy, even a child can use it; and they do. The Soviets put the gun on a coin. Mozambique put it on their flag. Since the end of the Cold War, the Kalashnikov has become the Russian people's greatest export. After that comes vodka, caviar, and suicidal novelists. One thing is for sure: No one was lining up to buy their cars. --Lord of War
It is long, but it's also a lot easier to read than the quote from The Terminator above because it's a monologue (only one speaker). It's an interesting quote, so I think I should stay. Keep. --MattyDienhoff 03:10, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think a whole paragraph of a quote should be on the main page Delete --AdAstra2009 02:43, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
- Just separate some parts. Keep. --Kenny99 03:56, 29 September 2010 (UTC)
- Bullet Tooth Tony (Vinnie Jones): So, you are obviously the big dick. The men on the side of ya are your balls. Now there are two types of balls. There are big brave balls, and there are little mincey faggot balls. Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought your two little mincey faggot balls along for a good old time. But you've got your parties muddled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your guns, and the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point-five-oh" written down the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now...fuck off! --Snatch
Profanity, also too long.
It is long, but, like I said above, it's a monologue, so it's still easy to read. I can understand that this amount of profanity is likely to offend people, however, especially when it's taken out of the context of the movie. I also think that censoring it would dilute the meaning too much, so... Delete. --MattyDienhoff 03:10, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- It's just a cesspool of profanity and euphemisms for genetalia that in the end the quote isn't even all that clever or recognizable. It's also really long Delete --AdAstra2009 02:43, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
- - Bah, I've read less nasty things and seen more reference to guns in porno mags. Delete. --StanTheMan 01:05, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
- Alexa "Lex" Woods (Sanaa Lathan): Seven seasons on the ice, and I've never seen a gun save someone's life.
- Adele Rousseau (Agathe De La Boulaye ): I don't plan on using it.
- Alexa "Lex" Woods: Then why bring it?
- Adele Rousseau: Same principle as a condom. I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it. --Alien vs. Predator
It's a good analogy, and I don't consider the mere mention of a condom to be awkward. Keep. --MattyDienhoff 03:10, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- Keep --AdAstra2009 02:43, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
- Mr. Bill Hertz (Paul Giamatti): Come on Smith, guns don't kill people -- but they sure help. --Shoot 'Em Up
Agreed, and it's not exactly an interesting quote anyway. Delete. --MattyDienhoff 03:10, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- Don't really care for it the better quote is below. Delete --Predator20 05:53, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- Get rid of it Delete --AdAstra2009 02:43, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
And anti-gun sentiment. It also doesn't make a lot of sense taken out of context. Delete. --MattyDienhoff 03:10, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- I like this quote. Mr. Smith used Hammerson's own guns againist him is what makes it great. Keep --Predator20 05:53, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- Get rid of it Delete --AdAstra2009 02:43, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
- Hammerson (Stephen McHattie): You know, Hertz, people love guns because America is a land of opportunity where a poor man can become rich and a pussy can become a tough guy, if he's got a gun in his hand. Now, I'm hopin' you're not just a pussy with a gun in your hand.
- Mr. Bill Hertz (Paul Giamatti): Oh no sir, no, no I am not. I am a tough guy with a pussy in my hand. --Shoot 'Em Up
Profanity and portrays gun owners as weak/cowards.
Agreed. Delete. --MattyDienhoff 03:10, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- Delete--Predator20 05:53, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- Get rid of it Delete --AdAstra2009 02:43, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
- - This still on the site? Bah! Delete. --StanTheMan 01:21, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
- Korean Thug Kim (Walter Wong): What the fuck is this? We said a machine gun!
- Tom Ludlow (Keanu Reeves): It is a machine gun.
- Korean Boss Kim (Ken Choi): The kind you can carry!
- Tom Ludlow: Couldn't get any of those. This baby's got character. Korean War vintage. Maybe even mowed down one of your grandpapa-sans when he was charging the wire at Inchon. --Street Kings
I'm open to the idea of censoring "fuck", but otherwise I like this quote and think it should stay. Keep. --MattyDienhoff 03:10, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- It's a good quote, if we're going to censor them at have it listed as "f*ck". Keep--Predator20 05:35, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- Censor "fuck" Censor--AdAstra2009 02:43, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
- Nick (Aaron Eckhart): Why didn't you use a silencer, Casey?
- Casey (Thomas Jane): You wanna go door-to-door and tell everybody my fucking name?!? --Thursday
The quote is only barely related to firearms anyway. Delete. --MattyDienhoff 03:10, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- Only remotely related to firearms and not recognizable or clever Delete --AdAstra2009 02:43, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
- Fogell (Christopher Mintz-Plasse): What's it like to have a gun?
- Officer Michaels (Seth Rogen) : It's like having two cocks. If one of your cocks could kill someone. --Superbad
I don't find it particularly offensive, and censorship would probably make it entirely nonsensical. Keep. --MattyDienhoff 03:10, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- Even though its kind of funny it is still profane and censoring it will probably lose it's meaning. Delete --AdAstra2009 02:43, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
- The Caller (Kiefer Sutherland): You're in this position because you're not telling the truth.
- Stu Shepard (Colin Farrell): No, I'm in this fucking position because you have a gun! --Phone Booth
This could be censored, I wouldn't miss it if it was deleted because I don't find it to be a particularly interesting or relevant quote. Delete. --MattyDienhoff 03:10, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- There is another Phone Booth quote listed, that's better. So no bigge if it's lost.Delete --Predator20 05:35, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- I like it, just censor "fucking" Censor --AdAstra2009 02:43, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
Lame quote that does not even have to do with guns.
Agreed. Delete. --MattyDienhoff 03:10, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- Agreed also. Delete --Predator20 05:35, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- lame quote Delete --AdAstra2009 02:43, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
- - Only thing that needs to be rid of faster than this quote is Megan Fox's top. Delete. --StanTheMan 01:23, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
- Sheriff Deputy #1: Who in the fuck do you think you are?!?
- Sheriff Deputy #2: He thinks he's Rambo.
- Det. Ray Tango (Sylvester Stallone): Rambo... is a pussy. -- Tango & Cash
Profanity, also no relation to firearms.
Agreed. Delete. --MattyDienhoff 03:10, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- Since I'm the one that put it up, I'll delete it. --Predator20 05:35, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
Not related to guns.
Delete. --Kenny99 00:15, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
- I agree. Delete. --StanTheMan 05:18, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
Heavy Weapons Guy (Gary Schwartz): I am Heavy Weapons Guy, and this is my weapon. She weighs one hundred and fifty kilograms and fires two hundred dollar custom two cartridges at ten thousand rounds per minute. It costs four hundred thousand dollars to fire this weapon for twelve seconds. --Team Fortress 2
Heavy Weapons Guy (Gary Schwartz): Oh my god, who touched Sasha? Alright... Who touched my gun!? --Team Fortress 2
Heavy Weapons Guy (Gary Schwartz): Some people think they can outsmart me. Maybe... maybe. I've yet to meet one that can outsmart bullet. --Team Fortress 2
Scout (Nathan Vetterlein): Four hundred thousand dollars to fire that gun, huh? Yeah, money well spent! --Team Fortress 2
Scout (Nathan Vetterlein): Them two hundred dollar bullets ain't so hot when they don't hit nothin', are they? --Team Fortress 2
Videogames? --Ben41 00:42, 4 May 2010 (UTC)
Not just because it's from a videogame per-se, but because they're all only from one game. It makes it more obscure and less likely to be absorbed by casual users/browsers. Not to mention some of them only barely relate to a gun. Delete All. --StanTheMan 05:18, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
Harry Callahan: Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot! (Magnum Force)
Sonny: Hey, listen, I want somebody good - and I mean very good - to plant that gun. I don't want my brother coming out of that toilet with just his dick in his hands, alright? (The Godfather)
Peter Clemenza: Leave the gun. Take the cannoli. (The Godfather)
- There's probably a couple that aren't shown I could think of that might be good, but one pops into mind right now..
Leo Getz (Joe Pesci) - I bet ya the kid's got an automatic. How 'bout it, got an automatic? Yep, a Beretta, there it is! -Lethal Weapon 2 StanTheMan 05:29, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
Here's another one, don't know if it's worth much but here -
'Snake' Plissken (Kurt Russell): (After looking at gear) ..Where are my guns? -Escape From L.A. StanTheMan 01:42, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
Robert E. Hogan (Bob Crane): Glad you´re alert! But your safety catch is on! Peter Newkirk (Richard Dawson): Ah! Well, we can´t be too careful, can we, sir? -- Hogan's Heroes --Milkovich 09:26, 11 September 2010 (UTC)
H. M. Murdock (Dwight Schultz): Let him loose Chuckie. Besides inking pads and skying here and there, I also like to blow holes in the heads of rednecks.
Only loosely related to firearms. Worth adding? --Milkovich 20:30, 8 February 2011 (UTC)
"Casey Ryback (Morris Chestnut): "Let's see, safety off. Dynamic tension, aim, shoot. Yeah, that's their ass now." -- Under Siege 2: Dark Territory" Whoever wrote this quote needs to stop copy and pasting or pay attention to the characters! Casey Ryback was played by Steven Seagal not Morris Chestnut! This needs to be fixed! Not by me cause I don't know who said it but I know the characters. 5/31/10
Bruce Almighty Quote
Should this quote be on the quote section? - Kenny99 13:49, 8 July 2010 (UTC)
Bruce Amighty: I am a reasonable, sane human being with (imitates Clint Eastwood from Dirty Harry) a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the wo--! (shrieks and hides the Smith & Wesson Model 29) I'm not Clint Eastwood. I'm Bruce No-lan!"
The following quotes have been put taken out of circulation (just for awhile):
In "Bleed Out" (S5E06), a handcuffed suspect is seen opening fire with a Smith & Wesson Model 60.
Harley Davidson (Mickey Rourke): You know, if I had a nickel for every time some piece of sh** pointed a gun at me, I'd be a rich man. -- Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man
Marlboro Man (Don Johnson): G**damn, Harley! If you're shootin' for sh**, you wouldn't even get a whiff. -- Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man
Captain Danny Walker (Josh Hartnett): We've got broomsticks for tailguns! Captain Rafe McCawley (Ben Affleck): Maybe it'll scare 'em. --Pearl Harbor
Benjamin Martin (Mel Gibson): What did I tell you fellas about shooting?
Nathan and Samuel Martin (together): Aim small, miss small. --The Patriot
André Baptiste, Jr. (Sammi Rotibi): Can you bring me the gun of Rambo?
Yuri Orlov (Nicolas Cage): Part One, Two, or Three?
André Baptiste, Jr.: I've only seen Part One.
Yuri Orlov: Ah, the M60 machine gun. Would you like armor piercing bullets?
André Baptiste, Jr.: Please. --Lord of War @@@ SWAT Officer #1: Do you see anything?
SWAT Officer #2: (slowly nods head) It's the guy. He's here. He's got a gun to my head! --The Professional @@@ Irwin M. Fletcher (Chevy Chase): That thing loaded? You shoot me, you're liable to lose a lot of those humanitarian awards. -- Fletch @@@ Sheriff Hague (Michael Biehn): Try not to shoot yourselves. Don't shoot each other. But especially...don't shoot me. --Planet Terror @@@ Art Ridzik (James Belushi): How did you get that piece through customs? Ivan Danko (Arnold Schwarzenegger): Diplomatic immunity. Art Ridzik : Great, that restores my faith in airport security. --Red Heat @@@ Frederick Frenger (Alec Baldwin): Stop or I'll shoot!
Robber: You just shot me!
Frenger: Fired a warning shot and it hit ya! -- Miami Blues @@@ Marlboro Man (Don Johnson): You know that gun costs about two bucks every time you fire it? That's two bucks a bullet!
Harley Davidson (Mickey Rourke): Well, how many did I hit?
Marlboro Man (Don Johnson): You spent twelve bucks and didn't hit a g**damn thing! I nailed one and it cost about four and a quarter. --Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man @@@ Johnny "Madcap" Tyler (Billy Bob Thornton): Listen, Mister! I'm gettin' awful tired of your... Wyatt Earp (Kurt Russell):: I'm gettin' real tired of your gas, now jerk that pistol and go to work! I said, throw down, boy! You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed? --Tombstone @@@ John McClane (Bruce Willis): Know how to use a handgun, Bill? (reloads his Beretta)
Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman): I spent a weekend at a combat range. You know that game with the guns that shoot red paint? Must sound kinda stupid to you.
John McClane (Bruce Willis): (hands over his Beretta) Well...it's time for the real thing, Bill. All you gotta do is pull the trigger. --Die Hard
@@@ Eddie (Nick Moran): They're armed. Soap (Dexter Fletcher): What was that? Armed? What do you mean armed? Armed with what? Eddie: Err, bad breath, colorful language, feather duster... what do you think they're gonna be armed with? Guns, you tit! --Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
@@@ Lasky (John Candy): That's not a real gun is it Clark? Clark (Chevy Chase): Are you kidding? This is a Magnum P.I.! Lasky: It's a BB gun! Clark: Don't tempt me. I could put an eye out with this thing. Lasky: You couldn't even break the skin with that thing. -- National Lampoon's Vacation
@@@ Agent Lilly Raines (Rene Russo): What are you looking at? Agent Frank Horrigan (Clint Eastwood): I was just wondering, where do you hide your firearm? Don't tell me, let me guess. --In the Line of Fire @@@ Homer Simpson (Dan Castellaneta): I'm sorry I lied to you Marge, but this gun had a hold on me. I felt this incredible surge of power, like God must feel when he's holding a gun. --The Simpsons Movie
@@@ Charles Brubaker (James Brolin): Anyone want the gun? Peter Willis (Sam Waterston): I'd shoot my foot. (Brubaker tries to hand the gun to John Walker) John Walker (O.J. Simpson): I'd shoot his foot. --Capricorn One
@@@ Henry (Michael Rooker): If you shoot someone in the head with a .45 every time you kill somebody, it becomes like your fingerprint, see? But if you strangle one, stab another, and one you cut up, and one you don't, then the police don't know what to do. -- Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
@@@ Martin Riggs (Mel Gibson): Well, what do you wanna hear, man? Do you wanna hear that sometimes I think about eatin' a bullet? Huh? Well, I do! I even got a special bullet for the occasion with a hollow point, look! Make sure it blows the back of my g**damned head out and do the job right! --Lethal Weapon
@@@ Harry Brown (Michael Caine): Gut wound. The slug's probably torn right through your liver. Mate of mine in Ulster got caught in sniper fire. Bullet blew his insides out. He screamed for a good 10 minutes. We couldn't send a medic in, the section was too hot. So we all took cover, and watched him die. -- Harry Brown
@@@ Charlie Simms (Chris O'Donnell): Where did you get the piece? Lt. Col. Frank Slade (Al Pacino): I'm an officer in the United States Army. This is my sidearm. Charlie Simms: But you're not an officer anymore. Lt. Col. Frank Slade: So I'm retired, so what? An officer never relinquishes his forty-five. --Scent of a Woman
@@@ Tempus (Lane Davies): "It's not a good idea to be on the streets these days without protection. (chambers nickeled Desert Eagle Mark VII) You know, my stores are offering a great deal on a 12-clip automatic. 24 rounds with every purchase, and a free pair of sunglasses." -- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
@@@ Specialist John Grimes (Ewan McGregor): Why aren't you shooting? PFC. John Waddell (Ian Virgo): We're not being shot at yet! Specialist John Grimes: How can you tell? PFC John Waddell: A hiss means it's close. A snap...(a round ricochets off the ground) Now they're shooting at us! -- Black Hawk Down
@@@ Heather Gummer (Reba McEntire): Hey! Wait a minute, guys. Y'all have to take somethin' that packs more of a punch than that 30-30. Why don't you take one of our Browning autos? Or better than that. Why don't you take my Model 70? (hands off the Winchester Model 70 to Earl) It's .375 H&H Mag. Earl Bassett (Fred Ward): Thanks, Heather. -- Tremors
@@@ Jack O´Neill (Richard Dean Anderson): (Holds up a staff weapon) This is a weapon of terror. It is designed to frighten the enemy. (Holds up a FN P90) This is a weapon of war. It's designed to kill the enemy. -- Stargate SG-1
@@@ Inspector Giermani (Giuliano Gemma): The woman was killed with a razor, and had pages of your book stuffed in her mouth. Peter Neal (Anthony Franciosa): Let me ask you something: If a person is killed with a Smith & Wesson revolver, do you go and interview the president of Smith & Wesson? -- Tenebre
@@@ M (Bernard Lee): Yes, I thought so. This damn Beretta again. I've told you about this before. (to the armorer) You tell him, for the last time. Maj. Boothroyd (Peter Burton): It's nice and light... in a lady's handbag. No stopping power. -- Dr. No
@@@ Claire Phelps (Emmanuelle Béart): We've got 75 rounds for the Beretta, but only 20 for the SIG-Sauer. --Mission: Impossible
@@@ Hicks (Michael Biehn): Hey, I want to introduce you to a personal friend of mine. (brings up M41A Pulse Rifle) This is an M41A Pulse Rifle, 10 millimeter, with an over and under, 30 millimeter, (pumps grenade launcher) pump-action grenade launcher. --Aliens
The Schofield Kid (Jaimz Woolvett): It don't seem real... how he ain't gonna never breathe again, ever... how he's dead. And the other one too. All on account of pulling a trigger.
William Munny (Clint Eastwood): It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
The Schofield Kid: Yeah, I guess they had it coming.
William Munny: We all have it coming, kid. -- Unforgiven @@@ Martin Riggs (Mel Gibson): We do this my way. You shoot, you shoot to kill. Get as many as you can, all you gotta do is just not miss. --Lethal Weapon @@@ Gun Store Manager: You got your shotguns, your long guns, your semiautomatics...
Tempus (Lane Davies): Semiautomatics.
Gun Store Manager: My personal choice for self-protection. -- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman @@@ Gun Store Manager: (shows off his Glock 17L) Gives the scum a real surprise, they try to rip me off. A 9mm with a 32-shot stagger clip. Spits out these puppies as fast as you can squeeze the trigger. Makes you someone to respect. -- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
Lily Sloane (Alfre Woodard): I don't get it. I thought you said this was all just a bunch of holograms. If it's holograms, how...
Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart): I disengaged the safety protocols. Without them, even a holographic bullet can kill. -- Star Trek: First Contact
Harley Davidson (Mickey Rourke): This is a Ruger, Super Blackhawk, four-fifty-four conversion.
Marlboro Man (Don Johnson): G**damn, Harley, that's too much gun for you! -- Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man
Harley Davidson (Mickey Rourke): This is what I learned with.
Marlboro Man (Don Johnson): Hell, nobody learns with a converted .454!
Harley Davidson (Mickey Rourke): I did.
Marlboro Man (Don Johnson): That explains it.-- Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man
@@@ Maj. General William Deveraux (Bruce Willis): Twelve hours after the President gives the order we can be on the ground. One light infantry division of 10,700 men, elements of the Rapid Deployment Force, Special Forces, Delta, APCs, helicopters, tanks and of course, the ubiquitous M16A1 assault rifle. A humble enough weapon until you see it in the hands of a man outside your local bowling alley or 7-11. It will be noisy, it will be scary and it will not be mistaken for a VFW parade. --The Siege
@@@ Deputy US Marshal Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones): These things are so cool. They shoot underwater! You can pour sand in them and they'll still shoot. Shoot everytime. It's a good choice. --U.S. Marshals
@@@ Gorman (William Hope): Apone! Look... we can't have any firing in there. I, uh... I want you to collect magazines from everybody. Private R. Frost (Ricco Ross): What the hell are we supposed to use, man? Harsh language? --Aliens
Homer Carlton (Billy Bob Thornton): Well, what do you think? Stock in or out?
Mercenary: I don't think it's going to make much difference.
Homer Carlton: Well, I do, see. 'Cause when it's out, I kinda feel like a p***y, you know what I'm saying? And when it's in, it just feels like, I don't know, meaner or something and when I kill the son of a b***h, I wanna feel good about myself. I wanna feel solid. -- On Deadly Ground
@@@ Nice Guy Eddie Cabot (Chris Penn): Larry, we have been friends, and you respect my dad and I respect you, but I will put f***ing bullets right through your heart. You put that f***ing gun down, now! -- Reservoir Dogs
Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise): This is a Beretta 92F. It's a very accurate, close-range weapon. Don't point it at me.
Julia (Michelle Monaghan): Sorry.
Ethan Hunt: It holds 15 rounds. When the mag is empty, the slide will lock back like this.
Julia: How do you know so much about this?
Ethan Hunt: To reload, push this button. The empty mag falls out and you shove the other one in, like the batteries in the flashlight in the kitchen, then release the slide.
Julia: Why are you giving me a gun?
Ethan Hunt: There could be others. If you have to use it, you stay low. You identify your enemy. Point and shoot. It's very simple. Point and shoot. -- Mission: Impossible III
@@@ FBI Special Agent Adam Frawley (Jon Hamm):(in "Townie" accent) You and your boys didn't just roll a Star market over in Malden for a box of quarters! (in normal accent) No, you decided to bang it out at the North End at nine o'clock in the morning with assault rifles! -- The Town
Pike (Brian Bloom): What are you doing?
Kyle: It's a European silencer.
Pike (Brian Bloom): It's a suppressor...counterclockwise. Holdin' a gun like that? You've held a gun like that before and you're still here? That's amazing! -- The A-Team (2010)
@@@ Dr. Jack Ryan (Alec Baldwin): [imitating Captain Ramius] "Ryan, some things in here don't react well to bullets." [to himself] Yeah, like me. I don't react well to bullets. --The Hunt for Red October
Beatrix Kiddo (Uma Thurman): You pretty good with that shotgun?
Karen Kim (Helen Kim): Not that I have to be at this range, but I'm a f***ing surgeon with this shotgun!
Beatrix Kiddo: Well, guess what, b***h? I'm better than Annie Oakley and I've got you right in my sight! -- Kill Bill Vol. 2
Harry Walters (Ralph Fiennes): I suppose you got a gun up there?
Ray (Colin Farrell): Yeah!
Harry Walters: What are we gonna do? We can't stand here all night.
Marie (Thekla Reuten): Why don't you both put your guns down, go home.
Harry Walters: Don't be stupid, this is the shootout. -- In Bruges @@@ Rick O'Connell (Brendan Fraser): You want power? I give you the Thompson submachine gun. (takes out M1928 Thompson from his weapons box) 50 rounds a drum. 25 a mag. (imitates gunfire sound) -- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor @@@ Alex O'Connell (Luke Ford): (after explaining the downside of the Thompson submachine gun to Rick) Here. Check out the Russian PPS "Personal Assault Weapon". (pulls out a PPS-43 and chambers it) Now, this is the future right here. -- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor @@@ Alex O'Connell (Luke Ford): (shows Walther P38 to Rick) Have you ever seen a Walther P38?
Rick O'Connell (Brendan Fraser): Looks pretty anemic compared to the Peacemaker (takes out Colt single Action Army)
Alex O'Connell: Well, it's not about size, Dad. It's about stamina. -- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
@@@ Charlie Rakes (Guy Pearce): Do you mean, immortal? (chuckles) "Sh**! You f***ing hicks are a sideshow unto yourselves! Sheriff, do you have any idea what a Thompson submachine gun does to 'immortal'? --Lawless
For Your Consideration
Jonas Arbor (Cuba Gooding Jr.): A trigger is like a fast forward button. I just skip to the end credits on other people's lives. Or not. The choice is mine to make. -- The Hit List --Funkychinaman (talk) 17:38, 26 September 2012 (EDT)
Sam Childers (Gerard Butler): You say she’s jamming on you? <checks gun> Yeah, ‘cause she’s full of dirt. Dirt and grit. You gotta strip her down once a day. Keep her well oiled. No wonder she’s jamming on you.
Deng (Souleymane Sy Savane):Are you military?