Talk:World War II Online: Battleground Europe
Additional Game Info
(moved from main page due to length.) - --Ben41 20:21, 1 May 2011 (CDT)
Realism is taken to a new level in this WWII MMO. The weapons and vehicles are modeled utilizing historical data after hundreds of hours of research.
The advanced physics and ballistics systems create a military-grade simulation. The game is a constant work in progress meaning it is always in development and new features, updates, weapons and vehicles get added over time.
For more information about the game visit: http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/
or the official wiki: http://wiki.wwiionline.com/
Free trial can be found here: http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/64-about-wwiiol1/6916-signupstaging
There are 3 Nations featured in the game, Germany, United Kingdom and France.
The infantry weapons can be used while standing, crouching and in prone position. All weapons have to be aimed with their 3D modelled iron sights, there is no cross hair. You can fire them unaimed too, but you will have a hard time hitting anything except with sub machine guns at close range.
Heavier weapons like the anti tank rifles and light machine guns can be deployed using their mono and bipods at geometry in the 3D world and also while prone. This will make them a lot more accurate.
Light mortars can only be used in deployed mode while prone.
This list only shows the infantry portion of the game, there are also about 90 vehicles of different types (air, land and sea).
Currently the game features the following infantry classes:
British Anti-Tank Rifle
Light Machine Gunner
Each class has its own weapon loadout. This is also resembled on the third person avatars which all have different fieldgear and equipment according to the weapons they wield. There are also paratrooper models for each nation, they have different loadouts than the standard infantry classes but use the same weapons.
Please keep in mind that all screenshots are compressed for file size reduction. Some game content is still work in progress, screenshots on this website will get updated regularly. The HUD (heads up display) was disabled for those screenshots to get a better view.
British Combat knife
French Combat knife
German Combat knife
Technically not weapons, but usable items for several infantry classes, available for all 3 nations:
(used to build AT gun emplacements, field resupply units or fighting positions)
(used to resupply other players with ammo)
Can you delete the information about the game's classes, this website is not a game FAQ and should be about the firearms only.--Mpe2010 21:41, 29 April 2011 (CDT)
- This is a wiki. No one's stopping you from fixing a flaw that you find instead of asking others to do it for you.--PistolJunkie 21:51, 29 April 2011 (CDT)
- I am not asking others to do it I am asking the maker of the page to do it because they should make it right or not make it at all. http://forum.imfdb.org/showthread.php?t=1621 --Mpe2010 22:03, 29 April 2011 (CDT)
- How is asking another user to do it not asking someone else to do it? Your logic is baffling. Just fix it yourself and contribute to the site instead of hoping that the person who made it suddenly learns how to properly format a page.--PistolJunkie 01:18, 30 April 2011 (CDT)
Hello, I am working on it! Give me a few days please.--hchris
Done - hchris
- You're not quite done. Not how all of the quality pages are formatted; all images are oriented to the left, and the links to the weapon articles are in the descriptions placed immediately before the stock weapon image, not in the section headers.--PistolJunkie 11:54, 30 April 2011 (CDT)
I made the pictures left and right so the page doesn't get too long and also the right space is used and not just white. There are a lot of pages where the links to the weapons are in the headers, I checked a lot of pages and it was done this way so I did it the same way, what is the problem? - hchris
You were told about putting the page in the correct format that what is on there now is not. Please refer to the Rules, Standards and Principles page for some details. The agreed upon format is that weapons are hyperlinked below in the description of the weapon. Also, putting the screenshots on the right is also not the proper format as well. A lot of pages (especially the videogame pages) need to be corrected of this and should not be followed. --Ben41 20:21, 1 May 2011 (CDT)
But why did you combine the British and French weapons?? Have you ever played the game? Those are 2 completely independent fractions NOT considered as combined Allied Forces. You cannot even play as French infantry when you choose your British persona, so why put them together?
I can understand the other modifications, but the combination of the French and British armes just doesn't make sense. Next time you change something please at least play the game first. -- hchris
I will try to put more work into this tomorrow so it finally fits your expectations -- hchris
All pictures now correctly displayed with "none", further work will be done in the next few days -- hchris
- Seeing as you have several listings for the same weapons, you may want to consider using the Handguns/Submachine Guns/Assault Rifles/Sniper Rifles/etc. format instead of organizing it by factions.--PistolJunkie 00:33, 7 May 2011 (CDT)
- Not a good idea, only very few weapons are currently shared between some countries. As this game is a constant work in progress, changes can be expected in this area. Also I highly prefer this format as it shows the different fractions in a much better organzied and structured way as it is ingame. --hchris
Actally PistolJunkie is right, this site is about what guns are used in which movie/tv show/anime/video game, etc. This is not a "Who used what gun" site (Actor Pages don't count), the majority of the people who will read the WWIIO:BE page are going to be more concerned with "what gun is ______". Besides you can put in the description which faction the firearm belongs to.- User:1morey June 27, 2011 7:02 PM (EST)
The current format is fine. Whether or not you want it divided by faction or by firearm type, the page is sectioned well and is easy to navigate for anyone who uses it. There's no need to argue over technicalities when it works fine the way it is. Chitoryu12 08:28, 16 April 2012 (CDT)
Its surprising the STEN SMG is not present for the British weapons... --S9771773G 09:53, 16 April 2012 (CDT)
- This is because the game starts at 1940 (Tier 0). Each campaign progresses through the different Tiers (currently 0-3). Over the course of a campaign new equipment gets fielded through research and development. More advanced tanks, guns and planes are available over time (think the war progresses and so does the equipment). This is why the British get the M1928 Thompson at Tier 0 as the Brits did in real life. For the next update being 1.35 several new infantry weapons will be added (see at the very bottom of this page). Some of those weapons (Gewehr 41 and MAS40) will be fielded at Tier 1 (as soon as the campaign reaches Tier 1 they will be available for spawning), while others (the new anti tank rifle grenades) will be at the start Tier 0. --Hchris 23:08, 18 April 2012 (CDT)
- I will switch over this page to the standard IMFDB format (Pistols, SMGs, Rifles, SMGs etc..) soon to get rid of the duplicates and avoid further duplicates (there are even more shared weapons in the game). I will also move the non weapon stuff (knives etc..) to the discussion page soon in the next few days. --Hchris (talk) 12:57, 15 May 2017 (EDT)