Steve McQueen memorial photo
I liked that photo and thought it would make a good memorial photo. Just the opposite of his ultra cool tough guy image. --Jcordell 18:20, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
- Steve McQueen is awesome. I mean, just look at his name. Also, that photo still shows us that he is a cool tough guy. The word cool is important here.-Oliveira 18:44, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
The other day I noticed below cool Steve McQueen photo in a local shop. Looking at it, I wondered about two things, hope anybody can help me.
(1) What movie is this from? I checked his IMDB page for any suspects but could not find any. It’s probably something late 60’s/early 70’s.
(2) What’s the revolver? I am leaning towards Harrington & Richardson but can’t determine the exact model.
- It could just be a picture of him lounging around at home, and not from a movie at all. --Funkychinaman (talk) 08:02, 19 January 2015 (EST)
From a photo shoot that McQueen did for Look magazine in 1963. He was in Palm Springs at the time. There are other photos of him and his wife out in the desert target shooting. As a responsible gunowner I hope that the revolver was empty when this photo was taken. Well it was a different time wasn't it? --Jcordell (talk) 00:33, 20 January 2015 (EST)
- Hey JC, thanks a bunch, I was hoping you'd know. Yes, looks like a very different time indeed, just look at the way his wife is aiming, lying down on two rocks... Because of the coolness, I made the shop owner an offer for the photo, but he would not part with it saying he liked it too, PeeWee055 (talk) 04:20, 20 January 2015 (EST)