Talk:NCIS: Los Angeles - Season 1
I know diddly squat about revolvers, other than it's a Smith & Wesson, I haven't got much of a clue. They all look pretty much the same to me. --Crazycrankle 23:52, 14 January 2010 (UTC)
- Moved from the main page: To me it looks like a Smith and Wesson Model 67 with a two inch barrel. I say the Model 67 because it probably is steel framed and has adjustable sights. --22.214.171.124 17:34, 14 January 2010 (UTC)
- Also moved from the main page: This is a 2in. barreled Model 15 Combat Masterpiece,nickel plated;the stainless variant the M-67 was only made in 4in. Looks like Pachmayr grips.The excellent screencap reveals that it is actually unloaded.
Hope this helps.
Unknown sniper rifle? --Ben41 22:35, 20 November 2009 (UTC)
Any ideas about this, or any of the other unknowns? Anyone? Crazycrankle 23:54, 20 November 2009 (UTC)
It looks very similar to the Accuracy International Arctic Warfare AWM. --Ben41 00:22, 21 November 2009 (UTC)
I think it looks like a Remington Model 7 (with a telescoping sniper buttstock and Parker Hale Bipod)
From what I can see, the back end of the bolt doesn't look the same. More images:
--Crazycrankle 08:07, 21 November 2009 (UTC)Mythekal
its actually a fictional airsoft gun Media:http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-WELL-MB05-C2.htm i think, i am probably not correct, but feel free to correct me, as i am a noob
Not impossible. Definitely modified though. New muzzle break, suppressor and the buttpad (Correct term? Sounds dirty.) is upside down. The grip also has something extra on the bottom. So what do we call it? --Crazycrankle 05:12, 22 November 2009 (UTC)
Probably a custom job, she is one of North Korea's top assassins, to maybe she had it built custom.
If I was an assassin, I would NEVER custom order anything, because it would leave a paper trail.--L.J. Gibbs 20:27, 17 September 2010 (UTC)
I think he meant custom built by an NK military armorer, kinda like how our special operations units have all their weapons custom built/tuned for individual preferences. DeltaOne 01:18, 20 February 2011 (UTC)
I do not think this is a Dragon but rather it is more a factual error on the part of the show's producers. The M47 Dragon, as far as I know, is no longer in front line service with any branch of the US military and was pretty much phased out of service in the late 1990s so I doubt if it would be in the armory of a front line Marine unit. In addition the sight unit of the weapon displayed does not look anything like the one on the actual Dragon launcher. --Charon68 01:59, 21 November 2009 (UTC)
- Aren't you refuting your own argument? Of course this is a factual error because it's a TV show. It doesn't represent reality, so the armorers used the M47 here even if it's no longer used by the Marines in real life. Thinking about real life isn't such a good way to determine what weapons are used in a FICTIONAL TV show. -MT2008 14:44, 21 November 2009 (UTC)
So what do you guys think about this show?
I personally don't like it, but I want to know what you guys think.
I personally think it's better than NUMB3RS.
I prefer the original NCIS, but I like LA. Ramell 11:25, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
We sure its an m40? Looks like a standard remington 700 sps varmint with spray paint on it.
Mossberg 500 Cruiser
This is the same one seen on Justified, right? Probably same Armourer or something since they are both recent shows.
Splitting article to seasons
Should we? I don't mind doing it. Ominae 03:08, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
- Not yet. It's only been 2 seasons. The original NCIS is at 8 seasons and it's still on one page. --Ben41 08:12, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
- Fine if that's the case. Need to note on what weapons were seen in the 2nd season. Some of the others decided to split the 24 article as it was getting way too long. Ominae 20:17, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
Anyone else think this? User:SAMBAMA
How? And sign your posts--Mandolin 02:42, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
Remember that episode with the militia? User:SAMBAMA
its a show about law enforcement in California...it almost has to have some what of a underlined message about civilians and anti-gun attitudes...definitely with the media portrayed militia groups. I'm not saying real militia groups but the fake ones that they like to show in movies that are all raciest back country folk.--Spades of Columbia 15:15, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
- First of all, one episode doesn't necessarily mean the entire show is anti-gun. This show, like most TV shows, has had many, many writers depending on episode/season. Different writers can have different political sentiments. Of course, this isn't to deny that Hollywood is full of people who are gun-hating leftists, or at least pay lip service to left-leaning ideas (every gun owner in America knows this).
- Anyway, I have mentioned on the talk page for MacGyver that IMFDB is not a political site, and we do not care about or discuss politics here. We exist to document guns in movies, period, regardless of the political sentiments held by the cast/crew of said movie. -MT2008 15:34, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
The militia episode showed them with g36c, m4a1, etc. These aren't "civilian" guns, they weren't shown buying these at the local gun store. Besides, gun handling is very good, excellent grips and trigger control by main characters. -user:k9870
Suppressed guns used in "Deliverance" and "Absolution"
Can anyone ID the suppressed guns used by the BND assassins to shoot Sebastian Renner in "Deliverance" and the gun aimed at Hetty by Mattias? I think that they are all Walther PPKs.--L.J. Gibbs 23:44, 13 December 2010 (UTC)
Suppressed Sniper Rifle used in "Empty Quiver"
Can anyone ID the sniper rifle that Kensi used in "Empty Quiver?" --L.J. Gibbs 17:01, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
Thank you, Ominae.--L.J. Gibbs 13:30, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
Assassin's Glock "17"
The Glock wielded by the assassin, noted as a Glock 17, looks more like a 19 or other Glock semi-compact to me, judging by the distance between top of the trigger guard and end of the barrel. Anyone care to confirm this (or not)? - TrueBeliever19 21:09, 27 February 2011
The obvious SEF trigger group in the first picture makes me doubt those are really MP5A4s. I didn't see the episode, so if they fired in 3-round bursts I don't know. Unless there's another characteristic of A4s that A2s don't have, I'd say those are all MP5A2s. MrOshimida27 22:48, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
Hetty Lange's unidentified revolver
I've been looking for a long time now to find a weapon that Hetty briefly used in a scene in S02E23 (Imposters) and it was shown again in S02E24 (Familia). It was mounted to a some kind of an arm rack. I'm sure a picture will tell a thousand words, here they are:
Here Hetty pulls (rather slides) it out of her sleeve, bugging off the uninvited. (S02E23)
Here Hetty uses it against two men to deliver a message to the Comescu. (S02E24)
After Sam, G., Deeks and Kensi clear the building that Hetty was in before, Sam picks up Hetty's pistol, mounted to an arm rack(?). (S02E24)
It would also be nice to know what these kinds of "racks" are actually called, although I'm quite certain it was partly fantasy, but I'd be surprised if no-one has tried to manufacture one of such things. Thank you for all the help you can give me.
UPDATE: After a little venturing I found that it's probably an NAA .22 Magnum (or .22LR) Mini-Revolver. But I'm still quite interested in the rack, if someone could please shed some light on it, thanks.
Colt Detective Special?
I think the Colt Detective Special is actually a Charter Arms of some varitey. Look at the shape of the trigger guard and cylinder latch. --AndCA 11:00, 11 August 2011 (CDT)
SIG Pro SP2022
In this week's ep, "Cyber Threat", in the scene where they cut off the woman in the car and draw their pistols on her, the P228s seem to have turned into SIG Pros. I'm not sure if this was a one-time inconsistency or if they have switched over permanently.----JazzBlackBelt-- 22:14, 3 October 2011 (CDT)
I noticed the change too, however, I believe that they are in fact the new version of the P229, with the redesigned slide and grip (formerly designated the E2 model). They can also be seen in "Backstopped". Apologies if the photo formatting is off...I'm still new at this.
--MajorChord 20:25, 7 October 2011 (CDT)
- I agree, after watching the two eps again that is what i thought of but I was going to wait one more episode to see if they have officially changed or if it was a short lived thing.----JazzBlackBelt-- 21:13, 7 October 2011 (CDT)
While watching episode "Deadline" the rails are definitely noticeable on their guns.----Slancho918-- 11:49, 15 October 2011
Guns from "Legend" episodes
Glock 17 (Full Auto Conversion)
In the NCIS:LA prequel "Legend, Part 2", a two-tone Glock 17 converted to full auto with a 33 round magazine is used by the lead terrorist Haziq Khaleel (Nick Tarabay) in an attempt at repelling the OSP raid team.
Brügger & Thomet MP-9
A Brügger & Thomet MP-9 is used by a Russian hit team in the NCIS:LA prequel "Legend, Part 2".
SIG SG 552
A SIG SG 552 is used by Sam, Kensi and miscellaneous NCIS agents in "Legend Pt. 2" (6x23) when they raid a terrorist cell's headquarters.