Talk:Alone in the Dark (2005)
You are one brave man for taking on a UWE BOLLE movie, quite possibley the worst director in the history of the world. Without a doubt this movie sucked the chrome of a bumper (but I'm smart enough to avoid these movies, like a burner on a hot stove). - Gunmaster45
- So I assume you're saying that I'm not smart for watching this ;) MoviePropMaster2008 22:50, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
- No, but perhaps uninformed. Did someone tell you how bad this film was before you saw it? But please don't think I'm implying that, I'm just the type of person who tries to avoid crappy movies. - Gunmaster45
Hey, man, shitty movies are fun to watch and laugh at.-protoAuthor
Uh, no. I don't consider myself uninformed. I watch everything. I certainly was curious about the armoring of the film, there is a ton of weapons in the movie. There's always something to be learned from bad films, even "how NOT to make the same mistakes this guy does.". Wow. I've been called uninformed and Not smart by GM45 all in the space of one hour! ;) How did I merit that? ;) MoviePropMaster2008 23:12, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
Dude, I should totally do a page on Dragon Wars.-protoAuthor
- Don't. I've already screencapped that. it will be up by tonight when I get back. See? I love bad movies....MoviePropMaster2008 23:16, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
I've got one you don't though, I'll bet. Pendragon's "H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds". An independent film made in 2005, not the Tom Cruise one, nor the "Mockbuster" by Asylum (which should also happen), but one that follows the storyline of the actual book. Granted, there are like, 2, 3 guns in it total, but it's pretty hilarious. I have two copies of it, the original, which runs 3 hours on the dot, and the cut-down director's cut. The original I bought on Amazon for about 2 bucks. The shipping cost more than the item itself.-protoAuthor
- I'm in a bad mood and I guess I've unintentionally let it out on you. Sorry. ;) - Gunmaster45
- I'm a glutton for punishment. Bad movies can be fun for a lot of reasons...having cool weaponry being one. I always remind myself that I screencapped 2 Fast 2 Furious, almost entirely because I liked the bad guy's custom SIG P226 that appears in it.
- Uwe Bolle does seem like a despicable person, but I might check out his adaptation of Far Cry, because I'm a fan of the games and because it has another SIG P226 (and I'll watch almost any movie with that gun). ;-)
- BTW, I appeared in a really bad movie myself, worse than the worst Uwe Boll movie. I'd rather not say which one, but lemme just tell you that it was by a director who gets almost as much hate as Uwe Bolle. -MT2008 01:35, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
Nightwish "Wish I Had An Angel" Music vid for this film
I'm a total Nightwish ADDICT, and I'm tempted to see this film just for their song being used in it - but it's over the end credits as far as I know. Anyway, they took their original music video for their song "Wish I Had An Angel" and cut it with scenes from the film to make a new version for the movie. The part at 2:13 is pretty darn epic, it shows the scene where Carnby fires two shots from a Glock - one bullet to shatter an ice block, and the second right behind to pass through and into...uh, presumably a hybrid, it cuts to another scene at 2:20.
Anyhow, as a Nightwish fan AND firearm fan, I highly recommend checking out this music video!
- Wow, was the editor lazy? or did he hate the movie? There are TONS more awesome shots from the film that could be used, he picked really weird ones. The only cool shot selected to be in this music vid was the Glock firing through the ice block, but there are tons of zombie / Zeno fights that have way cooler shots. The editor pics weird clips of Tara Reid looking half asleep and Stephen Dorff just looking straight ahead WTF?!? IF you're gonna amp up the adrenaline in a music video at least pick movie clips that are high energy and epic. This film had tons of great shots (if anything, you had to appreciate Boll's cinematographers at the least ;) ) MoviePropMaster2008 17:42, 1 September 2011 (CDT)
Internal shot during the opening?
I'm surprised nobody's posted screengrabs of the godawful bit in the opening sequence where the camera, aided by CGI, goes down the barrel of a gun, watches a round rise up into the barrel (no sign of a chamber or anything) as if it's on a lift, and get fired out... Anyone tempted? --Awmperry (talk) 16:35, 18 March 2013 (EDT)
I find the bit about how awesome the CGI in this movie was to be hilarious (also irrelevant, but mostly hilarious). Aside from the previously mentioned crappy internal-view thing, there's also an amazing moment when a computer generated gunshot misses a hybrid by approximately 10 feet, but she falls down dead anyway. Since everyone in this movie fires tracers, you can clearly see the brightly-colored CGI bullet streaking by over her head. Since the gunshot was CGI, that means someone had to look at this and go "Yeah, that looks okay. I like how you apparently thought the actress was 15 feet tall." Atypicaloracle (talk) 11:02, 16 June 2013 (EDT)