Sherlock Holmes (disambiguation)
Sherlock Holmes is the famous literary character created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle that is considered one of the most important staples of the mystery genre. The character has been featured for over a century in various forms of media including feature films and television series.
The following lists the films and television series in the IMFDB featuring the character of Sherlock Holmes:
- Without a Clue - A 1988 comedy directed by Thom Eberhardt starring Michael Caine as Sherlock Holmes and Ben Kingsley as Dr. Watson.
- Sherlock Holmes (2009) - A 2009 film directed by Guy Ritchie starring Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes and Jude Law as Dr. Watson.
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - The 2011 sequel to the 2009 film, again directed by Richie with Downey Jr. and Law reprising their roles.
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson - A Soviet television series from 1979-1986 starring Vasily Livanov as Sherlock Holmes and Vitaly Solomin as Dr. Watson.
- Sherlock - An ongoing British television series which premiered in 2010 starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes and Martin Freeman as Dr. Watson.
- Elementary - An ongoing American television series which premiered in 2012 starring Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock Holmes and Lucy Liu as Dr. Joan Watson, a female version of the character.